Xbox 360

But, see, I thought ahead. When I bought mine, I had already heard about the ridiculous problems the 360 was having AND the amount of flak Microsoft Customer Support was giving to people wanting to have it repaired or replaced. So, I payed an extra 40 bucks at Best Buy for a two year warranty. If mine breaks, I get a new one. If that one breaks, I get a new one and so on and so forth until the warranty is up.

Yes but sod's law says that your 360 will break down exactly , 2 years 1 day after you got it.

Anyone noticed that? Things always break right after warranty expires. It's like it's planned !!!!

I'm going to get a 360 for my birthday. I need to obtain a Wii somewhere else.

The only major problem I've ever had was when I brought it over to my friend's house and we spent like an hour and a half, just getting it to work. We got the Red Ring Of Death like three times and at this point, I was just in a state of panic that my 360 was broken.

Eventually, we figured out that some schmuck had set it to 'HD'. :lol:

Why did I buy a 360?

40% Because of the price (It's a lot cheaper than I thought. Basically a cheaper access to Next-Gen gaming.)

20% Because of Dead Rising (I realised I had to have this game. Glad I had this realisation.)

...and finally, (and I'm very ashamed to admit this):

40% Because of Superman Returns: The Videogame... :(

Anyway, although I haven't had the same fun with the 360 that I used to have with my PS2 yet, I have high hopes that the summer will bring hours of gaming fun. I plan on getting Spider-Man 3 and Crackdown. Not to mention, I'm hoping to finally get the first two Halos and see what all the fuss is about.

So far, all I have is:

Dead Rising
Gears of War
TMNT (quite good, actually)
Superman Returns (****-RATS!)

Last edited:
Just a friendly warning.

If you plan on playing Xbox Live don't mod your 360.

Microsoft is blocking all modded 360s from Live.

Just so everyone knows.

Just curious, how are they catching this? And by modded, do you mean software or hardware?

Just curious, how are they catching this? And by modded, do you mean software or hardware?

Hardware. I'm not sure how they figure it out though. Maybe, some sort of diagnostics being executed during Xbox Live sign-in? If I find more info I'll post a link.

My Halo 3 beta will not work. Why do you not work, Halo 3 beta?? Do you hate me so much?

it was created not to work. Because now while your trying to figure it out your parking space isn't guarded :twisted:

So I saw what Microsoft showed off today at E3. And I have to say, I'm around 90% unimpressed with what they showed off. I could care less about PGR games, football games, basketball and golf games- all I find to be very boring and uneventful for me. It's as if it's too "normal" (for the lack of a better word); all just very meh.

On the other hand now, Assassin's Creed and the RPGs they displayed- awesomeness. I can't wait to play all these.

On the other hand now, Assassin's Creed and the RPGs they displayed- awesomeness. I can't wait to play all these.

Ditto. I'm definitely picking up Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect for my RPG fix, Halo 3 and BioShock for my FPS fix and Assassin's Creed for my action game fix. Oh, and Rock Band. Because that looks all kinds of awesome.

I'd add Resident Evil 5 to that, too, but Lord knows when the hell that game comes out. The trailer was awesome, though.

Last edited:
Ditto. I'm definitely picking up Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Mass Effect for my RPG fix and Halo 3 and BioShock for my FPS fix. Oh, and Rock Band. Because that looks all kinds of awesome.
My brother just downloaded the Blue Dragon demo. I LOVE the graphics. And it looks sweet overall. Mass Effect I can't wait to play either. Basically- Ditto for me too (minus Rock Band). :)

I'd add Resident Evil 5 to that, too, but Lord knows when the hell that game comes out. The trailer was awesome, though.
I can't wait to get RE4 for the Wii soon. It help for my RE fix for now. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for 5. :(

My parents surprised me and said that they wanted to get me the 360 for my birthday, but they also wanted to get it for me right away, so I could play with it all summer. It'll hopefully be around this week. I'm happy. I get to play Order of the Phoenix now.:D

My brother just downloaded the Blue Dragon demo. I LOVE the graphics. And it looks sweet overall. Mass Effect I can't wait to play either. Basically- Ditto for me too (minus Rock Band). :)

Thing about Rock Band is that we like to party at my place, and it's a great party game. But, I can understand why people wouldn't want it. Hell, the price alone could put anyone off.

I can't wait to get RE4 for the Wii soon. It help for my RE fix for now. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for 5. :(

BUY IT SOON! It's totally worth it. The controls took a little while to get used to, but it is SO. AWESOME. Hell, it'll be awesome to use the Wii Zapper with it!

From what I've seen of the E3 games there is some damn cool ones.

Electronic Arts / Steven Spielberg Project #1

One of a series of projects Electronic Arts is making with famed director Steven Spielberg. This project is a large-scale, story-based contemporary sci-fi action game for release on next-gen platforms that puts you in the leading role of an emotional journey where your actions tell the tale. Set against the backdrop of an epic story, the game focuses on a touching and ever-changing relationship between you and a mysterious female character who holds the key to many futures.

No pictures or real info on that but damn that sounds cool. And Spielberg doing the story? Hell yeah I'll be interested in that.

Other games I'm interested in that were shown and i've looked at (this is in no particular order)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat
GTA IV
Resident Evil 5
Scene It? (Comes with buzz style control pads and looks fun)
The Simpsons Game
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Thrillville: Off the Rails
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
Spider-Man: Friend or Foe
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2008
Assassin's Creed
The Club
Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon

My parents gave me my Xbox 360 yesterday, and also surprised me with Harry Potter 5 and Spider-Man 3 as a graduation present.:D

I'm saving Spidey 3 until I'm back in Spidey-mode(like when the DVD comes out), but I just started playing HP and it's AWESOME.

My parents gave me my Xbox 360 yesterday, and also surprised me with Harry Potter 5 and Spider-Man 3 as a graduation present.:D

I'm saving Spidey 3 until I'm back in Spidey-mode(like when the DVD comes out), but I just started playing HP and it's AWESOME.

that is very cool dude congrads. You going to be going live on it? If so post your code in the stickyed (thanks mods) gamer tags thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back