X-Men: Apocalypse movie (2016)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
1468760_10152069988471469_502349168_n.png

*Fainting smiley herre*

Re: X-Men: Apocalypse movie? (2016)

I'm thinking he's messing with people. It'd be cool, but I'm taking this as him screwing with people... unless FOX are really desperate to keep the franchise alive... which is certainly believable.

An Apocalypse post credit scene would be a hell of a way to close out Days of Future Past, though.

He did already hint at working on another X-Men movie because there were characters he couldn't name that he wanted to use. This is a tease, obviously, but I think it's for real. At least I hope so.

Well, given that FOX is clearly interested in expanding the X and FF franchises like Marvel is doing with the Avengers, this wouldn't surprise me one bit.

And given that X-Force is on the table, and how much Remender's run focused on Apocalypse, I wonder if that might not tie in. Having Cable come back in time from the Age of Apocalypse would be an easy way to streamline that sordid tangle of character history, while also providing a motivation to the team and creating a multi-film arc to tie various sub-franchises together.

Well, given that FOX is clearly interested in expanding the X and FF franchises like Marvel is doing with the Avengers, this wouldn't surprise me one bit. And given that X-Force is on the table, and how much Remender's run focused on Apocalypse, I wonder if that might not tie in. Having Cable come back in time from the Age of Apocalypse would be an easy way to streamline that sordid tangle of character history, while also providing a motivation to the team and creating a multi-film arc to tie various sub-franchises together.

I wonder if Cable will be the film franchise's replacement for Jackman's Wolverine (since I doubt he'll do more beyond the potential Wolverine sequel.

Fan cast: Ron Perlman as Cable, complete with cigar and cantankerous scowl. I know Cable didn't smoke cigars, but cigars and big guns equal ultimate badass.

Come to think of it, what if this is the X-Force film, just being lumped into the X-Men title due to brand recognition? Could likely feature an all new (or mostly new cast...I can see the Iceman actor coming back because, let's be honest, it's not like he's doing anything else).

Ooooohhhhhh, Ice-Burn!

Last edited:

Will it be the first class people or original or both?

It's unknown. I'd imagine the First Class cast or an all new team of mutants (a la X-Force).

Ah was not sure if it could be another crossover. Like days of future past changes the future so the result is age of Apocalypse leading to both future + past working together to try and fully fix the timeline ........ OH! You need to do a branching Xmen movies timeline with all the alternate timelines!

Ah was not sure if it could be another crossover. Like days of future past changes the future so the result is age of Apocalypse leading to both future + past working together to try and fully fix the timeline ........ OH! You need to do a branching Xmen movies timeline with all the alternate timelines!

Nah, it'll all work out...maybe.

But this article talks about Simon Kinberg acting as the godfather of the X-Men/FF movie verse for Fox, much like Whedon's doing for Marvel and Goyer is doing for DC.

It was literally just announced a few hours ago and those two words and date is all that is known.

It was literally just announced a few hours ago and those two words and date is all that is known.

It's still fun to guess :p

Nice. Between this and Days of Future Past I'm actually excited in the X-Men movies again...something that hasn't happened since X2. And I bet Jackman is back as Wolverine for this. I don't see how Fox wouldn't ensure that, and he still seems to like the character. I haven't seen him express any interest in laying down his claws.

X-Men: Apocalypse To Be Direct Sequel To Days Of Future Past With Many Of The Same Cast, reports Bleeding Cool.

This verified info that I'd been receiving but hadn't quite confirmed as yet. It suggests that all of the attendant info was also correct.

So, as of now, here's how I believe it stands, based on intel from folk who'd been telling me an Apocalypse film would follow Days.

Days of Future Past will lead directly into Apocalypse. There's a clear narrative thread that will string the two pictures together, and the character of Apocalypse is a good part of how this will work.

Several cast members of Days of Future Past will be wanted back for Apocalypse, including members of both the "past" and "present" timelines.

Last edited:

That sounds like I was kinda right in prediction/guess Woo me!

Nice. Between this and Days of Future Past I'm actually excited in the X-Men movies again...something that hasn't happened since X2. And I bet Jackman is back as Wolverine for this. I don't see how Fox wouldn't ensure that, and he still seems to like the character. I haven't seen him express any interest in laying down his claws.

Actually:

www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=91085

Course that could just be a negotiating tactic to increase his pay. We'll see.

Jackman did confirm earlier this year that he was going to be done with Wolverine unless the scripts were truly amazing that he had to come back.

What's the most times an actor has played the same role in a series of movies? Not counting smaller parts like Q from the Bond series.

Latest posts

Back