Wonder Woman

Whedon is out http://www.superherohype.com/news/wonderwomannews.php?id=5173

No longer writing or directing and WB has also recently purchase a script by Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland which may be set to WWII

YES!!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons he did not do the Buffy/Angel tv movies e.g Spike the movie was 1) networks needed to pick it up 2) he was trying as hard as he was busy thinking/planing ect Wonder woman and few other things so with that out the picture hopefully we'll get the movies

What? What?! WHAT?!

I've been waiting for Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman since it was rumoured. And now he's not? **** that. **** that. I want Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman.

I wasn't very excited about Whedon's Wonder Woman to begin with, when he said it would have an all-new villain. That's lame. And then he wasn't even done with the freakin' script, like two years after he started it. It just wasn't a good project for him. Now he can do something awesomer.

Now maybe they can use Egg-Fu!

So no Whedon?

Well that drops the excitement factor down to about 5%. It's a shame too because I was really looking forward to this.

I'd like to say that I still have faith in what the film will be, mainly because DC has been doing very good with their films lately. But still...........

People want to see Olivia Munn from G4tv's Attack of the Show play Wonder Woman in a movie-there was even a petition for it.

Does anyone agree?

Last edited:
People want to see Olivia Munn from G4tv's Attack of the Show play Wonder Woman in a movie-there was even a petition for it.

Does anyone agree?

So lemme ask you this....since you stated that you didn't care and would rather see a Green Lantern movie---why would you even ask the question of Olivia Munn? It's irrelevant.

Why not ask something like "Who should play Green Lantern in a Green Lantern movie?" or something like that? :?

So lemme ask you this....since you stated that you didn't care and would rather see a Green Lantern movie---why would you even ask the question of Olivia Munn? It's irrelevant.

Why not ask something like "Who should play Green Lantern in a Green Lantern movie?" or something like that? :?

I was curious-they were talking about it on G4TV.

Well like I stated before, along with Quicksilver---she doesn't have the skills to carry a movie, let alone a franchise, like that.

If Whedon was still attached to the project, I'd stand by my Charisma Carpenter choice. But now that he's out and someone else is in....this opens it back up to almost any brunette in Hollywood.

I'm a fan of Planet Man's Kim Director. I'd also be interested in casting Lauren Graham in the role as well. She's got the look and build.....but we haven't really seen her in anything dramatic.

If I was casting this----I'd at least have her in the final dress auditions.

CBR:

Producer Joel Silver is quoted at Sci Fi Wire as saying that any cinematic experience for the Amazon princess is not gonna happen soon. "They're going to make the Justice League movie, and we're kind of pausing on Wonder Woman now," Silver said. "And if that comes together, Wonder Woman will be a part of that story. And then we'll see where we go from there. But we struggled with it for a while. I hope that we can solve it and make it one day."

Speaking of the team up film, actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead talked to MTV about the experience auditioning for the role. "I was so excited [to audition]. It would be the biggest honor in the world to play an icon like that," she said. "We'll see. I keep thinking about all of the physical training I could do, bulking up and getting some muscles. IÕve never seen myself like that before! ItÕs funny because I didnÕt really see anybody else [auditioning] when I went in, so I was learning along with everyone else all the different names. It was fun to go on the message boards and see what people were saying, speculating on the rumors. I know theyÕll make the right choice, and whoever it is will be great, IÕm sure."

Australian outlet The Daily Telegraph claims that model slash actress Megan Gale is actually the favorite for the role. "Certainly Gale has been spotted paying visits to Fox Studios in recent weeks, which is where the George Miller-directed film will be shot."

CBR:

Producer Joel Silver is quoted at Sci Fi Wire as saying that any cinematic experience for the Amazon princess is not gonna happen soon. "They're going to make the Justice League movie, and we're kind of pausing on Wonder Woman now," Silver said. "And if that comes together, Wonder Woman will be a part of that story. And then we'll see where we go from there. But we struggled with it for a while. I hope that we can solve it and make it one day."

Speaking of the team up film, actress Mary Elizabeth Winstead talked to MTV about the experience auditioning for the role. "I was so excited [to audition]. It would be the biggest honor in the world to play an icon like that," she said. "We'll see. I keep thinking about all of the physical training I could do, bulking up and getting some muscles. IÕve never seen myself like that before! ItÕs funny because I didnÕt really see anybody else [auditioning] when I went in, so I was learning along with everyone else all the different names. It was fun to go on the message boards and see what people were saying, speculating on the rumors. I know theyÕll make the right choice, and whoever it is will be great, IÕm sure."

Australian outlet The Daily Telegraph claims that model slash actress Megan Gale is actually the favorite for the role. "Certainly Gale has been spotted paying visits to Fox Studios in recent weeks, which is where the George Miller-directed film will be shot."

She has "the look". Kinda.

i'm just not really a fan of actress/models. Especially not in lead roles like that.

I think she does more than anyone else. I think she could pull it off better than anyone else.

She was also that superhot cheerleader in Death Proof.

I think she does more than anyone else. I think she could pull it off better than anyone else.

She was also that superhot cheerleader in Death Proof.

Crap. I was actually reffering to the Megan Gale suggestion.

Winstead might have some acting skills---but not enough presence for a major role like this. At this point they might as well just cast Megan Fox.

I am kidding...Hollywood please do not cast Megan Fox as Wonder Woman. Or I will travel overseas and bring back the black plague to release upon your shiny streets.

Who would be the villain in this film, considering WW's rogues gallery is some what sad.

Who would be the villain in this film, considering WW's rogues gallery is some what sad.

That's actually pretty simple. While she doesn't have much of a rogues gallery---the universe and mythology that she hails from is rich with potential villains.

My pitch is that Ares is growing tired of "peace talks within the nations" and starts plotting for a giant WWIII-like battle.

The Amazonian Queen sees that man's world is on the verge of destruction and in dire need of saving and sends her daughter Diana to help save it. She stops the nations from going to war and then finds out that it was Ares who orchestrated the whole thing and Wonder Woman has a big heavy battle with Ares (who cannot die---but is bested in battle).

I'm sure I could pound out a few more details if I had time.

That's actually pretty simple. While she doesn't have much of a rogues gallery---the universe and mythology that she hails from is rich with potential villains.

My pitch is that Ares is growing tired of "peace talks within the nations" and starts plotting for a giant WWIII-like battle.

The Amazonian Queen sees that man's world is on the verge of destruction and in dire need of saving and sends her daughter Diana to help save it. She stops the nations from going to war and then finds out that it was Ares who orchestrated the whole thing and Wonder Woman has a big heavy battle with Ares (who cannot die---but is bested in battle).

I'm sure I could pound out a few more details if I had time.

That's a good idea

Latest posts

Back