Y: The Last Man - series discussion (spoilers)

And when this series ends and ten years from now people remember it. I'm sure everyone will be saying that it was good but the delays killed it. Get over it. You're lucky the ending isn't as near as you'd like it to be.

Get off your high horse and then pull the stick out of your ***, MWOF. No one is complaining about the delays on Y. All I was saying was that its now bi-monthly (at least for the near future). I don't like the idea of not getting a new issue of Y every month, only because its a great book (and more so because its my girlfriend's favorite and I have to listen to her complain when it doesn't come out every month...she's new to the whole comic world, so delays are also new to her).

Work on your reading comprehension. No one said the delays sucked. In fact, I myself said:

Thats cool. The bimonthly switch isn't a big deal to me. Like I said, it sucks not to get a new Y issue every month, but at the same time it delays the ending of this great series a bit, and its shipped very regularly and on-time for the past 5 years, so I can't complain.

In other words, it hasn't had Ultimates-level delays, so no biggie.

I'm hyped about the extra sized last issue, though!

Nowhere was there a complaint about the delays (though the "sucks not to get a new Y issue every month" line could have been taken that way, it was merely in response to how much I enjoy this title).

I even said I didn't mind the delays specifically because it would prolong the ending of the series, which in my mind is a good thing.

Seriously, man, you need to "get over" and tone down the self-righteousness!

People always complain about delays. It was directed solely at you DIrishB. I didn't quote you.

No one was complaining about delays in this thread. Seriously, this has to be the least complaint-laden page in the history of this site when even discussing the topic of delays.

The worst that was said was that it was too bad it was bimonthly as opposed to monthly, and a forgiving comparison in relation to stupidly delayed titles like the Ultimates/UWvs.H.

Point is, of all the threads to place that post of yours, you do it HERE?!?

Last edited:
It's a good series that has delays. I said it when I said it.

Right, but thats not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to you harping on people for complaining about delays, even though no one was really doing that in this thread.

There are plenty of other threads the following post would have been valid in:

TheManWithoutFear said:
And when this series ends and ten years from now people remember it. I'm sure everyone will be saying that it was good but the delays killed it. Get over it. You're lucky the ending isn't as near as you'd like it to be.

I'm just saying that by far this isn't one of them.

What an awesome book!

I cannot wait to see what happens next. How many more issues does this book have left? Like 5 or 6?

I'm so interested to see what happens to 355 more than anything.

Ooo. Volume 1 was pretty awesome. The premise is just so genius, and it looks like Vaughan has a thousand different angles on the "Unmanned" world. I'm not yet prepared to declare it better than Ex Machina, but I'm only five issues in.

And this is yet another comic that has to be made into a tv show. The premise alone would make it a hit.

Ooo. Volume 1 was pretty awesome. The premise is just so genius, and it looks like Vaughan has a thousand different angles on the "Unmanned" world. I'm not yet prepared to declare it better than Ex Machina, but I'm only five issues in.

It just gets better. Trust me.

I'm honestly surprised you hadn't read it before now. Though I guess its a good time to start, since its 60-issue run will be over near the end of this year. And like I said previously, while I can't wait to see how it ends, I also hate the fact the book is ending, its suck a great read month-to-month.

And this is yet another comic that has to be made into a tv show. The premise alone would make it a hit.

I agree. There's been talk about a movie. I know a script was offered to Vaughan by a major studio for a film adaptation, but I don't know if its still happening or not. See Wikipedia, I'm sure there'll be some news there about it.

I agree. There's been talk about a movie. I know a script was offered to Vaughan by a major studio for a film adaptation, but I don't know if its still happening or not. See Wikipedia, I'm sure there'll be some news there about it.

I hear all his Hollywood movie plans have been put on hold for the time being since he became Executive Story Editor on LOST.

I'm not yet prepared to declare it better than Ex Machina, but I'm only five issues in.

Oh trust me....it is. Ex Machina is awesome, but Y blows it away everytime.

Yeah it is. And while I would prefer to see it done by HBO....I can't help but feel that the story and show would be perfect for a Showtime series.

But that's just me.

I did not expect that from Beth.

I did.

This issue was sorta anti-climatic. We got this great build-up cliffhanger in the last issue....and then this.

It was a really great issue. But it was just a little underwhelming. Those few panels at the end with Beth just standing there were gorgeous. The only difference was the coloring to show the amount of time passed.

Plus the issue was filled with jabs at readers and critics for the negative words on his answer to the cause of the plague.

Latest posts

Back