X-Men: The Last Stand discussion !!!SPOILERS!!!

How would you rate X3

• Total voters
nigma said:
after reading the full credits list i didn't remember seeing 1/2 these people...
the full list
mainly:
Kea Wong .... Jubilation Lee/Jubilee
Ken Leung .... Kid Omega
Shauna Kain .... Theresa Rourke Cassidy/Siryn
Mei Melançon .... Psylocke (as Mei Melançon)
Jubilee has been in all three movies, the asian chick in the background at the mansion. Kid Omega was the guy with the spikes on his face (The naming there has been complained throughout the thread), and Psylocke was the asian chick with purple hair in the brotherhood (always with Kid Omega and Callisto)

There were a lot of cool cameos that I picked out in this film. For one thing, Toad was in the scene where the mutants were gathering in a church... As well as Blob, too. I thought that was kinda cool. Also, I thought I saw Sunspot (The mutant that look like he was covered in lava soot) spewing fire from his mouth in the final battle. There were probably a lot more that I am not remembering at the moment, but those that I did I knew were cool.

Goodwill said:
There were a lot of cool cameos that I picked out in this film. For one thing, Toad was in the scene where the mutants were gathering in a church... As well as Blob, too. I thought that was kinda cool. Also, I thought I saw Sunspot (The mutant that look like he was covered in lava soot) spewing fire from his mouth in the final battle. There were probably a lot more that I am not remembering at the moment, but those that I did I knew were cool.
I'm not sure that was Toad, exactly. And that was sure not Blob. Also, I doubt that was Sunspot. His power isnt lava fire.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:

The Toad guy was Anole. And the guy you thought was Blob was Phat. The lava guy was probably some generic mutant.

TheManWithoutFear said:
My question is, was the guy with the Omega Tattoo in the forrest Omega Red?
The guy who was throwing bones? I thought that was a man version of Marrow. Which wasn't a stretch for me to believe after I saw how they changed Callisto. I thought the movie was good 8/10. I missed the credit scene. Sounds like that would've made the movie even cooler, maybe. The fact that they had the balls to kill off Jean, Cyke and Chuck really made this movie better, because it caught me by surprise. I really did not see it coming. The Superman preview looked kinda cool. But the Ghost Rider one was FIRE. Make Mine Marvel.

Synch said:
The guy who was throwing bones? I thought that was a man version of Marrow. Which wasn't a stretch for me to believe after I saw how they changed Callisto. I thought the movie was good 8/10. I missed the credit scene. Sounds like that would've made the movie even cooler, maybe. The fact that they had the balls to kill off Jean, Cyke and Chuck really made this movie better, because it caught me by surprise. I really did not see it coming. The Superman preview looked kinda cool. But the Ghost Rider one was FIRE. Make Mine Marvel.

No not that guy. It was a quick scene in the forrest and they show the side profile of the mutant after they find things are astir with Logan there and he's got an Omega Tattoo on his neck.

They didn't have the "balls" to kill these characters off. They tried to hard to move the movie into a different direction. And the scene at the end wasn't worth it just like the deaths. They had to bring Chuck back because they only reason they killed him was to get him out of the way for this movie. Him and Cyclops were the front runners in getting to Jean in the end and they wanted to make Wolverine the star.

And The Ghost Rider trailer better than Superman? :noway: :noway: :noway:

You know what else I didn't like. The "Pheonix". So Jean's The Pheonix like she's always been and they had to strip it away of a few things to make it adapt to the film. I like that. I like taking away any alien thing and making more realistic but I don't think it was done right here. I mean Jean formed a split personality and made a name for it, called The Phoenix? Where'd she come up with that? What really bothered me was there was no hint in the previous films that Jean had any sort of split personality. There hints that there was a greater power and if she emerged as Pheonix a seperate entity who was without conscious, I'd totally except that. But all we got was a good twin/bad twin syndrome. Stupid.

splurd

I am about to spoil the **** out of X3. This should be read by anyone who's going to see it so they don't have to actually go see it.

Professor X: Jean, Magnito and I are flashing back to tell you you're this movie's major plot device.
Jean: Okay!
Angel: Dad don't come in! I'm masturbating!
Angel's Dad: No you're not! You're a mutant who's sawing your wings off and I know it!
Collosus: I'm SHINY!
Wolverine: ROAR!
Storm: Nonsensical attempt at wittiness.
Shadowcat: I like Iceman cuz he's cool and nice OMGYEY!
Iceman: I love rogue, Shadowcat's just my friend.
Rogue: I'm a freak! Angst!
Cyclops: Jeans dead! Angst!
Wolverine: Get over it, Scott.
Cyclops: Angst! ANGST!!
Professor X: Now class, take a look at this guy in a coma. He'll be this movie's McGuffin.
Cyclops: JEEAAAAN!
Jean: Hi I'm not dead!
Cyclops: YEY! :)
Jean Gray: Whoops I'm the Phoenix now!
Cyclops: I'm ded from coke. :(
Beast: I'm Blueberry George Washington.
President: I know.
Scientist: We cured mutant!
A bunch of Mutants: Yey!
A bunch of Mutants: Boo!
Storm: I stole Wolverine's Angst YEY!
Wolverine: M'eh.
Magnito: You are a poorly cast representation of the morlocks and you'll be my *****es this movie.
Morlocks: YEY!
Calisto: I have absolutely nothing to do with the cannon of my namesake. Where's your tattoo.
Magnito: I'm Jewish and Nazis are bad.
Mystique: I'm caught. :(
Magnito: You're free! :)
Mystique: I'm not mutant anymore!
Magnito: Pissoff.
Mystique: Naked angst. :(
Magnito: Juggernaught, Multiple man, you're my *****es.
Juggernaught: I'm British and a mutant, destroying all cannon about my character.
Magnito: Good. Come along.
Caliso: OMG Jean!
Magnito: OMG WHERE!
Jean Gray: Roar!
Professor X: I'm ded from coke. :(
Wolverine: Roar!
Juggernaught: Smash!
Woverine: Ow! :(
Woverine: Jeans' in the forest!
Magnito: Roar!
Woverine: Ow! :(
Government: Magnito's in the forest!
Multiple Man: Neener!
Magnito: All your bridge are belong to me!
Government: We got plastic weapons!
Magnito: My catchphrase is fail.
Storm: Roar!
Wolverine: Roar!
Colossus: Roar!
Beat: Roar!
Iceman: Roar!
Shadowcat: Squeak!
Caliso: Roar!
Juggernaught: Roar!
Magnito: Mwa ha ha.
Pyro: Anger! Rage! Darkside! Must kill obi-wan!
Magnito: Patience, my apprentice.
Juggernaught: Hackneyed pop-Internet reference!
Shadowcat: Let's fight him by continuing to break cannon!
Leech: Okay!
Juggernaught: Ow my head.
Magnito: Flaming Cars!
Pyro: Flaming Cars!
Iceman: No ****ing Way!
Pyro: I'm Fire! ROAR!
Iceman: I'm Ice! ROAR!
Pyro: Ow my head. :(
Iceman: Ha ha noob.
Magnito: I rule.
Beast: Nope!
Magnito: I'm human!
Wolverine: HA ha pwned!
Jean Gray: ROAR!
Everyone else: OH NOES!
Jean Gray: I take people apart atomically.
Wolverine: I heal to fast for that!
Jean Gray: I'm ded from coke. :(
Wolverine: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Angel: I saved my dad.
Angel's Dad: YEY!
Angel: Look I'm seagull man!
Angel's Dad: YEY!
Beast: I'm blueberry George Washington.
Storm: We know.
Rogue: I'm normal now.
Iceman: Was Rogue even in this movie?
Wolverine: I'm everyone's favorite character.

And they all lived happily ever after and everyone that died or lost their power didn't really. Then end.

Don't spend money on this movie. I give it 3.5 glasses of whiskey.

TheManWithoutFear said:
You know what else I didn't like. The "Pheonix". So Jean's The Pheonix like she's always been and they had to strip it away of a few things to make it adapt to the film. I like that. I like taking away any alien thing and making more realistic but I don't think it was done right here. I mean Jean formed a split personality and made a name for it, called The Phoenix? Where'd she come up with that? What really bothered me was there was no hint in the previous films that Jean had any sort of split personality. There hints that there was a greater power and if she emerged as Pheonix a seperate entity who was without conscious, I'd totally except that. But all we got was a good twin/bad twin syndrome. Stupid.

I agree with that totally...

She could have at LEAST made a giant Fire Bird or something at the end to make SOME connection with her Namesake... but noooooooo. Its not that she's Pheonix because she's back from the dead, because Prof. X has ALWAYS known her other personality was "The Pheonix", and its not that she has any birdlike movement or anything to do with the mythology or the comic book incarnations.

The way they handled her would be better if we're supposed to ignore that her eyes lit up in fire and her hair was becoming fire when she exerted her powers in X2, but there was NO reason to call her other identity Pheonix. I would have been happier had it been Madelyne or something along those lines ... (or nothing at all... Other personalities don't necessarily have diff't names).

The handling of Pheonix was my biggest problem with the movie...

Which I just got back from seeing again.

Newsarama said:
After months of lukewarm to outright Apocalyptically bad predictions of its opening performance, X-Men: The Last Stand shook off thoughts of doom and gloom by hauling in the biggest Memorial Day opening weekend ever, an estimated four-day (Friday-Monday) total of $120 million. The previous record holder for the four-day weekend was Shrek 2 in 2004 with $96.6 million.

The opening for the third installment in theX-Men film franchise continued the trend with each earning more than the previous film. X2 opened with $85.6 million, while X-Men opened with $54.5 million – both were non-holiday weekend openings, although, comparing a three-day Last Stand against its previous two films, it still topped them both with $103.1 million.

The Last Stand had a budget reported to be somewhere between $165 and $200-plus million, a figure which it now appears the film will most likely recoup in domestic box office alone.

Along with the weekend, as previously reported, The Last Stand now ranks at the second biggest opening day of all time, with a $45.5 million box office on Friday, trailing Star Wars III at $50 million. The box office only saw a 29% drop between Friday and Saturday, and the studio reports that the audience had a 50/50 male/female mix, with 50% under 25 years old.

An Update on the Movie's sales.

Ice said:
That's actually a bit funny.
It was hilarious.

And plus, it reminded me of the scene with Jaime Madrox, where he's in the forest and the soldiers come in. I actually thought that was one of the highlights of the movie. A really great idea for a scene.

After seeing it again for the 2nd time.....I still have to say the best scene of the movie IMO was when Iceman "iced up".

God....so great.

I saw it two more times today.

My fave scene is the danger room. that sentianls head looks awsome the whole movie is good.

After seeing it 2 more times so 3 in all (had to take my lil cousin once and mmy mate wanted to see it at night lol) I'm changing my review from 3.5 to 4 out of 5

Juggs still annoys me what they did but 2nd and 3rd time i was less disapointed with it so it added to movie

saw it for a second time last night. still great.
i told 2 hot girls who were leaving that there was a scene after the credits. they were quite grateful but not grateful in the way i would have liked :wink: . i guess if that extra scene was a bit more exciting or something i might have taken those hotties home

I just saw it.

Pretty good. Probably better than the previous two, but then again, I'm not a big fan of those.

I wanted an explanation to where Nightcrawler was - and I don't want to read a book or play a game to find him.

Magneto was awesome, Shadowcat was hot, Jean is super powerful.

I'm guessing we'll be seeing a fourth one, and I hope the villain ISN'T Magneto.

I just calculated the average rating and it's 3.75 stars. That's pretty good, considering this crowd's reaction before the movie came out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back