X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

Ultimate Houde said:
I'm not disagreeing with you on that point. Which is why I'm enjoying stories by Vertigo and Wildstorm, since those actually end.

Yeah. I just feel like it's a ripoff because basically they are making the reader pay $18+ for an advertisement for a book (in this case, Uncanny X-Men).

End the story with the last issue. If you want to revisit concepts and ideas from the story later in another book, OK. But at least give me resolution on the one I've committed to buying and reading.

I had the same kind of problem with House of M, although to a much lesser extent.

I don't know, to me, the story for DEADLY GENESIS, did end, and a new story is forming in Uncanny from this.

The last issue was great. Especially to see that Scott kicked out Xavier out of his own home. Whoa.

Whole mini: 5/5.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Am I the only one who thinks Scott kicking Charles Xavier out of character?
Not really. After finding out what Xavier really did to him, I don't see it as out of character. Shocking, yes. But it's his personality to act like that.

J. Agamemnon said:
Well, after getting the other five, is it worth getting?
My opinion is yes. It's still worth it, to me, there is an ending to what happens in this mini, and it's just great overall.

This was a great story and a great mini. This story told you about a mystery and conspricacy that had been hidden for decades about xavier. I thought it was cool that Brubaker was willing to tell a story in a mini that so severely altered the characters. When compared to the 198, this mini revealed a lot about the characters and the history of the x-men. The last issue also introduced darwin as a new character on the x-men. I'm excited to see what Darwin can do now that he might be past an omega level mutant.

You have to look at the story of a mini differently than an arc to an on going. A good mini should only either wrap up an existing story, develop back story, or introduce a new story/character. If a mini tries to do everything, it runs into the problem of not having enough depth and altogether pointless.

Deadly Genesis developed a new character. That was it's main objective. Even if you don't continue with Uncanny X-Men, you've read about Vulcan's origins. It only becomes worthless if Brubaker kills off Vulcan after a few months of uncanny. This is pretty unlikely because this is Brubaker's own character, so he probably wants exploit him as long as possible.

I really enjoyed the ending to this series...

The biggest development and addition to the X-Men is the inclusion of Darwin into the X-Canon... there is just SO much one could do with that character.

Also, I thought Scott's assholishness was totally in character, and fit the situation. Sure, it sucks for the Professor, but the Prof. ****ed up majorly with this one, brushed it aside, and hoped no one would notice.

I really do hope they address at some point Mr. Sinister's being aware of Vulcan, as hinted at way back when...

and anyways, Darwin, the Evolutionary Man, would be utterly fascinating to Sinister, methinks.

So am i missing something? are Warpath and 3rd Summers Brother 2 diff people, if so.... who is warpath, and where he come from (198 series if so i haven't read that yet)

Warpath is the younger brother of Thunderbird, the first X-Men to die in the line of duty.

He was on Cable's X-Force for a long time.

can anyone explain to me where the ray of energery came from ?

also why did he wake up from his sleep now ?

also when is the series going to continue ?

Gadzookie said:
can anyone explain to me where the ray of energery came from ?

also why did he wake up from his sleep now ?

also when is the series going to continue ?

It was the mutant energy after the House Of M.

Cause of the ray of Energy????

I heard its continuing in one of the X-men titles (a 12 parter in space???)

The series is over. It was only a 6 issue mini.

What hapened here, the ramafications will be dealt with in next month's Uncanny X-Men.

Shihad said:
It was the mutant energy after the House Of M.

Cause of the ray of Energy????

I heard its continuing in one of the X-men titles (a 12 parter in space???)

thank you Shihad i just recently got into comics im 25 and alot of things im kinda lost lol

also who is racheal ? and where is jean ?

also i think this series continues in uncanny xmen in july

Last edited:
Gadzookie said:
also who is racheal ? and where is jean ?
Oh boy...

Let's hope you can understand this. If not, you can start a thread and whatever can be explained, will be. In fact, I encourage you do that, in this forum.

Rachael is the daughter of Jean Grey-Summers and Scott Summers from an alternate timeline in the future. Jean Grey is dead (for like, the billionth time) and will remain dead for as long as she can.

Gadzookie said:
also i think this series continues in uncanny xmen in july
Yeah I just...I just said that.

So at the end
darwin was kinda showing life...... do u think hes going to join a team any time soon????

Shihad said:
So at the end
darwin was kinda showing life...... do u think hes going to join a team any time soon????

This is a spoiler thread.

I would say he's definitely going to join the team, especially since Brubaker said that there was another X-Member on his team that he couldn't announce until his miniseries was over.

I just finally got my Deadly Genesis trade.

Oh it was so much good. Even though I knew all the spoilers it was still amazing.

I love the original from Brubaker with the old team no one knew about.

I want to see more Darwin and Vulcan.

Latest posts

Back