X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse (Discussion/Spoilers)

So I just picked up this game (finally). I know, I know, I'm a bit behind the rest of the video gaming world. I just got back into playing and am doing some catch-up.

Anyway, I played for several hours last night. I got stuck at the part where I have to fight Abyss. I've gotten to the point where I'm fighting him on the dirigibles/zeppelins/blimps and he jumps onto a second blimp and starts throwing bombs onto your blimp. Now its obvious from the game text I'm supposed to use the bombs he's throwing to damage either his blimp or him. But I can't figure out how to pick them up, throw them, or move them to any degree. Do I need to use a specific character or power? If not, let me know what button or combo I'm so stupendously missing.

And generally, what are some good teams? Do you have any preferences, favorites, etc? Are there specific tactics I should keep in mind for specific levels (use specific mutants due to their powers for specific tasks/levels)?

If this is the boss listing, I have a looooong way to go, as I'm only on Abyss and am experiencing problems (somebody clue me in on how to throw his bombs back at him):

Grizzly
Zealot
Lady Deathstrike
Abyss
Garrok
Sauron
Omega Red
Mikhail
Sugar Man
Shadow X-men (holographs, like the danger room)
Stepford Cuckoos
Stepford Cuckoos/Holocaust
Bastion
Stryfe
Deadpool
ArchAngel
Mister Sinister/ Beast
Living Monolith
Apocalypse
Apocalypse/Horsemen/Stepford Cuckoos
Apocalypse

Last edited:
For Abyss try using a character that has the might ability(Rogue, Juggernaugt, Wolverine, Colossus) you should be able to just pick up the bombs like anything else, and just toss them at Abyss.

As for teams, Iceman and Magneto are always good additions, make sure that you have at least one strong/brawler character. I like Scarlet Witch because she is the ultimate support character for the computer to use, especially after she learns heal. Toad is also a great character to use and is often overlooked.

For Abyss try using a character that has the might ability(Rogue, Juggernaugt, Wolverine, Colossus) you should be able to just pick up the bombs like anything else, and just toss them at Abyss.

Yeah, I tried that. In fact, the first time facing him, I had both Colossus and Juggernaut on my team. But no matter what button (or combination) I pressed, no matter how close or far from the bombs I was, I couldn't pick them up. What "action" (since the buttons are different between systems) makes that ability work? Is it something that has to be leveled up to? Its only one of the mutant abilities, right?

As for teams, Iceman and Magneto are always good additions, make sure that you have at least one strong/brawler character. I like Scarlet Witch because she is the ultimate support character for the computer to use, especially after she learns heal. Toad is also a great character to use and is often overlooked.

I've only used Magneto so far, but now I'll definitly be checking them out, thanks!

Yeah, I tried that. In fact, the first time facing him, I had both Colossus and Juggernaut on my team. But no matter what button (or combination) I pressed, no matter how close or far from the bombs I was, I couldn't pick them up. What "action" (since the buttons are different between systems) makes that ability work? Is it something that has to be leveled up to? Its only one of the mutant abilities, right?

Well, "Might" is an ability that you have to put points into. As for just picking up the bombs you just have to get up next to it and press the lift button (I think square on PS2), just look in the manual to see which one it is.

Well, "Might" is an ability that you have to put points into. As for just picking up the bombs you just have to get up next to it and press the lift button (I think square on PS2), just look in the manual to see which one it is.

Got it, thanks Iceshadow. I've been playing RE4 since I couldn't figure that out (just playing it for the first time, its good ****).

No problem, and RE4 is one of the best games ever hands down.

Agreed.

Well I got past Abyss. Thanks again. I guess before I didn't have my Might levels built up enough, because neither Juggernaut or Colossus would pick them up. I tried this time after maxing it out, and it worked no problem. Had him beat within two minutes.

Latest posts

Back