X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse (Discussion/Spoilers)

Hibiki said:
Yeah, it's just when he plays video games, he plays video games, and it's annoying when you wanna go out and do stuff. He ignores me too when he's playing. Especially at this stupid game called command and conquer. Counterstrike is way better. But xmen legends was boring to watch so i didn't think it was worth getting the second one.

Maybe you can try playing with him. You can control another character as far as I know.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Maybe you can try playing with him. You can control another character as far as I know.

It's not fun to watch, why would I play it? I more or less like fighting games and fps. Used to play FFXI but i got tired of killit rabbits for fur and wanted to fight.

I picked up part 1 on saturday. I take it home and pop that bad boy in and the damn thing doesnt work. Thats what i get for buying a used game but hey it was only like 14 bucks. I took it back got another one a played a bit today. So far its ok. Not to RPG for me. I havent really got into the whole power up you abilties part but i think i'll get it.

Hibiki said:
It's not fun to watch, why would I play it? I more or less like fighting games and fps. Used to play FFXI but i got tired of killit rabbits for fur and wanted to fight.

There are games that are not fun to watch (in long periods) but playing is a different experience. For example, watching someone playing Final Fantasy bores me to death, but on the other hand I love playing it.

Hibiki said:
That's odd, cause X-men Legends has quite a bit of action, yes the time between in the first one can be boring, but the fighting is good, and Marvel Ultimate Aliance is the same format. Also Deadpool is in XML2

Yeah but alliance has characters I actually love. I only like wolvie in xmen but, for me, it wasn't that fun.

Okay, i got home from work and my bf and his little brother bought the damn game. Fun to watch. and yes way better than the first. How do you get the iron man armor because the strategy guide doesn't really specify. They collect all 4 of the homing things in each level but they don't know how to get the armor.

Hibiki said:
When does this happen.

When you get all 4 beacons found in very act. I think there's 4 per act. If you get them all, a message will say that there is a 'secret level'. You can then return to the act's HQ and you can find an extra portal there. Go through the level and you will be able to get a piece of Iron Man's stuff.

I also really agree that this was a huge improvement on the first. You can return to any area if you want, the load times aren't ridiculous, it's easy to resurrect and buy items, the addition of the Brotherhood characters (plus the bonus ones) and the almost total disappearance of the cheap 'falling' deaths.

Last edited:
yeah, i loved this game before it started freezing at the same point near to the last level.

then i got mad. my iceman was such a beast...

Yeah, they're almost done and it's actually entertaining. Especially with Juggy and Deapool. They're so funny. I love when DP says, " quick shield me."

iceman said:
yeah, i loved this game before it started freezing at the same point near to the last level.

then i got mad. my iceman was such a beast...

Sell most of your items, and freezing shouldn't be a problem anymore.

for reals?

did you get the freezing and the beeping?

all the freezing happens when i punk beast and sinister...

I know im mad late but I love part 1!! Im hooked on that joint! Smh im at work thinking bout who i should upgrade next...

Last edited:
iceman said:
for reals?

did you get the freezing and the beeping?

all the freezing happens when i punk beast and sinister...

Yeah that was happening to me too, someone earlier in this thread said get the items in your box down to like 20 or 30 (I can't remember if what characters are wearing counts too). I sold my stuff to Forge and it was smooth sailing.

should i just sell everything? one can probably buy crazy points.

i've kept items that seem useful, but this late in the game they all seem that way

iceman said:
should i just sell everything? one can probably buy crazy points.

i've kept items that seem useful, but this late in the game they all seem that way

Sell most of it first then try the fight again, if it still doesn't work then I would sell all the extra stuff.

Oh man.. I was at circuit city getting a wireless mouse (which is leagues better than the ball mouse I was using), and I saw this game for 9.99 and said what the heck.

This game kicks ***. I just saw Sinister for the first time, and I am having tons of fun.

My team:
Sunfire (he's kind of weak so far, but I have faith that I can build him up. flying is pretty cool.)
Iceman (I like the whole elemental thing. Plus the beams and ice armor are key)
Magneto (Again, the elemental thing. Plus hes good in a fist fight, but can still attack from far away)
Juggernaut (I need at least one brawler)

Any reccomendations on my choice of team? Or is everyone too busy with Ultimate Alliance?

no matter who you use, you'll pretty much be fine.

i liked to use iceman as my brawler (amp up his ice attacks, and his freeze beam, and you can freeze and kill in about 2 hits), magneto, cyclops, and nightcrawler. a couple other characters here and there are pretty good (colossus, jean grey), but other than that, this team has worked very well for me (nightcrawler teleports to get hard to reach things, magneto has TK and bridges, cyclops has weld and range, iceman has bridges and freezing, kinda like magneto... but he's stronger up close, and faster).

hope that helped a little.

keep in mind this just worked well for me.

Latest posts

Back