X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

I don't read much X-Men, and don't know much about their horrible past, but I like Brubaker and Hairsine, so will I be able to understand and enjoy this?

ProjectX2 said:
I don't read much X-Men, and don't know much about their horrible past, but I like Brubaker and Hairsine, so will I be able to understand and enjoy this?

I don't read much X-Men, don't know or care about their past, and I understood it fine. It took me a couple of read-throughs because i wasn't paying attention the first time, but it really is a good story so far. I'd recommend it to a non-X-fan.

I might read this, then if I like it, read his Uncanny X-Men.

Damn you respond fast. Cool iceman pic. Oh okay, because I've been trying to ask these supposed comic geeks in my local comic shops and they act like they don't understand me and I'm like, " You f**ker, I may be Mexican but I speakyee Inglesh. Now give me my subscriptions and I bid you farewell...you F**king putz." So I appreciate it.

I just read the first five issues (thanks Ultimate Quicksilver!) and I like it. Brubaker's definitely one of my favourite writers, and Hairsine is an okay artist (except he's off in some panels). The story's a little confusing, but I presume it will all be tied up in the last issue, instead of some other X-book.

When does the last issue come out?

ProjectX2 said:
I just read the first five issues (thanks Ultimate Quicksilver!) and I like it. Brubaker's definitely one of my favourite writers, and Hairsine is an okay artist (except he's off in some panels). The story's a little confusing, but I presume it will all be tied up in the last issue, instead of some other X-book.

When does the last issue come out?

Currently scheduled for 5/10. It has been delayed already, and could be delayed further. Watch Ice's wonderful shipping update thread for details.

yeah i just bought the first 5 and wow. I'm totally amazed. That was awesome with the whole Xavier thing. Now he knows what it's like to be a true cripple. I love those last few lines. Everyone kinda does the "O" face, except Wolverine, I think. He always seems t oexpect things to happen. I love the back story. And I think someone else said it before, but Xavier starting to be alot like UXM Xavier. I give the whole arc 5/5 even without reading the last issue.

Yeah today.

And I didn't read it. Just skimmed through it. The end. I think what Scott did to Professor X is bull**** (of course I think him being depowered was bull**** to begin with. One of the big HoM mysteries being the bigges cop-out). And where the **** is Vulcan going? :?

Shihad said:
Did anyone get #6?

I did. It was my only book this week.

It was a very weak ending to an otherwise pretty good story. There was absolutely zero payoff; they could have ended it with #5 and nothing would have changed. We got a little bit of insight as to what really happened with the second team was killed, then Vulcan flew into outer space and Scott told Xavier we was no longer welcome at the school.

Sorry, but when you have a fairly significant character killed off and a major revelation about the 3rd Summers brother, you need a bigger/better payoff than that. It was extremely weak.

And what's worse, it ended with "Continued in Uncanny X-Men." Totally bogus since it didn't really end; it makes it seem like you have to read Uncanny to get the rest of the story, which I have no interest in doing.

You need to realize that with a comic book, esp a team as established as the X-men, the story can't ever truely end. Esp when you know that the writer si going to continue over to a regular book, he's going to want to keep the same mystery going over to his book.

This should have been called a Prequel, which if you look at the title, Deadly Genesis, it kinda is a prequel of sorts.

Hmm, these little hints people drop and no one ever sees them until afterwards.

If major components of this story are going to be addressed later in Uncanny, then this story should have been told in Uncanny.

Latest posts

Back