X-Men Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Revised & Original)

Ok, I am confused. Let see if I am getting this right: First class (and a prequel comic or whatever), origins, the first 3 xmen movies, Wolverine and the begining of Days of the future past happen and then the time travel creates the universe of days of the future past and the movie sequels until dark Phoenix, where no one ages for some reason, and then deadpool 1 happens and then the time travel in deadpool 2 creates another 3rd reality where vanessa is alive. Does new mutants happen in the 2nd or 3rd timelines? And Logan? And the 2023 from the ending of days of the future past?

Ok, I am confused. Let see if I am getting this right: First class (and a prequel comic or whatever), origins, the first 3 xmen movies, Wolverine and the begining of Days of the future past happen and then the time travel creates the universe of days of the future past and the movie sequels until dark Phoenix, where no one ages for some reason, and then deadpool 1 happens and then the time travel in deadpool 2 creates another 3rd reality where vanessa is alive. Does new mutants happen in the 2nd or 3rd timelines? And Logan? And the 2023 from the ending of days of the future past?
Earth-10005 (Original Timeline)
1962 - X-Men: First Class
1979 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2002 - X-Men
2002 - X2: X-Men United
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2013 - The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
2023 - X-Men: Days of Future Past (DoFP timeline)

Earth-66250 (Cable's Timeline)
1973 - X-Men: Days of Future Past
1983 - X-Men: Apocalypse
1992 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Pre-Cable scenes)
2068 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Cable's future)

Earth-41633 (Deadpool 2 Timeline)
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Ends with time travel)

Earth-17315 (Venessa Lives/Logan Timeline)
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Venessa saved)
2018 - The New Mutants
2023 - X-Men: Days of Future Past (Epilogue)
2029 - Logan

Earth-18315 (Deadpool kills Weapon XI Timeline)
1979 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (prior to Weapon XI's entrance)
1979 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Weapon XI scene)

Earth-17040 (Legion Timeline)
1994 - Legion S1
1995 - Legion S2
1997 - Legion S3, ep 1-6

Earth-19264 (Legion Reset Timeline)
1964 - Legion S3, ep 7-8

Earth-17372 (The Gifted Timeline)
2017 - The Gifted S1
2017 - The Gifted S2, ep 1-13
2018 - The Gifted S2, ep 14-16

Last edited:
Earth-10005 (Original Timeline)
1979 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine
2002 - X-Men
2002 - X2: X-Men United
2006 - X-Men: The Last Stand
2013 - The Wolverine: Unleashed Extended Edition
2023 - X-Men: Days of Future Past (DoFP timeline)

Earth-66250 (Cable's Timeline)
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Pre-Cable scenes)
2068 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Cable's future)

Earth-41633 (Deadpool 2 Timeline)
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Ends with time travel)

Earth-17315 (Venessa Lives/Logan Timeline)
2016 - Deadpool
2018 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Venessa saved)
2018 - The New Mutants
2023 - X-Men: Days of Future Past (Epilogue)
2029 - Logan

Earth-18315 (Deadpool kills Weapon XI Timeline)
1979 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (prior to Weapon XI's entrance)
1979 - Deadpool 2: Super Duper $@%!#& Cut (Weapon XI scene)

Earth-17040 (Legion Timeline)
1994 - Legion S1
1995 - Legion S2
1997 - Legion S3, ep 1-6

Earth-19264 (Legion Reset Timeline)
1964 - Legion S3, ep 7-8

Earth-17372 (The Gifted Timeline)
2017 - The Gifted S1
2017 - The Gifted S2, ep 1-13
2018 - The Gifted S2, ep 14-16
Thanks Then If the epilogue of DoFP is only in the Earth-17315 timeline then the version of the events that we see is the timeline "after" the changes in the timeline in deadpool 2? Also, the videogame of X Men the Official Game is contradicted by some other information or is it still considered canon?

Thanks Then If the epilogue of DoFP is only in the Earth-17315 timeline then the version of the events that we see is the timeline "after" the changes in the timeline in deadpool 2? Also, the videogame of X Men the Official Game is contradicted by some other information or is it still considered canon?
I personally believe that X-Men: The Official Game can still fit into canon as long as you accept that there are two versions of the Silver Samurai.

I personally believe that X-Men: The Official Game can still fit into canon as long as you accept that there are two versions of the Silver Samurai.
Frankly, it contradicts the official canon as much as the movies contradict each other so it might as well be

actually, if we are going by official listings, shouldn't Logan be separate as well? the marvel wiki gives it a separate reality number
Keep in mind, that wiki also considers the post-DoFP films (besides Logan) as a separate "unofficial temporary reality number" (Earth-TRN414) DESPITE New Mutants being the connective tissue.

Saw someone pointed that out to them at one point and they literally said that "wasn't sufficient evidence". lmao

actually, if we are going by official listings, shouldn't Logan be separate as well? the marvel wiki gives it a separate reality number
We don't go off the Marvel wiki. They placed The New Mutants in a standalone universe at one point, and THEN changed it to be in the Revised Timeline seperate from Logan when it released. They still list Helstrom as a standalone universe.

Both the films themselves and official statements place Logan in the X-Men movie canon. The Marvel Appendix simply states that Logan takes place in Earth-17315, which doesn't really say it isn't part of the Revised Timeline, because if Logan is the Revised Timeline then the Revised Timeline is Earth-17315.

I personally think Deadpool 3 will start in the X-Men continuity. Playing Wolverine "one more time" implies that he won't be playing the MCU Wolverine.

So many actors returning to an old comic book role in quick succession. Brandon Routh, Tom Welling, Michael Keaton, Ben Affleck and Keanu Reeves from DC, and Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman for Marvel. I shouldn't be shocked anymore but I am.

2024 - One year after Days of Future Past for Logan. I wonder if they'll force Hugh to wear the yellow suit this time. It would certainly make sense. In Logan, there were X-Men comic books with the classic outfits similar to what we see in Deadpool. Probably won't, but I'd love to see the Mr. Sinister teases resolved.

Not to mention how it'll probably tie into the ongoing storyline in the MCU with Kang's shenanigans and the following Secret Wars.

2024 - One year after Days of Future Past for Logan. I wonder if they'll force Hugh to wear the yellow suit this time. It would certainly make sense. In Logan, there were X-Men comic books with the classic outfits similar to what we see in Deadpool. Probably won't, but I'd love to see the Mr. Sinister teases resolved.

Not to mention how it'll probably tie into the ongoing storyline in the MCU with Kang's shenani
I'm expecting references to the convoluted nature of the Fox movies and their timelines.

I'm expecting references to the convoluted nature of the Fox movies and their timelines.
They've already done that, and it was funny the first time, but I personally would rather they didn't. Apparently a recast for a younger Xavier is super confusing. To be honest with you, I think people exaggerate how complicated it is. I get why people think that though. It released out of order with two prequels and a time travel movie, and there's plenty of discrepancies for fans to notice.

Days of Future Past is fairly easy to follow if you have an understanding of the order of things. I blame the people who called the X-Men: Beginnings movies prequels. The amount of times I've heard but Mystique was alive in the first movie... :p

There is, of course, more complicated things but nothing the average person would think about, like Deadpool's age and the multiple Wade Wilsons.

Last edited:
They've already done that, and it was funny the first time, but I personally would rather they didn't. Apparently a recast for a younger Xavier is super confusing. To be honest with you, I think people exaggerate how complicated it is. I get why people think that though. It released out of order with two prequels and a time travel movie, and there's plenty of discrepancies for fans to notice.

Days of Future Past is fairly easy to follow if you have an understanding of the order of things. I blame the people who called the X-Men: Beginnings movies prequels. The amount of times I've heard but Mystique was alive in the first movie... :p

There is, of course, more complicated things but nothing the average person would think about, like Deadpool's age and the multiple Wade Wilsons.
I don't think the order of the movies is difficult to follow if someone explains it to you, the number of minor continuity mistakes is what makes it so convoluted

It is like if the X-Men universe were 4 or 5 different universes that Fox insisted were the same continuity:
-The original trilogy
-The prequels
-The Deadpool movies
-The New Mutants
-And every Wolverine movie is part of a diferent chunk of the universe: the Origins is a similar but not exactly indentical universe of the original trilogy, the Wolverine is a original trilogy movie and the Logan movie is a New Mutants universe
And yes, I know that technically, the original and prequel movies are diferent universes, but they present continuity discrepancies that are not explanable with time travel, like Storm, Jean and Cyclops been born at diferent times and Apocalypse arriving without explanation of why he didn't arrive in the other timeline.

I thought about this:
Time travel successful
1973/2023: X-Men Days of Future Past (Rouge Cut)

Gone bad
1964: Wade Wilson Jr is born
1973: X-Men Days of Future Past Teatratichal Cut
1979: X-Men Origins Wolverine (revised timeline version)
1983: X-Men Apocalypse
1990: Deadpool
2018: The new mutants
2029: Logan
2068: The future of Cable

Cabel's time travel
1991: Deadpool 2 Super Duper Cut
1991: Deadpool 3?
1992: X-Men Dark Phoenix
2024: Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness

Last edited:

Latest posts