Y: The Last Man - series discussion (spoilers)

nigma said:
Issue 46: this going to be in bullet format:

• Yorick confessed to 355 that he killed a girl in Arizona, and that he banged a chick in graveyard in San Fran, cuz he thought he was going to be killed off.

• You, used her robot and the monkey to make a quick climb up the mob ladder and is now in charge.

• Doc Mann gets her *** whipped by the ninja, and ends up getting stabbed through the right shoulder. the ninja takes Doc Manns mother and in return, wants the monkey retuned to her in hong Hong. and when the monkey is returned Doc Mann might learn WHO, not WHAT killed off all the men. its hinted that it might be this Ming chick...whom Doc Manns father dumped her mother for..
  • at the end when Yorick gets the monkey back he uses a phone from You to make a call to Hero at the detention site....where he tells her, hes headed off to Paris France..and is cut off before he could say anything else...expect at the same time Israel tanks are closing in.... on the detention site

You forgot to put in the part where Yorick and 355 almost kissed. That was pretty big. I remember when I was reading it I was like WHAT!?!, is 355 really falling for Yorick. Now, I think she might be. Also there was a really cool scene where a security guard got a needle in the eye, literally.

Synch said:
You forgot to put in the part where Yorick and 355 almost kissed. That was pretty big. I remember when I was reading it I was like WHAT!?!, is 355 really falling for Yorick. Now, I think she might be. Also there was a really cool scene where a security guard got a needle in the eye, literally.

i had to leave some excitement for when people got there hand on the issue :wink:

Woops. I hope I didn't ruin it for anybody. But I'm gonna do the same thing next month. Also, I was waiting for them to throw that white girl out of the window. That would have been priceless.

I just read all the issues in the past couple of weeks. This is a great series and has lots of very creative ideas and pulls them off nicely.

The most shocking would be when Beth II was revealed to be pregant. And Hero's reaction was awesome.

I need to buy the trades now.

nigma said:
Issue 46: this going to be in bullet format:

• Yorick confessed to 355 that he killed a girl in Arizona, and that he banged a chick in graveyard in San Fran, cuz he thought he was going to be killed off.

• You, used her robot and the monkey to make a quick climb up the mob ladder and is now in charge.

• Doc Mann gets her *** whipped by the ninja, and ends up getting stabbed through the right shoulder. the ninja takes Doc Manns mother and in return, wants the monkey retuned to her in hong Hong. and when the monkey is returned Doc Mann might learn WHO, not WHAT killed off all the men. its hinted that it might be this Ming chick...whom Doc Manns father dumped her mother for..
  • at the end when Yorick gets the monkey back he uses a phone from You to make a call to Hero at the detention site....where he tells her, hes headed off to Paris France..and is cut off before he could say anything else...expect at the same time Israel tanks are closing in.... on the detention site

I've been trying to read this (#46) issue for over a month now. I'm tradwaiting on these issues, but still like to keep up with the story, so I usually read them in the store or DL them. Well, these sold out at my store long before I realized it was out, and I've been trying to DL it to check it out (really want to see how "Kimono Dragons" wraps up), but to no avail (can't find a torrent for it anywhere except Demonoid, but that requires a registration, which they won't allow any new users to do...Catch 22 all around). Anyway, if anyone knows of a link, please PM me with it, it'd be much appreciated. It'll also help in the "Y- The Last Man" Timeline I'm currently working on.

Last edited:
I also download the singles, and I have 46 and 47.

A tip and this is sneaky, so I'll put in spoilers...

Google for Y The Last Man #46 + rapidshare and it should pop up with some links to various forums/threads. People post links to comics in these threads and you can normally find them there too. Otherwise, I'll have to try e-mail it to you or upload it myself.

ProjectX2 said:

Google for Y The Last Man #46 + rapidshare and it should pop up with some links to various forums/threads. People post links to comics in these threads and you can normally find them there too. Otherwise, I'll have to try e-mail it to you or upload it myself.

DO NOT STEAL FROM MR. VAUGHAN!!! :x

ProjectX2 said:

Cool, thanks Proj. I'll PM you if I can't get ahold of it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
DO NOT STEAL FROM MR. VAUGHAN!!! :x

I'm not stealing...I'm tradewaiting. :)

I just read Vol.1 TPB..... :rockon:

Vaughn is a flippin' genius. Seriously. It was so good that I didn't even put it down for a second. By the time I finished reading it my milkshake had melted. :cry: But it was soooooo worth it.

Believe me....come payday---I'm ordering all the other volumes and tracking down the current issues not collected in trade. But I just read today that the series is ending like next year. :cry:

I wanna kick the piss outta myself for not getting in on this sooner. I cannot wait for the payday to come.......

Now onto Ex Machina......

It's good that it's finite and has an ending planned. Means it won't lose steam and go on forever, like some other comics.

And DIB, sorry I haven't got around to finding #46 for you. I've been busy. I shall get it to you eventually, hopefully.

So far I have read the first 4 TPBS.....and I am so in ****ing love with this book. Vaughn is a genius. Straight up!!!!

I'm still waiting on TPB 5-7. They should be here by Friday......but as soon as they get here---I'm on 'em like a fat kid at a desert buffet bar. I cannot wait to get caught up on this book.

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
So far I have read the first 4 TPBS.....and I am so in ****ing love with this book. Vaughn is a genius. Straight up!!!!

I'm still waiting on TPB 5-7. They should be here by Friday......but as soon as they get here---I'm on 'em like a fat kid at a desert buffet bar. I cannot wait to get caught up on this book.

I just got caught up last week. I whipped right through it too - I read it faster than I did Daredevil, and I ate those bad boys up.

But yeah, this really is a great series. I can't say I compltely understand what's going on with Dr. Mann's mother, but other than that it's an easy but very entertaining read.

Completly agree with E and VVD. I just finished buying all the available trades (got V. 7 two weeks ago) and otherwise DL them to stay current on the issues. Incredible book, plain and simple. I've even got my girlfriend hooked on it (though I'm still trying to convince her to read Ultimates). I'll be sad a year from now when this series wraps up.

I'm curious as to "Doctor M" is. It seems to be applying it is Dr. Mann's mother, and I've seen some people say it's Dr. Mann. I think it would be really exciting and mysterious if it showed a cliifhanger as it being a man. Imagine if Dr. Mann's father figured out a way to make himself survive the plague.

I ****ing own.

This book completely owns me. I bought the first seven trades and downloaded the rest up to #50, and I have to say...Brian K. Vaughan is master of my soul.

Latest posts

Back