X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
LOTR is could go on forever, but it's a trilogy, and it's supposed to end that way. X-Men has been marketed as a trilogy, and I think it would be better if it stayed like that. If we just kept adding more and more movies, it would turn out like the old Batman movies.

Saw it again with a friend. Still awesome.

Now, the story throughout the first 3 X-Men movies can be marked as a trilogy. But that's just that story.

Of course there will be more X-Men movies! And I'm not talking about the spin-off.

There just isn't going to be a new movie lauched into production with the current cast.

But a few years down the line, at least 5, less than 15, we will see a new project. Different actors, probably different creators. Perhaps it will build on the old movies, perhaps it will start fresh. Who knows.

But mark my word, there is another X-Men movie within 15 years. If I were to get out my crytal ball I'd say... hmmm... In 9 years. The spin-off will keep the movie execs happy and busy for a few cycle. They'll get a Wolverine out of Jackman and perhaps a second one if it does well. Than they'll think what next? Someone will pitch a new X-men movie. Add 2-3 years of development. Tadaa! We get a new X-men movie for 2015.

I know some of you kids can't see more than 6 months ahead and that's why you think there will never be another X-men movie. But you'll live (hopefully) and learn (doubtful).

;)

Last edited:
ProjectX2 said:
LOTR is could go on forever, but it's a trilogy, and it's supposed to end that way. X-Men has been marketed as a trilogy, and I think it would be better if it stayed like that. If we just kept adding more and more movies, it would turn out like the old Batman movies.

you can't keep saying it just cause of Batman.

There is always a chance they can still be good.

There's a story up on SuperHero Hype! now (@ comingsoon.net) on the clip after the credits and how it came to be.

Are they still going to make a Magneto movie, or have they scrapped that idea completely?

ProjectX2 said:
Actually X-men 3 was never intended as a "triology" in fact originally the actors were only signed for two movies. They rarely look at it as okay this is a third one so we will end it here. LOTR is one story that couldnt be contained in one movie. In fact when they were looking for a studio they were intending to make to movies but everyone only was willing to do one movie (because its REALLY risky to have to be continues) until a guy at new line said "wasnt three books? there should be 3 movies." The way X-men is done, as well as most franchises, was to not say "the end" but leave an opening vague enough to build a sequel off of. If X3 makes enough money and if most of the cast and crew are willing to return they will continue it. If the second one didnt do well they probably wouldnt of made a third one. And Vinnie Jone's contract he was signed to do X-men 4-6. Plus remember the Batman movies went bad with the third one.

I think they will continue it (if enough people return) Hopefully they give it the time nessecary to make it better. I wouldnt mind it if it wasnt Ratner and they have a better draft and bring back Cyclops (which they could totally do) I always say if they have a great idea, go for it.

Last edited:
Honestly, Ratner did a fine job and although I'd love to see Singer return for X4, I'd be fine with Ratner staying on board.

But I demand the following things from the next flick:

- Cyclops, alive and a main character(at least as important as he was in the first one)

- Nightcrawler returns

- Beast returns

- Angel and Collosus are main characters, and Angel does NOT become Archangel. No metal wings or blue skin ever.

Planet-man said:
Honestly, Ratner did a fine job and although I'd love to see Singer return for X4, I'd be fine with Ratner staying on board.

But I demand the following things from the next flick:

- Cyclops, alive and a main character(at least as important as he was in the first one)

- Nightcrawler returns

- Beast returns

- Angel and Collosus are main characters, and Angel does NOT become Archangel. No metal wings or blue skin ever.
Well, good thing you're in such a powerful position that you can do that, eh? o_O

I doubt Nightcrawler will ever returnat least not the actor, I recall him saying he'll never do the that make up again and I dont think him and Singer got along.

Hey, that was kinda fun!

Went with the spouse, who has no X-background (not that mine is so great either, I read the first Dark Phoenix saga and I've read Whedon's Astonishing and not much else), nor has he seen the first 2 X-Men movies and he was amused, although occasionally lost. Neither of us were looking for anything other than flash with our pitcher of movie-theater beer. All in all, it beat watching football or baseball....

I was surprised at the "X-Carnage" between the dead and depowered characters and didn't believe the first couple of "deaths" ("c'mon, where is he REALLY, he can't be dead....").

Some amusing lines, nothing particularly deep or philosophical, except the plot requiring Xavier to be a hypocrite not once but twice, which was wince-inducing. I understand why they felt the need to set upo so many subplots at the beginning but it felt astonishingly jump-heavy, to the point of distraction. Some of the scenes had me puzzling over why they bothered to put them in (although those scenes tended to be the ones with little to no special effects, so I guess the answer is obvious).

Kitty stole the show, definitely, though Juggernaut came close. Wolverine and Hank McCoy got some amusing lines, though the casting of Hank fell apart once they got to the action sequences. Madrox was also quite amusing. And wasn't Warren Worthington the III supposed to be cute? So NOT cute here, and the wings never looked particularly good, not like PinCushion Boy with the amusing chin tattoo (clearly he has an issue about not being able to grow facial hair...) and the spikey quills. Great special effects for Dark Phoenix, the neon-red hair and the inhuman-looking face.

Halle Berry can't act her way out of a wet loose straw bale, which is, not coincidentally, what her hair looked like. Although I think straw might have more texture and life.

Not bad, and there is no way I believe this is the end of the franchise, not with this kind of box office take.

Saw this tonight, and I thought it was pretty damn good.

I loved Beast, Kitty, and Juggy. Angel was ok, I didn't like the guy's face. And I was surprized by the Toad cameo. Kinda pissed about Cyke, but I've known that was coming, and I never took a shine to Marsden, so ehh.

Fanboygasm moments:
-ICEMAN ICES UP!!:D
-Juggs beating the bejeezus out of wolverine
-Multiple Man
-Fastball Special
-Sentinal in the Danger Room:D

Fanboygasm moments that I wish were in the movie:
-Collosus fighting Juggernaught!!!
-Iceman using ice slides

i went and saw this with my cousins, and i didn't feel like reading 12 pages worth of posts soo....

the moive as a whole, was a lot better than i expected, the only things that sorta pissed me off was that there was no acknoldgement between Juggs and Pro. X. 1/2 brothers and nothing....near the end when Jean is tearing litteraly turning people into ash, i was laughing. i couldn't help it. i just thought it was funny.

Hibiki said:
Saw the movie...one response.

I'm the Juggernaut, *****!!!

when that line came up, my first responce was....Im the Juggernaut ^%@$(

after reading the full credits list i didn't remember seeing 1/2 these people...
the full list
mainly:
Kea Wong .... Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
Ken Leung .... Kid Omega
Shauna Kain .... Theresa Rourke Cassidy/Siryn
Mei Melançon .... Psylocke (as Mei Melançon)

nigma said:
the moive as a whole, was a lot better than i expected, the only things that sorta pissed me off was that there was no acknoldgement between Juggs and Pro. X. 1/2 brothers and nothing...
:roll: See that's the thing that irks me. I'm sorry but I feel like it's so... ugh. You do realize the only reason Cain Marko and Charles Xavier were related in the comics was because it was "cool" back then to make everyone connected through the branches of the family tree. Having these two related is a terrible concept in contemporary times.

As a fanboy, this should be the least of your worries with this film.

TheManWithoutFear said:
:roll: See that's the thing that irks me. I'm sorry but I feel like it's so... ugh. You do realize the only reason Cain Marko and Charles Xavier were related in the comics was because it was "cool" back then to make everyone connected through the branches of the family tree. Having these two related is a terrible concept in contemporary times.

As a fanboy, this should be the least of your worries with this film.

i don't have Cains bio in front of me, but wasn't Charles the reason he became the big behemoth?

there were other problems but this was the one that just stood out at me, and for the other problems....i'll view them like the rest. with a shrug of the shoulder and a tilt of the head.

Latest posts

Back