X-Men: Second Coming (Discussion & Spoilers)

Cable is on the cover of of the X-men titles in the latest previews... but it does say an x-men makes a sacrifice in that issue so he might not die until then, but yeah i will go with nightcrawler!

You know if Ice Man dies Ice is going to freak out... "Quick, some grab a camra."

After reading parts 2 and 3 (Uncanny #523 & New Mutants #12), it looks like it's Cable dying for sure. It was shown in Uncanny that Bastion is now tracking Cable & Hope via the signature of the T-O virus within Cable and knowing how Cable is, he'll remedy that any way possible. Even if it means his death.

And his massive techno organic penis.

So
Kurt
bites it in X-Force #26, but this is Kyle and Yost writing soooo there's about a 45% chance of a fake out, and I find it hard to believe that the major character death would come so soon. On the other hand he looks pretty dead.

EDIT: Whoops, I accidentally bolded that instead of the spoiler tags.

Last edited:
So Kurt bites it in X-Force #26, but this is Kyle and Yost writing soooo there's about a 45% chance of a fake out, and I find it hard to believe that the major character death would come so soon. On the other hand he looks pretty dead.

oh, who are we kidding? He'll be back before the next movie comes out.

My thoughts on the last couple of issues,

X-Force #27: I didn't like how the fight scene at the beginning was silent, it really needed sound effects/talking, especially since it took me awhile to realize that it was who Hellion had his hands zapped off. I did like how Cyclops sends X-Force on a one way suicide mission into the future to shut down the Nimrod sentinels.

X-Men: Second Coming-Revelations: Blind Science: Aside from the multiple colons in the title, I actually enjoyed this oneshot. Documenting what happens to the X-Club on the oil rig, when the group gets mysteriously transported to the future they find that Hope's powers went out of control and have made San Francisco into a hellhole. Of course everything is not as it seems...Anyway Dr. Kavita Rao gets a chance to shine in this, and she makes a great contrast to the snarkier than usual Dr. Nemesis.

Uncanny X-Men #525: A really good issue, I think I liked pretty much all of it. There's a great sense of dread and tension since the mutants are slowly losing the battle to the Nimrod sentinels, and X-Force has seemingly arrived in the Days of Future Past future. Also, I enjoyed the parts with the Avengers and the Fantastic Four trying to get into the dome, it was a nice touch.

X-Men: Second Coming-Revelations: Hellbound #2: This one was ok, it seems like there's a lot of screwing around for 3 issue tie-in. We get it already! Limbo sucks! Anyway, I did like that Gambit seems to have been corrupted by his Horseman of Death persona, as well as Pixie's teaming up with a demon to kill Magik, but that's about it.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of X-Men line events recently, but this one is my favorite. I am very much enjoying everything in the main story line. I have not read any of the side-minis yet. I'm excited to eventually pick up the HC of this all and re-read it.

Also, what definitely adds a nice touch to this has been the coloring. A superb job that has the right dark tone to it for this dark story.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the last couple of issues,

X-Men: Second Coming-Revelations: Blind Science: Aside from the multiple colons in the title, I actually enjoyed this oneshot. Documenting what happens to the X-Club on the oil rig, when the group gets mysteriously transported to the future they find that Hope's powers went out of control and have made San Francisco into a hellhole. Of course everything is not as it seems...Anyway Dr. Kavita Rao gets a chance to shine in this, and she makes a great contrast to the snarkier than usual Dr. Nemesis.

i would read a mini-series of the x-club. they are such a random group of characters that work well off of each other and this one-shot was great.

X-Force #28- Chapter 13: Holy damn!! After all this time, Cable let out the T-O virus within him and he exploded! That was crazy and sad. :(

And I guess Hope's power is just being omnipotent or whatever? Looks like she has the power of everything. Wonder how exactly that will be explained. Also, I want Mike Choi to draw everything in Marvel. Hot damn his art is just fantastic. His Thor was awesome and I wish he would draw an arc in that book. Can't wait to see how it all ends next week.

Last edited:
And we wrap it up this week. I liked how Wolverine is going to run the new X-Force secret from all the X-Men, as well as the end where new mutants start appearing, plus the Phoenix force. Overall I thought it was a really good event, it sucks about Nightcrawler though, however I'm interested in the directions the X-books are going in. It's a nice change from the last few years.

And we wrap it up this week. I liked how Wolverine is going to run the new X-Force secret from all the X-Men, as well as the end where new mutants start appearing, plus the Phoenix force. Overall I thought it was a really good event, it sucks about Nightcrawler though, however I'm interested in the directions the X-books are going in. It's a nice change from the last few years.
Agreed on everything. It was a good wrap up and I can't wait to see how things go from here. It feels like a good change to the X-Men that will actually feel different and mean something more than any of the other events.

Latest posts

Back