X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

Pro Bot

Mistake:
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 8 (0:41:00 - 0:45:55)
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 9 (0:45:56 - :49:23)
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 10 (0:49:24 - 0:55:21)

March 28
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 18: "Confronting Victor" (1:09:54 - 1:12:53)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 19: "Preemptive Action" (1:12:54 - 1:16:1
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 20: "Played for A Fool" (1:16:19 - 1:21:1

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 21: "Animal Rage" (1:21:19 - 1:25:56)

selfishmisery

Mistake:
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 8 (0:41:00 - 0:45:55)
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 9 (0:45:56 - :49:23)
X-Men: Apocalypse Chapter 10 (0:49:24 - 0:55:21)

March 28
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 18: "Confronting Victor" (1:09:54 - 1:12:53)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 19: "Preemptive Action" (1:12:54 - 1:16:1
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 20: "Played for A Fool" (1:16:19 - 1:21:1

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Chapter 21: "Animal Rage" (1:21:19 - 1:25:56)
I'll fix it. I'm in the process of merging and fixing the timelines + labeling them.

selfishmisery

Okay, the XCU timeline is up to date. Let me know if any changes need to be made.

Also, gave The Gifted an "Unknown Timeline" label since many are undecided on where it should belong..

Pro Bot

????
The Gifted 1x08, "threat of eXtinction" (0:01:18 - 0:41:28) [Unknown Timeline]
The Gifted 1x09, "outfoX" (0:03:15 - 0:43:17) [Unknown Timeline]
The Gifted 1x09, "outfoX" (0:43:56 - 0:45:13) [Unknown Timeline]
The Gifted 1x10, "eXploited" (0:03:55 - 0:43:19) [Unknown Timeline]
The Gifted 1x11, "3 X 1" (0:03:03 - 0:42:32) [Unknown Timeline]

I had this as April.

Pro Bot

If you saw my post in the MAU timeline thread, look at this way:

2023 (DoFP) --------------> 1973

1973 breaks off from that and everything BUT that year is susceptible to change. Everything after AND prior to 1973 in this new branch is not the same since a new history was formed by Kitty sending Logan to that year. A new branch, a new history.
Eh, I disagree, but to each his own.

Pro Bot

You're right that it's a different universe, but that's how the Marvel Multiverse works.

Each act of time travel creates a new reality that spins out of the point of divergence. It doesn't create a whole new history.
Jean is around 9 or 10 in The Last Stand's opening scene in the mid-80s. She's in her mid-teens in Apocalypse which was early 80s.

She was born in 1973 in one reality, and born the late 60s in another.
A small error, in my opinion. Simply a retcon into a 19 year old. The only problem is one that all the new films have, and people don't question whether Dark Phoenix is in the same timeline as X-Men: First Class.

Look at how Days of Future Past is presented. Wolverine woke up in his past self, not a similar world of another version of him. I don't recall Marvel universes working like that episode in Smallville where Clark swaps places with his Earth-2 (heh) doubleganger.

When Shadowcat sends someone back in any circumstance, do they now exist in another alternative universe that also happens to have the same Sentinel apocalypse?

What about the events of X-Men: First Class? Are you assuming that film is in both histories?

Why does Earth-10005 get erase if Earth-TRN414 (Temporal Reality Number) isn't an alternative timeline that replaced it?

selfishmisery

You're right that it's a different universe, but that's how the Marvel Multiverse works.

Each act of time travel creates a new reality that spins out of the point of divergence. It doesn't create a whole new history.

A small error, in my opinion. Simply a retcon into a 19 year old. The only problem is one that all the new films have, and people don't question whether Dark Phoenix is in the same timeline as X-Men: First Class.

Look at how Days of Future Past is presented. Wolverine woke up in his past self, not a similar world of another version of him. I don't recall Marvel universes working like that episode in Smallville where Clark swaps places with his Earth-2 (heh) doubleganger.

When Shadowcat sends someone back in any circumstance, do they now exist in another alternative universe that also happens to have the same Sentinel apocalypse?

What about the events of X-Men: First Class? Are you assuming that film is in both histories?

Why does Earth-10005 get erase if Earth-TRN414 (Temporal Reality Number) isn't an alternative timeline that replaced it?
Read my comment in the MAU Timeline thread. I've thrown that idea out for the most part.

I'm just rambling/overthinking for whatever reason. o_O

Pro Bot

Read my comment in the MAU Timeline thread. I've thrown that idea out for the most part.

I'm just rambling/overthinking for whatever reason. o_O
That's fine. I enjoy discussions about continuity errors. I enjoy trying to fix them too, so the X-Men franchise is a gold mine for annoying errors. I just disagreed with you on your interpretation on the time travel regarding the X-Men universe(s). I think it works decently for the Marvel Animated Universes, old and current.

selfishmisery

That's fine. I enjoy discussions about continuity errors. I enjoy trying to fix them too, so the X-Men franchise is a gold mine for annoying errors. I just disagreed with you on your interpretation on the time travel regarding the X-Men universe(s). I think it works decently for the Marvel Animated Universes, old and current.
I guess what I was saying with that was that Earth-8096, Earth-12041 and Earth-17628 all referenced each other in some way. Maybe all or most of the major events from those three happened but occurred in different ways that make them incompatible with each other.

But don't look at it as one uniform continuity.

Pro Bot

Professor X is referenced.
"Yeah, it’s there – they talk about Professor X and those things, but it doesn’t have cameos from anyone or anything like that."
I wonder if Magik will refer to Colossus in the film.

Latest posts