World War Hulk discussion

Dancanread

Um...yeah. I can't believe I'm the first to actually start one. Maybe everyone's burnt out on big events? Or something else, that i'll get to in a minute.

Anyway, no arguing about the social ramifications of a super hero law here. This hits the ground running within the first few pages as he lands on the moon to take out Black Bolt, and the action keeps up relatively non-stop from there. Actual Hulk smashing. Kind of refreshing and surprisingly emotional stuff amid all the dust and debris.

4/5

But i wonder if the timing of the revelation of the whole you-know-what in New Avengers is prudent, because it seems to diffuse this a little. Part of me is already going, hmmm. Is he? Is she? And looking ahead. Know what i mean?

Yeah having a page that reveals the next big event in a comic before an actual big event starts feels really stupid. I remember having hype here for WWH buts its definitely died out. This is what happens when you go too far with big events

I want to know in how many comics Tony Stark appeared this week. Seriously.
Having said that I'm loving WWH. I really liked Planet Hulk and what it did to the Green Scar. Seeing him beating the crap out of everyone that destroyed his life was gratificating. Too bad he didnt kill Stark.
I can't enjoy the art that much. At least it's better than Silent War.

3.5/5 - It would be a 4.5 if not for the art.

This is far worse than Civil War.

Nothing about the story is revealed.It really screws the continuity.The only thing that is good about this serie is the art of Romita Jr.

in 1 panel we see tony stark saying that he is forgiving all unregistered heroes.In the next panel spidey and she-hulk are working together under his order.And on the 3rd one whole New Avengers team are taking orders from Stark.When did she-hulk get her powers back...

I really really really hate the story so far.Buuut the art is awesomely awesome except of the Hulk-buster armor of Romita Jr. (but that can surely be forgiven after thinking about the other problems)

Well, after buying and reading the first issue, here's my verdict;

If you happen to be in the comicbook store, doing something else, and this book happens to be open on the shelf, it wouldn't kill you to read it.

Well, after buying and reading the first issue, here's my verdict;

If you happen to be in the comicbook store, doing something else, and this book happens to be open on the shelf, it wouldn't kill you to read it.

but it's pretty bad. Hulk being where he is right now is like if DC decided to make Batman into the king of the centaurs. So far, it seems like an excuse to have a bunch of fanboy Hulk vs. hero fights. I'm just not interested in the Hulk as an alien emperor. Maybe when all is said and done, we can revive the Bruce Banner: Fugitive angle of the book.

My point, Zombipanda, is that it's just kind of a fun read. The Hulk fights people. It's not really worth your money, but it is kind of cool to see the Hulk beat the **** out of BlackBolt.

I really do think it's the perfect follow-up to Civil War. This is Tony Stark and the Intitiative's trial by fire.

Last edited:
but it's pretty bad. Hulk being where he is right now is like if DC decided to make Batman into the king of the centaurs. So far, it seems like an excuse to have a bunch of fanboy Hulk vs. hero fights. I'm just not interested in the Hulk as an alien emperor. Maybe when all is said and done, we can revive the Bruce Banner: Fugitive angle of the book.

While I agree that this is an excuse for fanboy fights, I also think that the fugitive angle has been played out long enough (in the big scheme of things). The Hulk is done with running, fighting the ones who tried to get rid of him is the natural progression for the character.

While I agree that this is an excuse for fanboy fights, I also think that the fugitive angle has been played out long enough (in the big scheme of things). The Hulk is done with running, fighting the ones who tried to get rid of him is the natural progression for the character.

I don't know. I feel like the fugitive angle is pretty integral for the character, if I'm really going to enjoy it. I don't think the fugitive angle is ever worn out, as long as his enemy evolves with his growth. Hulk on the run internationally,with the Illuminati hounding him and an international terrorist bounty on his head.

Wade_Wilson said:
My point, Zombipanda, is that it's just kind of a fun read. The Hulk fights people. It's not really worth your money, but it is kind of cool to see the Hulk beat the **** out of BlackBolt.

And I'd enjoy the hell out of it. But the fights here are boring and predictable. We didn't even see the Blackbolt fight.

Last edited:
I don't know. I feel like the fugitive angle is pretty integral for the character, if I'm really going to enjoy it. I don't think the fugitive angle is ever worn out, as long as his enemy evolves with his growth. Hulk on the run internationally,with the Illuminati hounding him and an international terrorist bounty on his head.

That actually seems like the most plausible way to end this event.

So the 2nd issue was good.

I like how angry the Hulk is.

Him just straight up attacking She-Hulk and his throw down with the Fantastic Four was brilliant.

And a nice cameo from Rick Jones and General Ross.

Plus the Hulk - X-men tie-in owns. The huge throwdown with all the X-men is the best.

World War Hulk Frontlines... the robot thing... I can't believe they're actually going there. That's so bad.

For those not in the know, "there" is
the instructions given to a robot make a paradox so it blows itself up.

Hulk is irrational rage personified and has almost always been irrational rage personified. At some points in the past and arguably right now, his logical side has been in control. Guess what? He's always relapsed into crazy smashing again. Rather than pointing to those times as evidence that he shouldn't have been shot into space, they're absolute proof that that was the right thing to do.

People have actually argued that the Hulk wouldn't smash things if people would just leave him alone. I can't believe anyone can make that argument with a straight face. Sometimes he would go to big, lonely places like the desert. Guess what? Everyone left him alone! Guess what happened next? He moves so quickly that he goes into a populated region. As soon as he hears a loud noise, he flips out and concludes everyone's against him and starts destroying everything. As soon as there's any fighting, he concludes that soldiers have come to kill him again and he attacks everything in sight.

I also can't believe that he marched into New York and concludes that because he gave a few day's warning, if anybody else gets hurt it's their fault. I mean, it's not like New York is the economic hub of America and there's been previous evidence that Uncle Sam can't evacuate for crap. It's also not like there's an uninhabited island out in the middle of nowhere that all the heroes know about, perhaps one with strange beings for the gladitorial ring you've set up, you know, some kind of monster island. And even if there was, it's not like all the Illuminati members could transport themselves there in an hour with magic or a helicarrier or their built-in jetpack or anything.

In conclusion, **** you Hulk. And **** you, Illuminati, for thinking you have the right to make major decisions for everyone else on the planet because you're so ******* special.

Last edited:
I've been following it....but not buying it.

It's actually quite lackluster. I was easily fooled by that preview of Hulk Vs. Black Bolt on the moon. I read that and I was like :shock:. But now it's just plain boring.

Latest posts

Back