X-Men: Deadly Genesis (Discussion Spoilers)

Oh they did it. There's an article on UXM.net somewhere, but I can't really be arsed to search for it now. Basically, the Summers were flying around in a plane for no apparent reason when they were attacked by aliens for no apparent reason. Because the Summers Senior were completely retarded and had inexplicably only packed a single parachute, they strapped both kids in (BRILLIANT IDEAS, this family. No wonder their kids are so damn stupid) and Scott was dropped on his head, which is why he can't control his powers. Because his brain has been bruised for, oh, thirty years or so now.

Meanwhile, their parents paid the price for their appalling stupidity and were carried off to be anal probed or whatever the hell it was the aliens wanted with some boring losers who they'd snatched for no apparent reason. Except somehow, Daddy-Summers was able to do ...something and ended up as a space pirate on a magical spaceship with a random cat-girl girlfriend Nobody ever got around to shooting him in the head a lot, like I hoped ever since I found out he existed.

Their mother, apparently not interesting enough to be a pirate, suffered the very post-feminist fate of being taken to the harem. I dunno, maybe she wasn't hot enough to be a pirate or something, whatever. She presumably spent what remained of her life their sleeping with the enemy or, God, I don't know, breakdancing her way to intergalactic stardom. Basically nobody ever got around to making something stupid up, except for when she popped out a half-alien baby with possibly the stupidest codename ever. Who is probably the third Summers brother, in the least retarded non-cloning way.

The fact I just said that the half-alien lovechild of a nonsensical harem girl who is really married to a space-pirate was the most sensible option actually makes me want to cry or vomit a little. I really hate this franchise sometimes.

Then they kind of went "Hey, this idea sort of sucks!" and tried to make it Cable, Cannonball, Gambit, Apocalypse, and just about every lame-*** F-list character off the street before just giving the hell up and trying to ignore it away.

WOW.

I don't know how you people read this ****.

Exactly. That was the point.

... robots? :?

NEXTWAVE!

I liked Deadly Genesis. On it's own, it's kind of dull, but as the first arc of Brubaker's Uncanny X-Men, it's really good.

Exactly. That was the point.

However, that is just one instance.

The crap X-Men writing has been going on for years, and by several writers who have turned it into the most jumbled mess of continuity imaginable.

And darn you for making me sound like I'm defending USM.

And darn you for making me sound like I'm defending USM.
I win! :lol:

But was joking only. Just showin' we all read crap, no matter if one is worse than the other. Crap is now and forever with us.

And this mini still rocked. I hope to see Hairsine more. Besides his skinny Beast, it was all good art. And it wasn't even that late for the issues! Some issues were 1 week max. :shock:

Latest posts

Back