Xbox 360

Im not a fan of Microsoft,i hear that the 360 can overheat and the "Ring of Death" can appear.

That's a huge exaggeration.

360 heats yes but not as bad people say

Red ring of death as they call it happens once or twice and can be fixed but after hearing it Nintendo fanboys and sony fanboys flooded the xbox messages boards ect... with it.

That's a huge exaggeration.

360 heats yes but not as bad people say

I have one. I heat my living room with it.

Seriously. It gets really hot.

BUT - I've never had it malfunction. I have 2 laptops that get extremely hot too, and never had a problem with them. Some devices just run hot.

As for the HD - as I understand it, you DO have to have it to play *some* XBox games. As in, any that have had required software updates, or new games that were added after the initial batch. But I could be misunderstanding - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And if you're willing to wait, I might recommend holding out for the 100 GB drive. I don't have ANY songs on my 20 GB drive, just demos, and it's almost full. Doesn't take much at all.

Anyways anybody getting the new upgrade?

thinking about it.....

Now that E confirmed that you need the HD to play the old Xbox games I think I might as well get the elite and take advantage of the HDMI port and my HDTV. Still I'm not sure I'll play it enough to get my money's worth, there's only a handfull of games I want to play.

I have one. I heat my living room with it.

Seriously. It gets really hot.

BUT - I've never had it malfunction. I have 2 laptops that get extremely hot too, and never had a problem with them. Some devices just run hot.

As for the HD - as I understand it, you DO have to have it to play *some* XBox games. As in, any that have had required software updates, or new games that were added after the initial batch. But I could be misunderstanding - feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

And if you're willing to wait, I might recommend holding out for the 100 GB drive. I don't have ANY songs on my 20 GB drive, just demos, and it's almost full. Doesn't take much at all.

yeah it does get hot but not as hot as some make out

What you were on about with the hd was Live. Live gives you updates for backwards compatible not HD. But Hd is still nice

on my 20 GB drive I have a few demos a lot of videos and at lot of saves and a good bit of music and still have 3-5 gb free

100 GB drive is good though but you can always buy normal premium get 20gb then buy the 100gb one later

What you were on about with the hd was Live. Live gives you updates for backwards compatible not HD. But Hd is still nice

HD = hard drive, not hi-def.

Ahhhhhhhh sorry that's my bad

Normally HD = Hi-Def

Agreed, but OP asked if HD was needed to play XBox games - thought it was obvious they meant hard drive since hi-def wouldn't have made any sense.

Umm....I still stuck on something.

IF an XBox 360 is turned on and the person leaves the room, will it still blow up by overheating?

Last edited:
Agreed, but OP asked if HD was needed to play XBox games - thought it was obvious they meant hard drive since hi-def wouldn't have made any sense.

yeah i thought he meant did you need Hi-Def , I've been asked that before if you needed a hd tv to play xbox 360? do you need HD if you only play xbox games?

but yeah my bad and sorry if I confused anyone

Umm....I still stuck on something.

IF an XBox 360 is turned on and the person leaves the room, will it still blow up by overheating?

if my grandma falls and no ones around , does she make a noise?

Just got my new 360!

I can't wait to get off work and crack out! Oh wait I don't have any games:cry:

Any suggestions? I know gears of war is pretty tight but any advice would be helpful.

Dead Rising (great game a must have)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (great game don't know if you own it or not but 360 has extras to get via live e.g hulk)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (best rpg 360 has and one of the best ever)

Viva Pinata (just fun)

Saints Row (but with gta IV coming out this might be a rental only option)

Spider-Man 3 when it comes out (but you have ps3 so will most likely get ps3 collectors edition so then this might be a pointless pick)

Dead Rising (great game a must have)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (great game don't know if you own it or not but 360 has extras to get via live e.g hulk)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (best rpg 360 has and one of the best ever)

Viva Pinata (just fun)

Saints Row (but with gta IV coming out this might be a rental only option)

Spider-Man 3 when it comes out (but you have ps3 so will most likely get ps3 collectors edition so then this might be a pointless pick)

Thanks Mole! I'll check out Dead Rising and Viva Pinata for sure. Saints Row is a possibility, but I heard GTA is better so I might just wait for that.

I already picked up Oblivion on PS3 thanks to your advice a few weeks back (I'm over 98 hours in) and I'll be getting Spider-Man 3 for PS3 as well. Thanks again.

Thanks Mole! I'll check out Dead Rising and Viva Pinata for sure. Saints Row is a possibility, but I heard GTA is better so I might just wait for that.

I already picked up Oblivion on PS3 thanks to your advice a few weeks back (I'm over 98 hours in) and I'll be getting Spider-Man 3 for PS3 as well. Thanks again.

no problem dude

warning Viva Pinata is not for everyone as some view it as kiddy
If you've not seen it http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/817/817355.html

look at pictures and reviews ect... Pretty damn cool and very unique. IMO most creative game on 360

oh and if you have no played it I also recommend Lego star wars 2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back