X-men: The End: Heroes and Martyrs discussion [spoilers]

Ultimate Gambit said:
hmm I wonder if she will ever met Bishop?? and do we get to see Bishop in this new book?
Yes, he was in this issue, for a few pages. His hair grew back to its long length.

Yes, of course. :wink:

And I JUST noticed this!

Bobby is in America. When and how the hell did he get there?! PLUS, he wasn't in his ice state! WHAT THE HELL?! As much as I like that, Claremont needs to explain himself!

I highly doubt it. He woulda been using it in France too, out in the public. He was in Emma's and Rogue's house (Or whoever it actually belonged to).

Irish_4204 said:
Alright all it says about Aliyah is

Destiny's Diary (Libris Veritatus) extract 117/G3;

The stars shall be her home/ And Earth her destination/ Mothered by War/ Her Father's her Salvation./ The price of Xavier's Dream/ Shall be this Ancient Aerie's Fall!
The thing with the diaries is that we've only had revealed the relevant passages to the relevant X-treme Plots. The others were just left up in the air.

icemastertron said:
Yes, of course. :wink:

And I JUST noticed this!

Bobby is in America. When and how the hell did he get there?! PLUS, he wasn't in his ice state! WHAT THE HELL?! As much as I like that, Claremont needs to explain himself!

I think it's better that CC doesn't explain. Eventually, some writer is going to turn Iceman back to human form. Why make his own explaination of how Bobby turns back when he'll turn back some other way. Plus why waste time explaining how everyone's in the situations they are in now, when there is a story that needs to be told. BTW, Beast is not in his lion form either (or is he and I completely pictured something that wasn't in the issues).

IcyFlames said:
I think it's better that CC doesn't explain. Eventually, some writer is going to turn Iceman back to human form. Why make his own explaination of how Bobby turns back when he'll turn back some other way. Plus why waste time explaining how everyone's in the situations they are in now, when there is a story that needs to be told. BTW, Beast is not in his lion form either (or is he and I completely pictured something that wasn't in the issues).
The explanation of Bobby back in human doesn't have to be long. A quick one will do. As for the Beast thing, no doesn't have his lion-esque face. I think I brought that up last year from the preview, but I'm not sure. That is also weird!

icemastertron said:
The explanation of Bobby back in human doesn't have to be long. A quick one will do. As for the Beast thing, no doesn't have his lion-esque face. I think I brought that up last year from the preview, but I'm not sure. That is also weird!
I think he might have meant that it would be better if its not explained just so it can still happen in the normal time, so the explanation doesn't conflict with any upcoming storylines. Not that it really matters since this is an out of continuity series.

Caduceus said:
I think he might have meant that it would be better if its not explained just so it can still happen in the normal time, so the explanation doesn't conflict with any upcoming storylines. Not that it really matters since this is an out of continuity series.
What do you mean by "upcoming storylines"? The third book?

Maybe Beast is de-evolving. Reverting back. Remember how mutants are losing their powers?

Maybe that's the reason why Beast is so dedicated to helping mutants through it (because he has experienced it first hand). Just a theory.

icemastertron said:
What do you mean by "upcoming storylines"? The third book?
I mean in the future of the current X-men comics. I vaguely remember something telling me that the End continuity had already been disproved but I do believe that there are still attempts to leave it as a possible future.

Caduceus said:
I mean in the future of the current X-men comics. I vaguely remember something telling me that the End continuity had already been disproved but I do believe that there are still attempts to leave it as a possible future.
All "The End" books are possible futures. I don't see how this would affect current X-Books, as it isn't in actual continuity. :?

icemastertron said:
All "The End" books are possible futures. I don't see how this would affect current X-Books, as it isn't in actual continuity. :?
When they write possible futures, they actually have to be possible at the time. I'm saying that CC wanted to leave it open for another writer (or himself maybe) to tell so that The End could remain possible without conflicting with later continuity. Despite the fact it will be disproved soon if it hasn't been already. But he might explain it more as the XSE becomes more involved and Sage's knowing whats going on already is explained.

Well... The thing that disproves the continuity of the book is that Northstar was alive during book one, and for a bit of B2 #1.... But I bet Claremont wrote that before the death was published.

Has anyone else noticed that Northstar died three times in the past two months?

Wolverine (616) - Wolverine Stabs Him
Age of Apocolypse - Wolverine and X2 Stab him (and Aurora for that Matter)
X-Men: The End - He exhausts himself after taking most of the blast that destroyed the X-Mansion

o_O its very... strange. 'specially if its a coincidence.

I'm liking Book two better than Book one so far... I wish there werent so many things going on at once, its so hard to keep up with whats supposed to be going on.

Latest posts

Back