Y: The Last Man - series discussion (spoilers)

UltimateE said:
MwoF - I just picked up Vol.1 today along with the new Sin City vol.1 reprint. I'll let you know how it is when I finish it.

Its been four months and no comment, E?

I picked this up on a recommendation from a close friend, and I liked the first trade, I have currently bought 6-29 on e-bay and am waiting for them arrive any day now...

On the book, wonderfully written and the art is what makes it stick for me more then the words. they do a good job with detail. And im looking forward to 30-??35??

The 5th trade comes out in a week too soo, that might be next for me to pickup.

nigma said:
Its been four months and no comment, E?

Huh - weird I thought I posted something about it...

Anyway - yes it was a solid read. I would definitely recommend it. The whole concept is very interesting and there are some great twists in the plot.

Actually if anyone is thinking about it watch the classifieds because I'll be listing it there. Not because it was bad, because it wasn't at all.

Baxter said:
Yep. Can't wait to get my copy of Ring of Truth.

this is another one of those series i like that i can only really enjoy most in trades....Sometimes i dont understand the whole story and the cliffhangers kill me, i hate waiting month to month for this book, it would read better had it come out twice sometimes, but to have a book like this without superheroes consistently good says a lot to me. I am still slacking off on buying the 4th trade due to USM, Invincible, and new avengers.

The Captain said:
this is another one of those series i like that i can only really enjoy most in trades....Sometimes i dont understand the whole story and the cliffhangers kill me, i hate waiting month to month for this book, it would read better had it come out twice sometimes, but to have a book like this without superheroes consistently good says a lot to me. I am still slacking off on buying the 4th trade due to USM, Invincible, and new avengers.
Hoesntly, thats why I don't buy most Vertigo monthlies or Batman/Superman. They just read better when you can sit down and digest it all at once.

a little update:

Ok I just got done reading 6-31 and I like the way BV writes, he keeps bringing up fact after fact and always leaves you asking yourself, is this what you would do? i also link how he shows the chicks, that even the though Yorick is the last man, not every chick will 'have' him.
expect for the one chick named beth with the f***ed up face that he met at church and did in the graveyard, twice.

Overall im impressed with the way this is going, and I can't wait to see the single issue Beth in the "down under" it should be interesting to say the least. The only bad thing im going to have wait almost a year until I can pick this up again, since in going to buy 32-35 tomorrow and be all caught up, and then pick up the next arc in a single issue set so I have the complete 'arc' feel.

So are we ready to discuss Ring of Truth yet?

This series is steadily becoming one of the most tattered in my library. Yorrick survived thanks to monkey ****, the amulet wasn't part of the cause (I'm guessing that all of the simultanius events were red herrings, and that the true cause of the plague hasn't been touched on yet). It was good to see Yorrick finaly go for a girl, wven if she was obviously a proxy for Beth. Hero's... problems are going to lead to some intresting situations too. I really wish I had gotten on board with issue 1 of this series.

I'm tryin' to get to know about this comic. PX2 was able to give me a the online version of the first issue, but I cant seem to work it, right. I really wanna see whats up with this cuz the idea sounds very interesting, but where else can I find issues to check out before I buy? My local CS doesnt have any, last I checked, so...

Baxter said:

This series is steadily becoming one of the most tattered in my library. Yorrick survived thanks to monkey ****, the amulet wasn't part of the cause (I'm guessing that all of the simultanius events were red herrings, and that the true cause of the plague hasn't been touched on yet). It was good to see Yorrick finaly go for a girl, wven if she was obviously a proxy for Beth. Hero's... problems are going to lead to some intresting situations too. I really wish I had gotten on board with issue 1 of this series.
Goddamnit I need money... and I'm goin on vacation yet but I'm starting to fall behind in my trades :(

Baxter said:

what issue was that up to too? 31 right.

well it wasn't that bad,i really liked how they were playing WNBA ON The west coast, WEST COAST PRIDE :twisted:

you could always try and get there 1st tastes, which has combined a few 1st issues into one...for about 5 bucks

icemastertron said:
Is there, or will there be an HC for this?
DC/Vertigo doesn't do hardcovers like Marvel does. They rarely release things in HC after softcover trades, and when they do it's the same product in a nicer packaging. There probably won't be a HC release of Y anytime soon, and I'd rather have HCs of a few other Vertigo releases first anyway.

Baxter said:
DC/Vertigo doesn't do hardcovers like Marvel does. They rarely release things in HC after softcover trades, and when they do it's the same product in a nicer packaging. There probably won't be a HC release of Y anytime soon, and I'd rather have HCs of a few other Vertigo releases first anyway.
Gah. Thanks anyways, Bax.

Y The Last Man discussion

I did a search for a thread but kept getting back that "Y, The, Last, Man" were too common, short, or whatever, and since there are 29 pages, I can't be arsed to find if this thread already exists. Sorry.

In any case, I just got the first trade today, and found it to be quite enjoyable. I'll be picking up the second trade next week, provided its in the shop.

Anyone read this? If so, could you answer these questions please: what issue is the series currently on, is it a finite series (do we know how many issues there will be), and have we found out what killed all the men (don't tell me when we find out or what it was, please, I'm just curious if it's been resolved yet)? Cheers.

Latest posts

Back