Xbox 360

Your wrong moonmaster. Computers never say, "kind of." They spellcheck so it would know when it's making a syntax error. And everyone knows syntax errors are like kryptonite to computers.

Last edited:
I enjoy it.

And I can't build my own computer because I don't need that.

But why would you buy a pre-made okay gaming machine that more likely than not will have a god awful technical support when you could build a legendary, god like, gaming machine that will have the best tech support in the world - the internet?

Oh, and come on. Fallout 3 has so many things wrong with it, I can't even start. How can you like it? HOW? It's like easting crap. Why would you want to?

But why would you buy a pre-made okay gaming machine that more likely than not will have a god awful technical support when you could build a legendary, god like, gaming machine that will have the best tech support in the world - the internet?

Oh, and come on. Fallout 3 has so many things wrong with it, I can't even start. How can you like it? HOW? It's like easting crap. Why would you want to?
You really have to learn that not everyone is going to like what you like. :?

You know, I hate to dig this argument up again, and though I have little to no experience with XBL, but I know it's not a social networking service like Facebook, Myspace, or Nexopia there are certain things someone should absolutley not post on it. Especially things that have little to nothing to do with someone's gaming activities, I get that you're proud of who you are, and so on, but honestly what does it have to do with what you're using the service for?

Am I saying that Microsoft is in the right? no, but come on I don't tell the clerks at my videostore my medical problems

You know, I hate to dig this argument up again, and though I have little to no experience with XBL, but I know it's not a social networking service like Facebook, Myspace, or Nexopia there are certain things someone should absolutley not post on it. Especially things that have little to nothing to do with someone's gaming activities, I get that you're proud of who you are, and so on, but honestly what does it have to do with what you're using the service for?

Am I saying that Microsoft is in the right? no, but come on I don't tell the clerks at my videostore my medical problems

you should, you could get a free rental.

You really have to learn that not everyone is going to like what you like. :?

It is when everything they like is dumbed down crap and is just a further example of how the videogame industry is falling.

But I suppose justice is coming. Both EA and Bethseda Soft. suffered major losses this year.

Fallout 3, I think it's a beautiful game. There are a lot of really weird things that I consider to be wrong with it, mostly to do with sometimes inexplicable character AI(just walking off of ledges or falling dead for no reason or getting shot in the face five times with no reaction and then getting cleany decapitated by the next shot, to name a few), but overall it's one of the most striking, atmospheric and immersive games I've played. You really feel like you're there.

I'm not sure how far I got during the week I rented it, but it was far enough to tell I want to see it through. I don't know how much he's already played, but on the whole I think Houde will love it. Sometimes I'll still just think of the line "It's a dangerous place.... out there in the wastes" and just pause and rheuminate on it for a moment. Beautiful.

"Because while people don't always remember, the land never forgets".

Last edited:
Well, I couldn't find it immersive because it really wasn't. It wasn't a world. It was a poorly crafted slab of land. They copy and pasted so many areas. The AI is horrid. The facial animation is bad. They are just talking heads - their bodies DO NOT MOVE. You move when you talk. You scratch your necks, or rub your fingers. You walk around, trace the lines of a cup.

The gameplay itself was horrid.

The graphics were good, I'll give you that.

How can computers work after 200 years, especially after a nuclear holocaust?

Why is the story so bad?

Why can I get to the nearest town just a mere 15 minutes after I get out of the town?

Why is the dialogue so bad?

Where are the choices and consequences?

Why is the plot so bad?

Why did they made the Brotherhood of Steel so retarded?

Why? Why? Why?

Last edited:

Don't have the drive/money/need to build a gaming computer. I play video games around one night a week at a friends house. That's all.

So I don't need this.

I find it fun. I enjoy the game. What can I say? I haven't even followed the story yet. I've played the thing for a few hours now, and I haven't even tried, because I don't care.

I'm enjoying killing random people and being a badass at doing it.

Fallout 3, I think it's a beautiful game. There are a lot of really weird things that I consider to be wrong with it, mostly to do with sometimes inexplicable character AI(just walking off of ledges or falling dead for no reason or getting shot in the face five times with no reaction and then getting cleany decapitated by the next shot, to name a few), but overall it's one of the most striking, atmospheric and immersive games I've played. You really feel like you're there.

I'm not sure how far I got during the week I rented it, but it was far enough to tell I want to see it through. I don't know how much he's already played, but on the whole I think Houde will love it. Sometimes I'll still just think of the line "It's a dangerous place.... out there in the wastes" and just pause and rheuminate on it for a moment. Beautiful.

"Because while people don't always remember, the land never forgets".

See, he gets it. And when we agree on something, that's pretty messed up.

Well, I couldn't find it immersive because it really wasn't. It wasn't a world. It was a poorly crafted slab of land. They copy and pasted so many areas. The AI is horrid. The facial animation is bad. They are just talking heads - their bodies DO NOT MOVE. You move when you talk. You scratch your necks, or rub your fingers. You walk around, trace the lines of a cup.

I'm sorry you need your games to be super-realistic. I'm quite happy with how everything works.

How can computers work after 200 years, especially after a nuclear holocaust?

Rebuilt from the Vaults I'm assuming. They were protected against EMP that a nuke would emit. And plus, all you need for a computer to work is circuits and electricity. Which would be easy to reinstate.

Why is the story so bad?

Don't know, haven't felt the need to follow it. Currently though I'm thinking about taking up the challenge of blowing up Megaton.

Why can I get to the nearest town just a mere 15 minutes after I get out of the town?

I fail to see your issue here. Your complaining because it doesn't take hours to get from one town to the next? That's odd. I hated Assassin's Creed cause of this, so much stupid time wasted walking from one area to another.

Why is the dialogue so bad?

Um...Cause it's a video game?

Where are the choices and consequences?

When you kill an innocent, you make a choice, and the consequence is the town tries to kill you.

When you kill traders, other traders sell you things for more money.

When you steal things from people, they attack you.

For example, my friend is playing a completely good character, hasn't killed anyone or stolen anything. And people just randomly give him stuff, all the time.

My character is a *****. She kills every trader she finds. She blows people up, causes havoc in towns, kills children, the whole nine yards. I get nothing from everyone, and people charge me about twice the regular amount for goods.

There's the choices and consequences.

Why is the plot so bad?

I find it interesting. The parts I've seen anyways. I like how different vaults were used for different experiments and things. It's interesting.

Why did they made the Brotherhood of Steel so retarded?

Didn't even know they were in the game, haven't run into them yet.

Why? Why? Why?

Tantrum much?

I will give you almost all of the above. And yet.... it worked for me in spite of all those things.

See, I just enjoyed playing the game.

Well, you guys obviously have different expectations. You see, I want my games to be make sense. To have logic. To have a storyline that is either well written, or to be quirky enough to be unique in it's own way. An fine example of the first would be Planescape: Torment, and an example of the second would be Viewtiful Joe.

Fallout 3 did not succeed in meeting the expectations that Fallout 1 and 2 had given. It missed them by a long shot. That is one reason why I can't enjoy the game.

Because it is not Fallout. It is Beth. Soft's take on post apocalyptic settings. But it barely has the Fallout feel, the Fallout touch. It is a sequel in name only.

I want to have good dialogue in games because I have seen good, masterfully written, dialogue in games. Planescape: Torment has shown me that just mere text and words in a game can be art. That is why I criticize any game that has bad dialogue as Fallout 3. Because games should be better than that. If games are just about the fun, and not about the tale, we will never get a Citizen Kane of videogames. We will just get a bunch of 'Michael Bay' videogames. They are fun, but they mean nothing.

...Maybe I should just create a topic for my Fallout 3/videogames in general rant, so that I can stop derailing the topics.

Last edited:
You keep raving about Planescape.

What system is it for? Or is it computer based?

It is a computer game. It wouldn't work as a console game...mostly because most console players would get bored by it.

You know Okami? How it was so artistically beautiful?

Planescape: Torment is like that, except it is with the English language. Yes, it *is* that good.

It is very text heavy. You earn more XP through dialogue than you do through combat. There are only 4 instances in the entire game where you absolutley MUST kill something to advance.

The story will change your perspective of what games can be. You'll see why the standard fantasy setting is *so* boring after you play this game.

It's a great game.

I don't know if it will work on Vista. :/ It works on XP though!

There are a bunch of patches that unlock unfinished content, but the game is VERY enjoyable without them. They only add to the masterpiece.

Don't read anything on PS:T. Just torrent it, and play it.

And learn just what *can* change the nature of a man.

It is a computer game. It wouldn't work as a console game...mostly because most console players would get bored by it.

You know Okami? How it was so artistically beautiful?

Planescape: Torment is like that, except it is with the English language. Yes, it *is* that good.

It is very text heavy. You earn more XP through dialogue than you do through combat. There are only 4 instances in the entire game where you absolutley MUST kill something to advance.

The story will change your perspective of what games can be. You'll see why the standard fantasy setting is *so* boring after you play this game.

It's a great game.

I don't know if it will work on Vista. :/ It works on XP though!

There are a bunch of patches that unlock unfinished content, but the game is VERY enjoyable without them. They only add to the masterpiece.

Don't read anything on PS:T. Just torrent it, and play it.

And learn just what *can* change the nature of a man.

It's good. It's not that good.

But, aside from that, I'm having the damnedest time streaming video and music from my computer through my Xbox. The computer is running on Vista Basic, can read the Xbox on the network just fine and has sharing opened. But whenever I try to connect from the Xbox to the computer, it can't find it; and when I try to connect to Media Player from the Xbox, it keeps giving me a code to plug in, but I can't find a place in Media Player to input it.

It's good. It's not that good.

But, aside from that, I'm having the damnedest time streaming video and music from my computer through my Xbox. The computer is running on Vista Basic, can read the Xbox on the network just fine and has sharing opened. But whenever I try to connect from the Xbox to the computer, it can't find it; and when I try to connect to Media Player from the Xbox, it keeps giving me a code to plug in, but I can't find a place in Media Player to input it.

there should be a sync button

On a positive note, I can now modify the BenQ drives as well, so I can now make all Xbox 360's able to play copied games! :D
These also play fine on xbox live.... if you got some computer knowledge, I can teach ya!

Latest posts

Back