Worldstorm Discussion (Spoilers)

Can someone clear up the continuity..as far as I can tell in Authority, they've entered what's supposed to be our universe (with the authority tpbs in shops) then at the end of issue 2 Midnighter goes off for his solo arc in this same world.
Then I'm assuming they get back in the unreleased issues of authority for midnighter/grifter where authority and Grifter are back in the wildstorm universe...Is that right?

I don't know where Authoirty fits in with continuity, how can anyone so far?, but Grifter isn't leaving to go into his own series in issue 2. We'll find out if the regular WS Authority appearances are before or after this arc when issue 4 comes out, I guess.

Midnighter #7 was pretty ****ing neato.

Anyone getting Deathblow? It's pretty entertaining. Talking dogs, Fifty-two year old kids and lots of blood. The art is beautiful and the writting is awesome, I didn't read Deathblow before, but with the relaunch I'm just waiting for the TPB to get it from the UCstore.

Howdy. Apparently I'm very late when it comes to this particular topic but I'm also new to the boards so whatever. I have been picking up several of the Wildstorm books.

Wildcats seemed like it would have some long term potential if the dang book would just come out.

I didn't like Authority #1 or Midnighter #1-2.

I picked up the first issue of Stormwatch PHD hoping it'd be a return to the old school team but it wasn't. Then a few issues later they did return but I did not.

Wetworks started off terribly but by the end of the second arc it seemed like it had an interesting idea to work with (a buttload of uber-vamps excaping to Earth to cause hella trouble) but then Carey left the book and then the new writer just dropped the plot line and it has continued to just be dull.

I've been reading and enjoying (somewhat anyway) Deathblow and Gen-13.

Never bothered with Welcome To Tranquility, not for any reason, I just never picked it up.

I dunno how any of those books really stack up against other stuff but it doesn't matter. Gen-13 has been a fun read and Brian Azzarello is a good writer so I'm sure he has some interesting stuff planned for Deathblow (I hope).

I'm sure the whole line will be cancelled before too long anyway so I won't have to pick them up for much longer. haha.

Last edited:
Howdy. Apparently I'm very late when it comes to this particular topic but I'm also new to the boards so whatever. I have been picking up several of the Wildstorm books.

Wildcats seemed like it would have some long term potential if the dang book would just come out.

I didn't like Authority #1 or Midnighter #1-2.

I picked up the first issue of Stormwatch PHD hoping it'd be a return to the old school team but it wasn't. Then a few issues later they did return but I did not.

Wetworks started off terribly but by the end of the second arc it seemed like it had an interesting idea to work with (a buttload of uber-vamps excaping to Earth to cause hella trouble) but then Carey left the book and then the new writer just dropped the plot line and it has continued to just be dull.

I've been reading and enjoying (somewhat anyway) Deathblow and Gen-13.

Never bothered with Welcome To Tranquility, not for any reason, I just never picked it up.

I dunno how any of those books really stack up against other stuff but it doesn't matter. Gen-13 has been a fun read and Brian Azzarello is a good writer so I'm sure he has some interesting stuff planned for Deathblow (I hope).

I'm sure the whole line will be cancelled before too long anyway so I won't have to pick them up for much longer. haha.

Try Stormwatch again and pick up the Tranquility tade when it comes out. They're the best books in the relaunch man.

Yeah, I keep hearing so many good things about Stormwatch PHD. I was hoping originally that since they were relaunching (and even rebooting) those titles that maybe it would be a throw back to the original Stormwatch team. They didn't pop up right away so I dropped the book after 2 issues. Now the old characters are back and apparently I'm missing out on one of the better Worldstorm books.

Also, since most of these books never ship on time and some of them can't keep a creative team has Wildstorm dropped the whole Worldstorm plotline (if there ever was on to begin with) or what? Anybody?

Last edited:
Got the new Gen13 (11) today. Weird.

Anyone know what all of the Worldstorm related titles are out in trade so far? I know of Gen13 Volume 1 and Stormwatch PHD Volume 1. Any others? Or are any of the others even far enough along in the run to warrant trades yet?

I've just caught up on The Midnighter and this title has really gone downhill. If they're going to explain The Midnighter's origin they could at least make it interesting.

Finished the first arc of Welcome to Tranquility. Very good.

Is anyone still reading any Wildstorm? I read the 2 issues of AUthority prime, they seem so so.

I want to know if this Armaggedon wotsit is any good?

I miss WildC.A.T.s

I also need to catch up on midnighter and deathblow, i was enjoying those 2 although i didn't really understand deathblow.

I was reading Midnighter but stopped when Giffen started giving him an origin... and if you're going to give the world's greatest killing machine an origin, at least make it interesting.

I'll still read The Authority if it ever comes out.

Yeah - it's boring. I kept thinking "next issue will be the last part" but it's just going on and on and on.

But I have faith since The Midnighter is Wolverine + Batman.

My understanding was that Midnighter was grown in a lab, not a real person, so the whole thing smells fishy to me.

I think the exact same story could've made a great Grifter arc, though.

I think they've got the balance wrong with this universe. Maybe not wrong but askew.

We've got Deathblow and Midnighter both coming out pretty regularly, both well-trained army people being a little bit gritty and detective. We've got Stormwatch PHD, which while being pretty good, doesn't really focus on the stormwatch super group...more on the human group. Gen13 I don't really wanna read because it's about kids (I know it's probably quite good but I'm narrowminded like that) and Tranquility, which is kinda in it's own bubble away from the universe.

While the 2 pillar books, Authority and Wildcats..are on some sort of hiatus. The only book with super super heroes is the Authority/stormwatch prime mini. It's like there 3 big super teams in this universe...but the comics aren't telling us any stories about them. That's not necessarily bad, it works pretty well in the stormwatch book...but it's just a bit weird. Anyone know what I mean?

Though I think I need to catch up on the 'event' and it's nemesis spin off.

Latest posts

Back