X-Men: Apocalypse movie (2016)

It's rumored that Fox are seriously considering a complete reboot of the X-Men franchise after next year's X-Men - Apocalypse and 2017's The Wolverine 2.

I'd be ok with that. For one, hopefully they'll have learned from their own mistakes with the original series, as well as learn from the successes of Marvel of having a master plan and building toward it.

And two, perhaps in the next few years Marvel and Fox can mend fences and possibly work out a deal similar to the one worked out with Sony for Spidey, bringing the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU fold.

Avengers vs X-Men on the big screen? Yes please. Cap vs Cyclops. Jean Grey vs Scarlet Witch. Hulk vs Wolverine. Colossus vs Thor.

My God that'd be awesome. It's a possibility. Especially since it's likely plans and talks for this proposed reboot will be happening after The Wolverine 2's release in March, 2017, and Marvel and Sony's collaborative effort in the new Spider-Man film that July will hopefully break records (in terms of the Spidey film franchise), which may help melt some of the ice between the two studios and show that it's more profitable to work together and bring all these characters under one proverbial tent of continuity.

It's rumored that Fox are seriously considering a complete reboot of the X-Men franchise after next year's X-Men - Apocalypse and 2017's The Wolverine 2.

I'd be ok with that. For one, hopefully they'll have learned from their own mistakes with the original series, as well as learn from the successes of Marvel of having a master plan and building toward it.

And two, perhaps in the next few years Marvel and Fox can mend fences and possibly work out a deal similar to the one worked out with Sony for Spidey, bringing the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the MCU fold.

Avengers vs X-Men on the big screen? Yes please. Cap vs Cyclops. Jean Grey vs Scarlet Witch. Hulk vs Wolverine. Colossus vs Thor.

My God that'd be awesome. It's a possibility. Especially since it's likely plans and talks for this proposed reboot will be happening after The Wolverine 2's release in March, 2017, and Marvel and Sony's collaborative effort in the new Spider-Man film that July will hopefully break records (in terms of the Spidey film franchise), which may help melt some of the ice between the two studios and show that it's more profitable to work together and bring all these characters under one proverbial tent of continuity.

I may be in the minority, but I kind of prefer the X-Men being distinct from the rest of the Marvel Universe in the film. From what I've heard, Age of Ultron is kind of a mess. I think a lot of that is that Marvel is trying to service so many characters and story lines that it's just unmanageable at this point. I honestly don't know how well they would be able to incorporate the X-Men, and if they did, to what extent they could do that without it falling apart. If they could do it well, I'd be all for an Avengers v. X-Men movie.

I may be in the minority, but I kind of prefer the X-Men being distinct from the rest of the Marvel Universe in the film. From what I've heard, Age of Ultron is kind of a mess. I think a lot of that is that Marvel is trying to service so many characters and story lines that it's just unmanageable at this point. I honestly don't know how well they would be able to incorporate the X-Men, and if they did, to what extent they could do that without it falling apart. If they could do it well, I'd be all for an Avengers v. X-Men movie.

I can see both points of view. For some reason, I feel that it's way more important for the Fantastic Four to be part of the MCU. They kind of NEED to be in the MCU. The X-Men would be cool, but I'm not as bothered. I can't give a strong reason why, but the FF seem like they're more part of the essential DNA of the Marvel Universe, where as the X-Men have always been outsiders.

With that in mind, though. It would be cool to include the X-Men in the MCU, but keep the separate. Everything exists together, but it doesn't all need to cross over. Maybe it could build to an AVX movie (I use that title loosely) where the two teams are on opposite sides of an ideology and neither is necessarily right. But even if it didn't, that would be cool.

I think part of the reason that Age of Ultron is a mess (based on what I've heard, I haven't seen it yet), is that it's setting up for Civil War. Captain America shouldn't be the big movies that everything is leading to, the Avengers movies should be. The Avengers movies shouldn't set up for anything that comes next, they should be the culmination of what has come before, then the solo movies should pick up the threads leading to the next Avengers movie. Although, they should still tell their own stories and not just be sequel bait (like Iron Man 2 and to a lesser extent Thor).

Age of Ultron isn't a "mess", and anyone referring to it that way is leaning on the most exaggerated form of hyperbole.

Further, by doing a team X-Men reboot film that focuses on the team members both as individuals and as a team, and focusing on those character arcs and plot threads throughout the X-Men reboot films would allow them to do so without much problem. The teams don't need to be huge, either. 4-5 on each team is more than enough. Still allows for a decent amount of character interaction and development, while still doing a knock-down, drag out battle between the two.

First look at Jubilee and Jean Grey. Also, the movie will take place in 1983.

11151056_770010249764108_9071960460308010047_n.jpg

11188209_770012073097259_1007439390427495238_n.png

Age of Ultron isn't a "mess", and anyone referring to it that way is leaning on the most exaggerated form of hyperbole.

Have you seen it? I'm honestly curious. I will be seeing it regardless of what I've heard, but I have heard multiple reviewers complain that there is too much going on and that the story is a bit all over the place. I think it's a problem that can happen in a lot of films/tv shows. At some point after adding and adding characters, it just becomes too much and the story as a whole suffers. I'm just not sure that adding more and more elements into the Marvel cinematic universe is inherently a good thing.

Have you seen it? I'm honestly curious. I will be seeing it regardless of what I've heard, but I have heard multiple reviewers complain that there is too much going on and that the story is a bit all over the place. I think it's a problem that can happen in a lot of films/tv shows. At some point after adding and adding characters, it just becomes too much and the story as a whole suffers. I'm just not sure that adding more and more elements into the Marvel cinematic universe is inherently a good thing.

I have seen it. Twice. I'm seeing it a third time tonight. There is a lot going on, but everything is addressed (all plot threads are brought to a satisfying conclusion), and even with the large amount of characters, each gets adequate screen time and focus, and even the smaller parts like Vision get a few great and memorable moments.

I do agree that the film may have almost reached the point of buckling under too many characters, but it didn't. Spider-Man 3, it is not. And they seek to have realized that while making the film, as you'll see at the end.

I interpreted it to mean you thought I was bashing the movie for being too 80s, but I'm not complaining either. That's all.

Lol. I am a child of the 80's... despite the questionable fashion choices, music, etc, I still love just about everything 80's, including the classic Claremont X-Men run. I'm so down for this movie its hard to describe. ;)

Lol. I am a child of the 80's... despite the questionable fashion choices, music, etc, I still love just about everything 80's, including the classic Claremont X-Men run. I'm so down for this movie its hard to describe. ;)

I think it's safe to say the movie will be bodacious!

Latest posts

Back