X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
I saw the movie for the 2nd time yesterday and liked it better. The first time there was way to many mutants to follow (how many toad-like leapers were there?) I paid more attention to the central plot this time. The Jean Grey-Phenix was really creepy looking much like Japan horror movie characters. My favorite characters were the Beast and Kitty. I wished they could have had more lines for Peter though.

ProjectX2 said:
I wanted an explanation to where Nightcrawler was - and I don't want to read a book or play a game to find him.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a fourth one, and I hope the villain ISN'T Magneto.

You should play the game simply because it's a lot of fun.

I agree with you about Magneto not being the villain in the fourth film, but I'll cry if he isn't in it(as in, plays a big part).

What I want is Apocalypse to show up as the main villain and restore Magneto and Mystique's powers with his genetic know-how.

I saw it, liked it very much, and will see it again tomorrow.

I'm aware that it is proving to have weak legs commercially, and I don't care.

There are strong scenes that combine great emotion, action and special effects. That's what I like. Also, the story adds up, and completes the trilogy.

MaxwellSmart said:
I just calculated the average rating and it's 3.75 stars. That's pretty good, considering this crowd's reaction before the movie came out.

Ahem. The average is 3,76744186 stars. Why are you selling X3 short?

Last edited:
ultimatedjf said:
Hey, someone agrees with me. :D

We're teenagers, we're allowed to think so. :D

Everytime I saw The Phoenix, I kept thinking about those creepy aliens at the start of Ultimate Nightmare. They looked exactly the same, except for the red hair thing.

I came up with a quick plan for a fourth movie last night, involving Apocalypse as the main villain. It would take place perhaps a few months later, and it would appear "Charles" and Erik know about each other's powers. Because Erik is supposedly a class 4 mutant, the cure was only temporary, and his powers are coming back - slowly. "Charles" tells him that he's been having psychic nightmares, about another class 5 mutant emerging - the first mutant, in fact. The X-Men don't know "Charles" is alive, so he takes Erik to Cairo, Egypt to investigate this new mutant.

Meanwhile, Rogue - now a pure human, would have moved in with her new boyfriend, a card-carrying mutant known as Gambit. She's concerned about him though - he's always disappearing and doing work for some guy called Nathaniel Essex. She finds out this "work" has something to do with a secret mutant cult in the sewers - known as The Morlocks. She contacts the X-Men, now led by Storm, and they investigate.

They find out that Nathaniel Essex is a mutant, calling himself Mr. Sinister. He is controlling Gambit, and forcing him to kill off Morlocks - as mutant sacrifices for some mutant god, known as Apocalypse. The X-Men manage to stop Gambit, save the remaining Morlocks, and track down Mr. Sinister, where they soon defeat him, and he is taken away to a mutant prison.

Over in Cairo, "Charles" and Erik are in an old tomb. It appears this is the resting place for the world's first mutant - a man known as Eh Sabah Nur, who lived many centuries ago. Suddenly, the tomb begins to shake, and the class 5 mutant appears - Apocalypse, the very being that Mr. Sinister was trying to awaken. "Charles" tries to shut down his mind, but he's too powerful. Erik tells "Charles" to escape, and then Erik attempts to fight Apocalypse. "Charles" leaves the area, as he sees Erik use all of his remaining power to bring the tomb down upon them.

"Charles" returns to the Xavier Institue, where he explains how he transferred his consciousness into another body, and how another class 5 mutant has emerged. They assemble the full X-Men team - Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Iceman and Shadowcat, along with Rogue and Gambit - and head to the middle of New York - supposedly where some Egyptian mutant has just appeared.

The X-Men confront Apocalypse, but he manages to defeat them all, even Wolverine. Soon, only "Charles" is left, but he cannot shut down Apocalypse's mind - his mutant power prevents him from doing so.

Suddenly, soldiers appear and fire what appears to be the last of "The Cure" - the needles fire into Apocalypse. It seems to slow him down, but his healing factor is countering the cure - this is the last chance. "Charles" proceeds to shut down his mind while he is distracted, and the X-Men fight one last time. Together, along with a few Morlocks, they manage to defeat Apocalypse, with "Charles" managing to shut down his mind, sealing his mutant powers behind psychic barriers. The old scrawny Egyptian man is taken to the very prison Mr. Sinister was taken, and finally master and servant are together.

I think it would be something like this; it seems a bit crappy and cliched in some places, but I came up with this in a few minutes. Tell me what you think.

ProjectX2 said:
We're teenagers, we're allowed to think so. :D

Everytime I saw The Phoenix, I kept thinking about those creepy aliens at the start of Ultimate Nightmare. They looked exactly the same, except for the red hair thing.

I came up with a quick plan for a fourth movie last night, involving Apocalypse as the main villain. It would take place perhaps a few months later, and it would appear "Charles" and Erik know about each other's powers. Because Erik is supposedly a class 4 mutant, the cure was only temporary, and his powers are coming back - slowly. "Charles" tells him that he's been having psychic nightmares, about another class 5 mutant emerging - the first mutant, in fact. The X-Men don't know "Charles" is alive, so he takes Erik to Cairo, Egypt to investigate this new mutant.

Meanwhile, Rogue - now a pure human, would have moved in with her new boyfriend, a card-carrying mutant known as Gambit. She's concerned about him though - he's always disappearing and doing work for some guy called Nathaniel Essex. She finds out this "work" has something to do with a secret mutant cult in the sewers - known as The Morlocks. She contacts the X-Men, now led by Storm, and they investigate.

They find out that Nathaniel Essex is a mutant, calling himself Mr. Sinister. He is controlling Gambit, and forcing him to kill off Morlocks - as mutant sacrifices for some mutant god, known as Apocalypse. The X-Men manage to stop Gambit, save the remaining Morlocks, and track down Mr. Sinister, where they soon defeat him, and he is taken away to a mutant prison.

Over in Cairo, "Charles" and Erik are in an old tomb. It appears this is the resting place for the world's first mutant - a man known as Eh Sabah Nur, who lived many centuries ago. Suddenly, the tomb begins to shake, and the class 5 mutant appears - Apocalypse, the very being that Mr. Sinister was trying to awaken. "Charles" tries to shut down his mind, but he's too powerful. Erik tells "Charles" to escape, and then Erik attempts to fight Apocalypse. "Charles" leaves the area, as he sees Erik use all of his remaining power to bring the tomb down upon them.

"Charles" returns to the Xavier Institue, where he explains how he transferred his consciousness into another body, and how another class 5 mutant has emerged. They assemble the full X-Men team - Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Colossus, Iceman and Shadowcat, along with Rogue and Gambit - and head to the middle of New York - supposedly where some Egyptian mutant has just appeared.

The X-Men confront Apocalypse, but he manages to defeat them all, even Wolverine. Soon, only "Charles" is left, but he cannot shut down Apocalypse's mind - his mutant power prevents him from doing so.

Suddenly, soldiers appear and fire what appears to be the last of "The Cure" - the needles fire into Apocalypse. It seems to slow him down, but his healing factor is countering the cure - this is the last chance. "Charles" proceeds to shut down his mind while he is distracted, and the X-Men fight one last time. Together, along with a few Morlocks, they manage to defeat Apocalypse, with "Charles" managing to shut down his mind, sealing his mutant powers behind psychic barriers. The old scrawny Egyptian man is taken to the very prison Mr. Sinister was taken, and finally master and servant are together.

I think it would be something like this; it seems a bit crappy and cliched in some places, but I came up with this in a few minutes. Tell me what you think.

Sweet. Only problem is, that's way too "confusing" (meaning: intelligent) for the people at 20th Century Fox. :)

Overall it sounds pretty solid. The only thing I don't like is "the cure" being reintroduced and the return of Rogue on the team (since she lost her powers).

If I was gonna focus on her relationship I'd borrow the plotline from UXM when Rogue was kidnapped by Gambit. Basically I'd have her being kidnapped Gambit under the orders of Sinister. When they find out that she is in fact human---Sinister wants to dispose of her but Gambit has developed feelings for her. Thus causing a rift between her and Bobby...whom Kitty is all to eager to comfort.

I'd have Apoc's end be something similar to the comics. Something to where he just retreats and will return again someday.

Planet-man said:
Proj: Overall it seems pretty solid except for a few things:

1 - Does Scott come back? He better.

2 - Why would Rogue and Iceman break up right after she was cured?

3 - I agree with Vic, they shouldn't randomly bring back The Cure.

1. No - he's dead. :D

2. I thought she'd move on with her life, seeing how Bobby is closer to Kitty now.

3. The cure was a last-minute thing - the only thing that could stop Apocalypse's powers for a short time.

ProjectX2 said:
1. No - he's dead. :D

2. I thought she'd move on with her life, seeing how Bobby is closer to Kitty now.

3. The cure was a last-minute thing - the only thing that could stop Apocalypse's powers for a short time.

1. Fudge ya.

2. Why? They can finally get close now that she's been cured? I don't like it.

3. Yeah, and it shouldn't be. I think they should try it on him but he blocks it somehow.

Planet-man said:
2. Why? They can finally get close now that she's been cured? I don't like it.
If this were anything resembling real life she would turn into a nympho, now that she can have sex.

my idea for 4th

I think it's possible scott return. I know its a little far fetched but number it is reviled mr sinister saved scott (after all he wants scott and jean to have a baby) at last second. Teleport or sheild or something. Scott returns to see wolverine at Jean together (Jean did not die by the claw but was seriously hurt and now shes jean again). This causes conflict between the main group.

The cure has faded and Mystique is back in blue. She hates Magneto for abanding her "Hell have no fury like a woman scorn" and all that. She helps mr sinister in his plan to bring forth Apocalypse.

The mutant cure was all trap to get mutants weak and help the sentinals find mutants easyer. Magneto has his powers again BUT he is not evil. Insted now he knows what it is like to be human and saw what his war could do is good. He leads the x-men as well as helping with an experiment to clone Prof X and transfer him back in to his body (cheesy i know but we need prof X)

Rogue gets her powers back as she is kissing a guy but they seem to be increased as she can now fly. She learns that her real mom is Mystique and nightcrawler her brother. At first she goes back to the X-men but sees bobby kissing kitty!!! She storms off and joins her Mom

Apocalypse when he comes forth changes 4 mutants to his horsemen. The X-men head out to fight Apocalypse , his horsemen , Pyro , Mystique , Rogue. At the end of the movie Scott and Jean are back together kissing. Wolverine upon seeing this leaves the X-men!!!! (sets up Wolverine 2 or another spin off for wolverine.)

I know that little idea is bad but I think it could work

I like all of it except for this:

sjmole said:
Rogue gets her powers back as she is kissing a guy but they seem to be increased as she can now fly. She learns that her real mom is Mystique and nightcrawler her brother.

No. I never, ever want them to establish any relationship between Mystique, Nightcrawler, or Rouge. Nor do I want her to ever manifest Ms. Marvel's powers.

Planet-man said:
I like all of it except for this:

No. I never, ever want them to establish any relationship between Mystique, Nightcrawler, or Rouge. Nor do I want her to ever manifest Ms. Marvel's powers.

Personaly I prefure movie rouge and xmen evolution rouge to normal flying rouge but I know a lot of fans who hated the changes to rouge like i hated jugganught changes so i figured i would throw that in to correct it for them. But I will admit i do like the rouge/nightcrawler/Mystique family ties

Planet-man said:
Same with me. I like the Rogue and the Mystique we meet in the X-Movies. (Not so much the Nightcrawler, though he was still good for one movie.) I don't want them to be retconed.

I just saw X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) I liked it even more than before. I'm going to go see it again.

sjmole said:
I think it's possible scott return. I know its a little far fetched but number it is reviled mr sinister saved scott (after all he wants scott and jean to have a baby) at last second. Teleport or sheild or something. Scott returns to see wolverine at Jean together (Jean did not die by the claw but was seriously hurt and now shes jean again). This causes conflict between the main group.
So in other words, we're undoing everything that happened to three major characters in X-3. Oooookay...
sjmole said:
The cure has faded and Mystique is back in blue. She hates Magneto for abanding her "Hell have no fury like a woman scorn" and all that. She helps mr sinister in his plan to bring forth Apocalypse.
Because of course, Worthington wouldn't actually TEST the serum before announcing it to the world and giving it to the military and stuff. Magneto's still got a small bit of power; if he manages to totally overcome the serum it'd be due to his massive power level. Mystique doesn't have that going for her.
sjmole said:
The mutant cure was all trap to get mutants weak and help the sentinals find mutants easyer. Magneto has his powers again BUT he is not evil. Insted now he knows what it is like to be human and saw what his war could do is good. He leads the x-men as well as helping with an experiment to clone Prof X and transfer him back in to his body (cheesy i know but we need prof X)
Even though Sentinels don't exist outside the Danger Room, and Magneto would most likely be beyond furious at humans for weakening him and the X-Men for disrupting his master plan.
sjmole said:
Rogue gets her powers back as she is kissing a guy but they seem to be increased as she can now fly. She learns that her real mom is Mystique and nightcrawler her brother. At first she goes back to the X-men but sees bobby kissing kitty!!! She storms off and joins her Mom
Ah yes, because seeing a boy you like kissing another girl is the PERFECT reason to totally change your personality and become evil.
sjmole said:
Apocalypse when he comes forth changes 4 mutants to his horsemen. The X-men head out to fight Apocalypse , his horsemen , Pyro , Mystique , Rogue. At the end of the movie Scott and Jean are back together kissing. Wolverine upon seeing this leaves the X-men!!!! (sets up Wolverine 2 or another spin off for wolverine.)
Yuck...
sjmole said:
I know that little idea is bad but I think it could work
Uh... kay...
David Blue said:
I just saw X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) I liked it even more than before. I'm going to go see it again.
As opposed to X-Men: The Last Stand (2005)? o_O

jtg3885 said:
So in other words, we're undoing everything that happened to three major characters in X-3. Oooookay...Because of course, Worthington wouldn't actually TEST the serum before announcing it to the world and giving it to the military and stuff. Magneto's still got a small bit of power; if he manages to totally overcome the serum it'd be due to his massive power level. Mystique doesn't have that going for her.Even though Sentinels don't exist outside the Danger Room, and Magneto would most likely be beyond furious at humans for weakening him and the X-Men for disrupting his master plan.Ah yes, because seeing a boy you like kissing another girl is the PERFECT reason to totally change your personality and become evil.Yuck...Uh... kay...As opposed to X-Men: The Last Stand (2005)? o_O

It's reasons like this that people don't really likeyou that much. Constructive criticism remember.

David Blue: I just saw X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) I liked it even more than before. I'm going to go see it again.

jtg3885 said:
...As opposed to X-Men: The Last Stand (2005)? o_O
I think to specify a movie's year is a good habit. There are movie titles like Batman that are ambiguous otherwise, such as Batman (1966) and Batman (1989), and Batman (1992) for "the animated series". I don't see any harm in specifying the year habitually, anyway.

I did see X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) again, and it holds up well.

I think the music by John Powell is good, and helps to give the film staying power.

Each X-Men movie has had a different kind of music. I used to like Michael Kamen's music for X-Men (2000) best, but I would guess most people liked John Ottman's music for X2: X-Men United (2003) more. John Powell's score for X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) seems very straightforward, normal and accessible, but I think it does the best job of all for heightening the excitement and emotion of the big scenes without telling us the result in advance.

anyone else think hugh jackman was a horriable wolverine ?

he seemed too tall and wtf is up with his hairdo ? looks like they glued a afro to his head and shaved down the middle !

isnt wolverine 5'3 in the comics and just dam badass !

haile berry played a perfect storm although i kinda imagined storm with a african accent ?

colossus looked awesome in the movie but where is his rusian accent ? !

kitty was perfect too she is sooo cuteeee !

but the story was a disapointment too me :-(

Latest posts

Back