X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
roguefan said:
It's reasons like this that people don't really likeyou that much. Constructive criticism remember.
orly.jpg
*shrugs* It's a crap idea that tries to essentially undo the entirety of X-3. I don't believe in kissing ***. People aren't pushed to create better ideas and think more logically if they believe that the first idea they spew is the best thing since sliced bread. All criticism that deals directly with the subject matter is constructive; telling someone their idea sucks beyond redemption allows them to step back and look at the idea and potentially generate something better. That's constructive.

If you understood the difference between actual constructive criticism and ***-kissing, perhaps you wouldn't have had that seven-page tantrum last time you tried to write a story.

Last edited:
Gadzookie said:
anyone else think hugh jackman was a horriable wolverine ?

he seemed too tall and wtf is up with his hairdo ? looks like they glued a afro to his head and shaved down the middle !

isnt wolverine 5'3 in the comics and just dam badass !

If anything Jackman is pretty much my favourite version of Wolverine ever.

Planet-man said:
If anything Jackman is pretty much my favourite version of Wolverine ever.
True that. I really didn't mind the height because my first exposure to Wolverine was UXM, where he's a bunch taller. Besides, where are you going to find a great actor that's 5'3"?

Gadzookie said:
anyone else think hugh jackman was a horriable wolverine ?

he seemed too tall and wtf is up with his hairdo ? looks like they glued a afro to his head and shaved down the middle !

isnt wolverine 5'3 in the comics and just dam badass !
You read Ultimate X-Men?

Also, so what if he's taller? The height isn't what makes Wolverine.

Ice said:
Also, so what if he's taller? The height isn't what makes Wolverine.
People look at me funny for saying Storm wasn't black enough but everyone *****es about Jackman's height. :roll:

jtg3885 said:
People look at me funny for saying Storm wasn't black enough but everyone *****es about Jackman's height. :roll:
She really didn't play the part right, and couldn't even keep the accent she was supposed to have, as much as that was bad on its own.

Planet-man: "If anything Jackman is pretty much my favourite version of Wolverine ever."

jtg3885 said:
True that. I really didn't mind the height because my first exposure to Wolverine was UXM, where he's a bunch taller. Besides, where are you going to find a great actor that's 5'3"?
Maybe there's a great 5'3" actor out there who you haven't heard of because he can't get leading man parts because he's 5'3".

Unknowns can be good. Hugh Jackman was also practically an unknown till he got the part. He's my favourite Wolverine too.

So I guess it all worked out for the best.

David Blue said:
Planet-man: "If anything Jackman is pretty much my favourite version of Wolverine ever."

Maybe there's a great 5'3" actor out there who you haven't heard of because he can't get leading man parts because he's 5'3".

Unknowns can be good. Hugh Jackman was also practically an unknown till he got the part. He's my favourite Wolverine too.

So I guess it all worked out for the best.
When I read that my first thought was thank god we didn't get a buffed up Tom Cruise as Wolverine. That would have made me run Singer over with my car.

jtg3885 I got no problems with what you said about my idea as i expected some people to hate but i have this to say

The idea was not undoing everything in III. It was setting things back to how they were in 2 and 3 sure but using 3 for some character changes. E.g Magneto as a good guy. Because if they make 4 they will have to do that as in the end there was very few people left from first 2 movies.

As for "Worthington wouldn't actually TEST the serum before announcing it to the world and giving it to the military and stuff" He might of tested it but no one would know how it would react as each mutant is diffrent. There is no way he could know the long term effects given each mutant = diffrent ect... so it's possible for it to wear off.

The "Even though Sentinels don't exist outside the Danger Room, and Magneto would most likely be beyond furious at humans for weakening him" no nesiserly. In X-II the game which is ment to fill the gaps I saw sentinal pics on ign.com , Plus they might of based them on Something in danger room right?

Magneto might not be mad as sure humans did it to him but it would not of gotten out of hand if it was not for HIS war. Its a reasonable thing that he now sees what the war does and wants to help the x-men or somthing.

"Ah yes, because seeing a boy you like kissing another girl is the PERFECT reason to totally change your personality and become evil" Actually it is a good reason. Jelious + love are very powerful emotions. If you saw a guy kissing your girlfriend/wife would you not want to kill him? Rouge would see it and hate them and want them dead. Plus what hate the x-men for letting it go on.

jtg3885 said:

DANNY DEVITO !

any when colossus finally spoke he had a american accent ! WTF ! i was just waiting for him to say comrade !

also in the ultimate xmen wolverine is pretty much the same except he is 5'8

Hugh jackman is like 6'1 and he was horriable as wolverine he talked wayyyyyy to much wovlerine doesnt talk all that crap and have feelings ! lol

Last edited:
Gadzookie said:
Hugh jackman is like 6'1 and he was horriable as wolverine he talked wayyyyyy to much wovlerine doesnt talk all that crap and have feelings ! lol
Question:

Do you know anything about Wolverine in 616?

Also, Jackman is the perfect Wolverine. Can't see anyone else filling that role and doing it right.

I see a whole lotta posts over the last couple pages......but all I hear is a whole lotta "wah wah wah".

Klunk....... :x

I don't understand all this "Jackman is the best Wolverine ever" talk. How many people have played Wolverine besides Jackman? :? :wink:

ProjectX2 said:
I don't understand all this "Jackman is the best Wolverine ever" talk. How many people have played Wolverine besides Jackman? :? :wink:
It's just about imganing other actors doing the Wolverine part.

sjmole said:
The idea was not undoing everything in III. It was setting things back to how they were in 2 and 3 sure but using 3 for some character changes. E.g Magneto as a good guy. Because if they make 4 they will have to do that as in the end there was very few people left from first 2 movies.
And that's bad why? There ARE more characters in the X-Men universe than the small section they used for the movies. Hell, until this movie, we hadn't even seen all five of the original X-Men in one movie and they were never even on screen together in this one. But meh, aside from Magneto being good, yes, you are basically trying to wave a magic wand and pretend X-3 doesn't exist.
sjmole said:
As for "Worthington wouldn't actually TEST the serum before announcing it to the world and giving it to the military and stuff" He might of tested it but no one would know how it would react as each mutant is diffrent. There is no way he could know the long term effects given each mutant = diffrent ect... so it's possible for it to wear off.
Like I said, you don't think they would have waited until they knew? I'm sure that the military and mutants who wanted to give up their powers would have been REAL thrilled if even one-in-four regained their powers.
sjmole said:
The "Even though Sentinels don't exist outside the Danger Room, and Magneto would most likely be beyond furious at humans for weakening him" no nesiserly. In X-II the game which is ment to fill the gaps I saw sentinal pics on ign.com , Plus they might of based them on Something in danger room right?
And even if we want to use the game as factual regarding the movies... if there WERE Sentinels, don't you think they might have been rolled out when... gee... I dunno... Magneto and the Phoenix started laying waste to everything in their path?
sjmole said:
Magneto might not be mad as sure humans did it to him but it would not of gotten out of hand if it was not for HIS war. Its a reasonable thing that he now sees what the war does and wants to help the x-men or somthing.
Uh... he's a survivor of a Nazi death camp. The humans came up with a way to eliminate his species, just like the Nazis did, and he was affected by it. In what world are you living in that you don't think he'd be pissed off by that?
sjmole said:
"Ah yes, because seeing a boy you like kissing another girl is the PERFECT reason to totally change your personality and become evil" Actually it is a good reason. Jelious + love are very powerful emotions. If you saw a guy kissing your girlfriend/wife would you not want to kill him? Rouge would see it and hate them and want them dead. Plus what hate the x-men for letting it go on.
What the hell? They're an awkward teenage pair, not a serious adult relationship or a married couple. If teenagers went evil every time their relationship didn't work out the way they wanted, half of the teenagers in America would be evil.

"What the hell? They're an awkward teenage pair, not a serious adult relationship or a married couple. If teenagers went evil every time their relationship didn't work out the way they wanted, half of the teenagers in America would be evil."

dude they are lol

"Uh... he's a survivor of a Nazi death camp. The humans came up with a way to eliminate his species, just like the Nazis did, and he was affected by it. In what world are you living in that you don't think he'd be pissed off by that?"

Good point I can give you that i just thought magneto good was a cool idea as some people are getting sick of him as a villan.

"Like I said, you don't think they would have waited until they knew? I'm sure that the military and mutants who wanted to give up their powers would have been REAL thrilled if even one-in-four regained their powers."

Yes but there have been govement/military **** ups before why not this time?

"And even if we want to use the game as factual regarding the movies... if there WERE Sentinels, don't you think they might have been rolled out when... gee... I dunno... Magneto and the Phoenix started laying waste to everything in their path?"

Maybe the sentinals had been destroyed and during III they were been repaired. Or they figure their "cure" was fool proof and would stop anyone.

"And that's bad why? There ARE more characters in the X-Men universe than the small section they used for the movies. Hell, until this movie, we hadn't even seen all five of the original X-Men in one movie and they were never even on screen together in this one. But meh, aside from Magneto being good, yes, you are basically trying to wave a magic wand and pretend X-3 doesn't exist."

I know there is more X-men but you have to see it from a film stand point. If a sequal is an entirly diffrent cast or 90% of original cast are gone then the movie flops as a rule. And again not undoing using it for more character develements and set ups e.g scott back to set up mr sinister.

jtg3885 said:
What the hell? They're an awkward teenage pair, not a serious adult relationship or a married couple. If teenagers went evil every time their relationship didn't work out the way they wanted, half of the teenagers in America would be evil.

Of course they're a serious relationship! If not, would Rogue have had the cure so they could touch?

roguefan said:
Of course they're a serious relationship! If not, would Rogue have had the cure so they could touch?
Because she doesn't actually want to never be able to touch anyone?

Latest posts

Back