X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

just to note. i live in wales and im sure they were trying to show that xavier was drinking in a typical welsh pub out in the sticks (due to the appearance of the place) but i dont know any "welsh" peepl who use "aye"

Last edited:
E said:
The big event here was (dun dun dun DUN!) the return of Charles Xavier, who is 1) walking and 2) not a mutant anymore (or at least is no longer a telepath). It was not explained where he has been.
He was in Wales, Great Britain and his own words was "Because I can't use telepathy... I'm not a mutant anymore." so take it as you want.

JonnyFreeze said:
just to note. i live in wales and im sure they were trying to show that xavier was drinking in a typical welsh pub out in the sticks (due to the appearance of the place) and i dont know any "welsh" peepl who use "aye"
It WAS Wales. It said so in the upper left corner on the page that showed the pub.

thats not the point im trying to make. im trying to point out that they dont know much about the welsh. or otherwise the writer went into extreme depth and thought "oooh and english owned welsh pub"

in fact i wouldnt be surprised if they decided to lynch charles just for talking english really. the weather was spot-on though

Last edited by a moderator:
JonnyFreeze said:
thats not the point im trying to make. im trying to point out that they dont know much about the welsh. or otherwise the writer went into extreme depth and thought "oooh and english owned welsh pub"
Oh, OK. I didn't read your first post carefully enough. Sorry.

How gay is this? Professor X is powerless, and a pedestrian? BOOOOO! Still this was a decent read. A guy at the shop said Magneto is powerless too. Is that true? I don't know guys...

I'm very disappointed in 616 at this point. BOOOOOO!

JonnyFreeze said:
just to note. i live in wales and im sure they were trying to show that xavier was drinking in a typical welsh pub out in the sticks (due to the appearance of the place) but i dont know any "welsh" peepl who use "aye"
Maybe you do and just dont notice? But really how is every writer going to know the dialect of every location, just be glad they attempt it at all or else you'll be complain that the Welsh are written like they were americans. The truth is there will always be something to complain about.

im not complainin, i was just noting it. i dont give a crap about wales.

Synch said:
How gay is this? Professor X is powerless, and a pedestrian? BOOOOO! Still this was a decent read. A guy at the shop said Magneto is powerless too. Is that true? I don't know guys...

I'm very disappointed in 616 at this point. BOOOOOO!

Mmm. Boo is making a comeback. :D

BOOOOOO!

you can all boo yourself in the ***...this was freaking awesome. we now know what ole chuck has been up to...vulcan is a bad A, but he's a loose cannon and will be ealt with...freaking charles...you bastard

E said:
#5 out last week - I can't believe no X-Nerds posted about it. :p
I didn't go to the comic shop last week.

E said:
The big event here was (dun dun dun DUN!) the return of Charles Xavier, who is 1) walking and 2) not a mutant anymore (or at least is no longer a telepath). It was not explained where he has been.
1) That was a shocker. Didn't see him being able to walk, though I figured it was him at the bar right away.

2) Unfortunately, when I read the list of some of the mutants who were depowered in Wizard, his name was on it. And no, it's not Wizard's fault because Marvel gave them the list.

E said:
Thoughts?
Great issue overall. Hairsine is doing a sweet job on the art, though just wish he drew Beast a bit wider as he's been drawn everywhere else.

4/5

I thought the issue was a good continuation of the series. I pegged Xavier as being a human pretty earily on when they said he would finally appear in Deadly Genesis. I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of those minis that leaves all the big questions to be answered in the last issue. I'm going to be pissed if it's one of those minis that spends the whole time asking questions that go unanswered. Brubaker is going to Uncanny X-Men and is planning on using Vulcan there. So, he might be setting up X-Men: Deadly Genesis as the staging ground and use Uncanny X-Men as the arena where Vulcan's mysteries are exposed. I'm expecting #6 to fillin the story of how Vulcan was abandoned on Krakoa and came about gaining his teammates powers. Anything else is gravy.

The big question I want to hear answered is what does Xavier do in the next issue that allows himself and the X-Men to escape with their lives? My bet is he still has a revelation for Vulcan that causes him to have a mental brake down before he flees into space.

In a perverted noted, I loved the revelation that Emma started at the Hellfire Club as a stripper. Now I know why she's always so comfortable dressing as a whore.

MaxwellSmart said:
In a perverted noted, I loved the revelation that Emma started at the Hellfire Club as a stripper. Now I know why she's always so comfortable dressing as a whore.

So, being comfortable showing skin means dressing like a whore...classy.

skotti-chan said:
Sort of, it's all about what you show, how consistently you show it, and what you're objective is by doing so. In my option, Emma shows quite a bit all the time and uses her sexuality to minipulate the men around her. She might not be working a street corner but she's definitely dressing the part.

MaxwellSmart said:
I'm expecting #6 to fillin the story of how Vulcan was abandoned on Krakoa and came about gaining his teammates powers. Anything else is gravy.

i'm assuming that since his powers are energy manipulation, he absorbed their mutant energies since that's what woke him up in the first place and it seems that all mutant powers are energy based at some level. we know that scott and alex both absorb ambient forms of energy to give them their powers. that's my guess.

selfproclaimed said:
i'm assuming that since his powers are energy manipulation, he absorbed their mutant energies since that's what woke him up in the first place and it seems that all mutant powers are energy based at some level. we know that scott and alex both absorb ambient forms of energy to give them their powers. that's my guess.
Decent guess. I could actually see that happening.

skotti-chan said:
Sometimes.

But I don't know, maybe Chuck is holding. It would be something if he pulled out a pistol right? How great would that be?

I mean who's not waiting to see this guy's brains on the cement?

Preview for #6 @ Newsarama.

The hit X-Men series that spun out of House of M reaches it jaw-dropping conclusion in X-Men: Deadly Genesis #6. This ending is one not to be missed as the ramifications of this issue lead directly into X-Men: Deadly Genesis writer Ed Brubaker's run on Uncanny X-Men beginning with issue #475.

Adam Chapman of Comixtreme.com said, "Without a doubt, with this mini-series Ed Brubaker is telling one of the best written X-Men stories that's been published…His work is a breath of fresh-air, providing a classic X-Men story, yet in a modern style and utilizing a modern sensibility, finding each character's voice and making it all work and mesh together beautifully."

I've liked this series..... i think "vulcan" is a bit weird in a way like hes messed in the head, but hes really smart at the same time
If hes going to be a regular in a x-men book, i might start picking it up

Shihad said:
I've liked this series..... i think "vulcan" is a bit weird in a way like hes messed in the head, but hes really smart at the same time
If hes going to be a regular in a x-men book, i might start picking it up
Uncanny X-Men. July.

Latest posts

Back