• Bringing back the Sentry

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Ultimate Deadpool

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm going with the Sentry.

Jenkins produced a wonderful piece of work, that should have been left compleyely alone. The sentry has no place in 616... If you want superman, go read DC.

Although I do have to admit it was a hard choice, and several of you make convincing arguments for MJGoblin (which I almost wish was my username. If only I had joined 6 months later....)

The worst of Hawkeye wasn't his death.
It was his death, rebirth, death and another rebirth in almost the same series. NOW THAT'S STUPID.
But I voted for MJ Goblin....

I agree with the poster who said all of the above.

I hated MJ-Bigfoot-Goblin-Thing, I hated what he did with Xorn, I hated the Sentry and I hated the whole Hawkeye thing. However...

Deadpool is my favorite Character. And Bendis has written him in such a crappy way that he can never be fixed. Deadpool being an anti-mutant hunter guy...In 616 he spends all of his time trying to convince people that he's a member of the X-men for god's sake!

MJ by far. The Deadpool arc was okay except for the whole DP being anti mutant thing, but he can be saved. I remember someone saying they should have him suffer brain damage and become more like the DP we love. Bendis tried something and failed I dont blame him for that, but MJ becoming the wolf man is retarded no matter how you say it and he should have known much better than that. Basically there's no excuse, it was just retarded.

Last edited:
MJ Goblin is so far ahead of Ultimate Deadpool it's not even funny. I can see people not liking Ultimate Deadpool but how does it even compare to what happened with MJ?

I totally agree. A bad story is one thing, but to take an important character and totally ruin her...unforgivable.

Xorn was Marvel's fault. They used Claremont (like a scapegoat, per sey) to write the story. Claremont's fault for a bad story, but then again, if anyone wrote it, would it really have been good anyway to have screwed up Morrison's story?

If it wasn't then, it would have been sometime down the road for Magneto's return (<--In no way defending Marvel for this.).

Xorn was Marvel's fault. They used Claremont (like a scapegoat, per sey) to write the story. Claremont's fault for a bad story, but then again, if anyone wrote it, would it really have been good anyway to have screwed up Morrison's story?

If it wasn't then, it would have been sometime down the road for Magneto's return (<--In no way defending Marvel for this.).

I agree with everything you say.
But Xorn controlling the collective powers? that was stupid. For what I know they were just the powers, not the presonality. And wasn't Xorn dead BEFORE Wanda do the No mutant stuff? He was inside a coffin that Xavier brought to Genosha.
Making Xorn be a real person was bad. Making him the "leader" of the collective was just STUPID.

I agree with everything you say.
But Xorn controlling the collective powers? that was stupid. For what I know they were just the powers, not the presonality. And wasn't Xorn dead BEFORE Wanda do the No mutant stuff? He was inside a coffin that Xavier brought to Genosha.
Making Xorn be a real person was bad. Making him the "leader" of the collective was just STUPID.
Yeah, I didn't get that either.

But Xavier had said that the guy that was killed, his mutant power was to "come back to life". Wow, what a coincedence.

MJ Goblin is so far ahead of Ultimate Deadpool it's not even funny. I can see people not liking Ultimate Deadpool but how does it even compare to what happened with MJ?
It compares if Deadpool is one of your favorite characters and you really never cared for MJ. She's a good supporting character, but that's it. That said, MJgoblin was dumber, but Ultimate Deadpool felt like a slap in the face.
MJ by far. The Deadpool arc was okay except for the whole DP being anti mutant thing, but he can be saved. I remember someone saying they should have him suffer brain damage and become more like the DP we love. Bendis tried something and failed I dont blame him for that, but MJ becoming the wolf man is retarded no matter how you say it and he should have known much better than that. Basically there's no excuse, it was just retarded.
Brain damage could bring Deadpool back to the brainaddled idiot merc with a mouth we all love, but SHIELD could turn MJ back to normal at the end of this arc. Is one really better than the other? Neither should have ever happened.
I totally agree. A bad story is one thing, but to take an important character and totally ruin her...unforgivable.
Again if Deadpool is an important character to you...
MJ......and anyone who voted differently is mentally handicapped.
I stand by my decision. And don't call me retarded Doom because I'll throw down.

I don't want to because you'll kick my ***, but I will throw down.

Brain damage could bring Deadpool back to the brainaddled idiot merc with a mouth we all love, but SHIELD could turn MJ back to normal at the end of this arc. Is one really better than the other? Neither should have ever happened.

Well its a bit different, MJ is a character who is in Peter's normal life and is stickly a character driven... character. Like there should be no moments where they just forget that happened, what ever happens to characters like MJ need to be a part of their developement, and makes sense. Like its good they had MJ and Peter be shakened up after what happened on the bridge because that is a huge deal and something that would be hard for teenagers to get over. Basically its just stupid to either act like som eone like this never happened and its just looks like it'll turn out stupid if they allow to develope the character. It was just a stupid move with no good logical outcome. With a character like DP you could change something like that and it would be okay

Yeah, I didn't get that either.

But Xavier had said that the guy that was killed, his mutant power was to "come back to life". Wow, what a coincedence.

Actually, and on an interesting note, Morrison made Magneto suggest that during Planet X. He said something about coming back..."I always come back. Maybe that's my secondary mutation."

Right there - and I just realized this - Morrison gives Marvel the ammo they need to bring him back, because as Ice said, of COURSE he was going to come back. Morrison knew it too. And they still had to dumb it down with a retarded story and ruin a character.

What a cluster**** that was.

The worst of Hawkeye wasn't his death.
It was his death, rebirth, death and another rebirth in almost the same series. NOW THAT'S STUPID.

Yep - it wasn't the first death, which I wouldn't have been happy about anyway, but the whole alive-dead-alive-dead-alive thing, within about 6 months. The character actually had momentum going for a return, and it could have been handled so much better. (Even though I'd rather see characters STAY dead, even if they are my favorites.) At this point, it's all just a joke because of how badly it's been done.

I don't read USM, so the other choice weren't under consideration....

Just so this doesn't turn into a complete Bendis Bash session....I'm gonna put this out there----

I like Bendis. He's a great writer. I admit to liking a lot of his stories. I've noticed a lot of people jump on the bandwagon of hating Bendis just because it's popular. I'm not saying who---but you know who you are.......and it's weak sauce.

I too admit that I throw a couple barbs out at the man...but I also recogonize the incredible talent he is.

My personal gripe with Bendis (much like E and MWoF) is the fact that he's writing subpar stories when we all know he is capable of so much more. I read the first 3 volumes of his DD and I'm in the middle of his Alias. The is GREAT Bendis work. Next on the list is Powers. Even his early USM work was great......not DD or Alias great....but great enough to get me back into comics.

Many like to crack jokes on Bendis like he's "Carded" something up again. And in some instance that's true (I'm looking at you Goblin MJ :shifty: ).....but at the same time---how many of you who do crack those jokes have taken the time to read his DD or Alias work? You can't go off on someone like he's a hack and has no business writing comics without reading his other works.

That's just been something that's been bugging me for a bit and I'm just putting it out there.

Just so this doesn't turn into a complete Bendis Bash session....I'm gonna put this out there----

I like Bendis. He's a great writer. I admit to liking a lot of his stories. I've noticed a lot of people jump on the bandwagon of hating Bendis just because it's popular. I'm not saying who---but you know who you are.......and it's weak sauce.

I too admit that I throw a couple barbs out at the man...but I also recogonize the incredible talent he is.

My personal gripe with Bendis (much like E and MWoF) is the fact that he's writing subpar stories when we all know he is capable of so much more. I read the first 3 volumes of his DD and I'm in the middle of his Alias. The is GREAT Bendis work. Next on the list is Powers. Even his early USM work was great......not DD or Alias great....but great enough to get me back into comics.

Many like to crack jokes on Bendis like he's "Carded" something up again. And in some instance that's true (I'm looking at you Goblin MJ :shifty: ).....but at the same time---how many of you who do crack those jokes have taken the time to read his DD or Alias work? You can't go off on someone like he's a hack and has no business writing comics without reading his other works.

That's just been something that's been bugging me for a bit and I'm just putting it out there.

I agree. His DD run along with the first 40-ish issues of Ultimate Spider-Man are some of my favorite comics. But, recently, it's like he's in a really bad writer's slump and won't admit it. Or he's gotten really cocky.

Latest posts

Back