Writing Challenge

I'd shorten that to one week, so people don't lose interest.

I'd suggest a compromise of 10 days. That way it gives people plenty of time to do their chapter/segment.

As far as how long the story should span, epending on how many people are doing this, I'd say that each person should have no more than 2 entries pers story. That way, if there are 6 authors, then we should have a conclusion by Chap.12 (this would keep the story from dragging on and forcing authors to make sure that their story actually progresses the plot).

Pretty much use the first story as a trial run. That way we can scrub what we need to from the "lessons learned".

I'd suggest a compromise of 10 days. That way it gives people plenty of time to do their chapter/segment.

As far as how long the story should span, epending on how many people are doing this, I'd say that each person should have no more than 2 entries pers story. That way, if there are 6 authors, then we should have a conclusion by Chap.12 (this would keep the story from dragging on and forcing authors to make sure that their story actually progresses the plot).

Pretty much use the first story as a trial run. That way we can scrub what we need to from the "lessons learned".

Sounds good to me.

Is it too late to throw my name in? This sounds kinda fun. Never done it before.

Nope, Seldes can add you to the first post.

Sounds good to me, though I suggest for the first time out at least, we do one round per author, we seem to have lots of interest in this.

Volunteer Fire Detective has been added to the list.

I would also suggest just one round per author, since we have a possible total of 14 people interested in working on this, which even at one week each still means the story would take over three months to complete. Perhaps give each person one week, with a three-day grace period, before the next person is allowed to post?

Agreed; no point in dawdling. Is there anyone who wants the "coveted" positions of first or last on the list? Also, does anyone have preferences about being near the beginning or end of the list?

Otherwise, we can just toss a bunch of names in an order and get started.

I'd be game. I'd prefer somewhere in the middle, and I've actualy got free time anymore so I could do it. :D

And I will eave the characters in a strange and unforgiving situation. thats half the fun of these things.

Agreed; no point in dawdling. Is there anyone who wants the "coveted" positions of first or last on the list? Also, does anyone have preferences about being near the beginning or end of the list?

Otherwise, we can just toss a bunch of names in an order and get started.
I'd like to be near the end, but I don't need to write the last chapter.

Of course if no one else wants it I will. :D
I'll take first, to start it off with a bang.
Egomaniac.

Is it too late for me to join? :)

I don't care where you guys put me.

If anyone else has any preference in where they want to go on the order list, post in the next day or so. Otherwise, I'll have a list up some time Tuesday evening, and we can get this thing started.

Kick ***.

*begins to think of ideas*

Talking to Twi, she mentioned how she wants to go before the end of June. So put her near the beginning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back