Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand, Magneto is about 8-12 during the Holocaust and during the Cuban Missile Crisis he's in his late 20s/early 30s, and by the first three X-Men he's probably in his 60s.

if he was 8 in 1944 (WW2), he would have been 26 in 1962 (Cuban Missile Crisis) and 70 in 2006 (when X-Men the last stand came out - although that is supposed to be the near future)

it's a bit of a stretch, but not beyond imagination.

Last edited:
here it is actually
[video=youtube;UrbHykKUfTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UrbHykKUfTM[/video]

That was a much better trailer than I was expecting. So far, most of the pics released have left me feeling "Meh"...but that trailer makes for a fun movie. Love the period-piece setting, I think that'll go a long way in terms of balancing the more fantastic and unbelievable aspects of the movie, while also steeping it in recent history (and setting up some obvious but still cool symbolism).

so i guess this is more of a prequel and less of a reboot after all.

dammit.

I knew it! And I'm glad.

The fact it's a prequel made me more happy. I loved X-men 1 to 3 and Wolverine. Plus wolverine 2 is coming so it's cool that it's not two septate continuities. Also I think the "near future" thing has been retcon'd or something.

As X-Men 1 came out 2000. This features Missile Crisis = 1969 like Captain Canuck said. Emma Frost is in it. She was in wolverine with teen Scott. So lets say this is only 1 or 2 years later it makes scott at least 46.

Now in X-men 1 he was at the most 35 in X-men 1. So I'm thinking the movies must be in the past. As in order to get the right age range X-men 1 must be set in 1990.

I may be wrong though. In fact if history has taught us anything, i probably am :lol:

Idk if the emma from wolverine is the same as the emma in first class. If wolverine is suppose to take place before first class then why is xavier already bald at the end of wolverine while that emma is visually younger in that compared to first class?

Wolverine takes place 15 years before X-Men 1, not First Class.

Ahhh I wasn't sure as Emma to me at least looks younger in wolverine than this. Oh well I can let that go. Thank you.

So it goes :

First class trilogy (as they said they plan on 3) > Wolverine + 2 > X-men 1 to 3

The fact it's a prequel made me more happy. I loved X-men 1 to 3 and Wolverine. Plus wolverine 2 is coming so it's cool that it's not two septate continuities. Also I think the "near future" thing has been retcon'd or something.

As X-Men 1 came out 2000. This features Missile Crisis = 1969 like Captain Canuck said. Emma Frost is in it. She was in wolverine with teen Scott. So lets say this is only 1 or 2 years later it makes scott at least 46.

Now in X-men 1 he was at the most 35 in X-men 1. So I'm thinking the movies must be in the past. As in order to get the right age range X-men 1 must be set in 1990.

I may be wrong though. In fact if history has taught us anything, i probably am :lol:

Idk if the emma from wolverine is the same as the emma in first class. If wolverine is suppose to take place before first class then why is xavier already bald at the end of wolverine while that emma is visually younger in that compared to first class?

Ice said:
Wolverine takes place 15 years before X-Men 1, not First Class.

X-Men First Class occurs during the 60's, the Cuban Missile Crisis occurred in 1962 if I recall correctly. Its possible the movie takes place over a number of years, though.

The end of Wolverine takes place in 1979 because of the Three Mile Island incident.

The X-Men movies take place whenever, sometime after 2000.

I'm going to be honest...I don't care about this film, at all.

I'll probably see it and maybe it'll be a bit of fun, but...who cares? I don't even know most of the characters. I am very close to being the 'casual moviegoer' where this film is concerned.

I'll probably see it and maybe it'll be a bit of fun, but...who cares? I don't even know most of the characters. I am very close to being the 'casual moviegoer' where this film is concerned.

I felt that way until I saw the trailer...while I don't care about most of the characters, I do think it'll be interesting to see Charles and Magneto develop and their relationship change against the backdrop of 1960s America...

At the very least, it'll be better than X3 or Wolverine.

How I feel, too. There's just something about it that makes it seem utterly pointless.

I really hope it's good because I'll end up seeing it.

At the very least, it'll be better than X3 or Wolverine.

Both of which are movies I'm ashamed to admit I enjoy watching, with a couple of beers and a deactivated brain. Mostly because of Hugh Jackman and his reliably fun portrayal as Wolverine.

Hugh Jackman's not in this film.

Last edited:
My two cents is that this whole thing looked like an ill-advised mess which I wasn't really interested in seeing, all the way up until the trailer debuted. It looks awesome. I'm actively excited for it now and will plan on seeing it opening night. Even stuff that had me rolling my eyes in the photos like the old blue-and-yellow uniforms looked sweet in the trailer and like they're being smartly used. Good for them. I'm pumped. Especially because....

so i guess this is more of a prequel and less of a reboot after all.

dammit.

.... we have enough weird, unnecessary reboots happening or pitched as it is, and more importantly, I still really want the current film series to stay alive long enough to at least get a proper X4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back