X-Men: Apocalypse movie (2016)

Singer said he plans to have casts from both past and present again in this.

Weird, in the link you posted it was said:

In the article, Singer clarified that "Apocalypse" is "more of a 'First Class' sequel" rather than a direct follow-up to "Days of Future Past." The film will include the "First Class" cast -- Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy are specifically named -- but not the original "X-Men" from the first three films.

I'm ok with that.

Also, this was reassuring:

The director also dismissed rumors that Apocalypse will first appear in a post-credits "Days of Future Past" scene as an alien taking possession of Magneto. "People were concerned we were making Apocalypse an alien. It's odd," he told the magazine. "I don't know where that came from."

Weird, in the link you posted it was said:

I'm ok with that.
Yeah. Singer changing his mind a lot now.

Just like how Rogue might still appear in DOFP after all, even though Singer said otherwise before, things will go back and forth until the final cut.

Last edited:
I thought Apocalypse was supposed to take place in the First Class timeline.

Nightcrawler in new X-Men movie

Iv heard different things about nightcrawler being in X-Men days of future past. Some people are saying that he isn't, but some are also saying that he will be in it, since his parents will be in the movie. Does anyone know if he'll be in it?

Welcome Zules! In this thread is where you can look for answers regarding Nightcrawler in Apocalypse.

At the moment there is no character confirmed. Singer has said he wants to have a young NC in the movie.

I think treating the X-Men franchise as a series of period pieces is a really neat idea, and one that allows you to expand the franchise out with a wealth of characters and ideas. Instead of one single narrative you can have a legacy stretched over decades, introducing a wealth of characters, the possibility to tell a range of genres, and to build a shared setting history. But trying to tie it all back together with the original movies seems like a hot mess to me.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the logic. Hugh Jackman is their golden goose, but I'm kind of hoping DoFP sets up some variety of time paradox to write the original trilogy (and Wolverine: Origins) out of existence so they can move forward with a fresh start.

Last edited:
SINGER: "X-MEN: APOCALYPSE" IS "SOMEWHAT" BASED ON "AGE OF APOCALYPSE"

"[The movie] won't necessarily create an alternate universe, but there may be some swapping things that I'm playing with," Singer told EW, going on to state that "Days of Future Past" will influence, though perhaps not directly lead in to, "Apocalypse."

"You won't feel at the end of ['Days of Future Past'] that it set up 'Apocalypse.' What it does is it sets up possibilities. But what we'll discover in 'Apocalypse' is that events in this movie made that happen ... 'Apocalypse 'deals with ancient mutancy. What would humans have thought mutants were? What would mutants think humans were? You're dealing with gods and things like that. And what if one survived and what if that found its way into our world?"

Last edited:
We may see some of the original X-Men cast in Apocalypse after all...

I'd be down for that, though not sure how they'd approach it since it's supposedly set in the 1980's and Cyclops, Jean, Storm, etc would be noticeably younger looking at that period in time. Maybe they'll do another time travel thing (though that'd probably be an over use of that plot device after DoFP), or maybe just a cameo flash forward thing at the end showing Cyclops and Jean joining the school a few years before the events of the first X-Men.

I always did like Marsden as Cyclops and Janssen as Jean. Marsden wasn't properly given his due, and they screwed up the Phoenix thing. Perhaps it'll be a flash forward to the new altered timeline due to the events of DoFP, where they perhaps survived beyond the events of The Last Stand.

I always did like Marsden as Cyclops and Janssen as Jean. Marsden wasn't properly given his due, and they screwed up the Phoenix thing. Perhaps it'll be a flash forward to the new altered timeline due to the events of DoFP, where they perhaps survived beyond the events of The Last Stand.

Maybe as a result of the new timeline, we'll get a better done Dark Phoenix movie.

I can dream.

Latest posts

Back