Xbox 360

Well, I suppose that's good news. Thanks.

But failure rate of these things is beyond ridiculous.

Several firms including iSuppli say the failure rate is between 16 - 21%

To counter that, they put the Wii and PS3 at around 3% which is within normal for personal electronics.

Last edited:
Several firms including iSuppli say the failure rate is between 16 - 21%

To counter that, they put the Wii and PS3 at around 3% which is within normal for personal electronics.

That sounds right. My friend Nathan sent his 360 out about a month after mine died. He finally gets his back and the damn thing dies right then and there and he has to send his new box out to get yet another one! He's third 360 has been working for two months now.

Any of you are better off getting it vamped up at a computer palce that'll fix it. There's a place i go to play games and they upgrades your xbox fans and all for about 50 bucks and if your xbox breaks again they'll fix it for free. From what i've been told, most problems stem from the fans not being compatible enough to support the system.

My XBox 360 died today. Red Ring of Death.

Pretty ****ty.

So I'm going to have to send it in to be fixed, and hope that they don't erase the contents of the minuscule hard drive.

I lost my console and my hard drive, but I got an Xbox Elite, with 100 GB more space and a free game for €50. :rockon:

I played around with Xbox Online today for the first time.

It's alright. It has lots more download options, but everything needs points. I'm unsure of where to get said points.

It connects to my files on my computer but only some. And it won't play the majority of them. And it sucks you can upload them.

I will probably get Gold Membership whenever I get around to getting Halo 3.

My name is TOG620.

I know, I was stunned.

This is unreal:

Microsoft knew it had flawed machines, but it did not delay its launch because it believed the quality problems would subside over time. With each new machine, the company figured it would ride the "learning curve," or continuously improve its production.

Meanwhile, "over time" people are getting screwed out of their $400 or whatever they paid for it. "Learning curve" - I can't believe the gall.

So, I'm gonna be asking Santa for a 360 this xmas, and i have two questions for the board.

1)What's the current status of the RRoD stuff? Has it been fixed for newer consoles?

2) Is there any difference between the 20G and 60G hard drive versions beyond the storage capacity? Do the larger hard drives provide processing power as well?

2) Is there any difference between the 20G and 60G hard drive versions beyond the storage capacity? Do the larger hard drives provide processing power as well?

I believe, at one point, the higher end consoles had HDMI out and the lower only had composite. This might have been a long time ago and doesn't apply now, I'm not sure. But the old Core (and I think Arcade) systems did not have HDMI out.

I believe, at one point, the higher end consoles had HDMI out and the lower only had composite. This might have been a long time ago and doesn't apply now, I'm not sure. But the old Core (and I think Arcade) systems did not have HDMI out.

Hmm. Sadly, that doesn't apply to me currently, cause I don't have an HDTV, but good to know, cause I wanna get one eventually.

Okay, looking to get a 360 soon, any game recommendations? Definitely getting Mass Effect and the Fable series.

Left 4 dead looks like it might be cool. Also, didn't you have a 360 already? Anyway, I've been told Tales of Vesperia was cool.

BioShock, Mass Effect definately, all three Halos. For Mass Effect I'd save it for when you want to just get into one game very seriously for fairly long, not if you want to just check out a bunch of different games at the same time just to try out the system.

Last edited:
BioShock, Mass Effect definately, all three Halos. For Mass Effect I'd save it for when you want to just get into one game very seriously for fairly long, not if you want to just check out a bunch of different games at the same time just to try out the system.

I already have Bioshock for the PS3, and I love long, involved games, and I loved BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic.

I'm pondering Gears of War

Latest posts

Back