Avengers Young Avengers: Dark Reign

Didn't Ultron make another android girlfriend?

Edit:

Now i remeber. Alkhema

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkhema

Kinky, she looks like a Shi'ar.

But yeah, I'd approve of a girl-on-girldroid pairing. I'm trying to love Karoline/Xavin, but he's a boy more often than he's a girl, even during Moore's run, and Moore made his career on writing a lesbian comic.

Huh. Where's the anarchism coming from? She's a white power skinhead building a private army to topple the government. She's probably fascist.

But I like the girl with the sword.

Last edited:
Huh. Where's the anarchism coming from? She's a white power skinhead building a private army to topple the government. She's probably fascist.

But I like the girl with the sword.

It's coming from the fact that most american comic writers know a whopping **** all about politics.

It's coming from the fact that most american comic writers know a whopping **** all about politics.

Touche saleswoman.

But I was wondering where it said she was an anarchist. I didn't see that in the article.

Edit: Or she could very well be a secessionist. There's an idea, fifty states with their own government and private Initiative team.

Last edited:
Mod note - I added the Dark Reign tag to this thread because it's related...I'm unable to check the rest of the threads for related minis and arcs but if someone could do that I'd appreciate it.

I don't normally like Mark Brooks art but this stuff looks really neat. I'm going to check it out now.

Mod note - I added the Dark Reign tag to this thread because it's related...I'm unable to check the rest of the threads for related minis and arcs but if someone could do that I'd appreciate it.

Thankees, didn't know how to do it (if i could).

So does executioner have super strength because that rifle has to have some insane recoil?

As long as proned and the bipod is level, a Barrett is pretty easily shootable. I've shot one a couple times.

I know the young Avengers are inspired by the avengers, so are these dark Young Avengers supposed to be inspired by the obscure and mostly dead Avenger villains that they share their names with (ex: Melter) or is that a merely a coincidence?

I know the young Avengers are inspired by the avengers, so are these dark Young Avengers supposed to be inspired by the obscure and mostly dead Avenger villains that they share their names with (ex: Melter) or is that a merely a coincidence?

I think it's deliberate, at least in the cased of Enchantress and Melter.

So in the Marvel universe, Melter had fan boys? Weird. That's like being a Gilbert Godfrey fan boy.

Uh hello. Melter was part of the old school Masters. And yeah there are people who like Melter every character has fans.Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean no one else does.

And a Skinhead.

Which begs the question on why she has hair in the first place...

Venom Melendez wasn't talking about the hair on her head.

I know huh? Figure someone whose against society wouldn't even have a serious relationship, instead she'd probably sleep with everyone on the team she could.

Cause, that's what anarchists do, right?

I'd think so too. I mean, if the goth chick on Runaways gets to be a skank, why can't the Anarchist?

That's what all the anarchists do, she's rebelling against them.

Uh hello. Melter was part of the old school Masters. And yeah there are people who like Melter every character has fans.Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean no one else does.

So what a lot losers were in the MoE, over the years, it doesn't mean much. I don't hate Melter, I think he was interesting concept that was never used correctly, which is why he became Scourge bait.

Besides, here's what you aren't getting, I'm talking about in the marvel universe, not in real life, I'm asking why would Melter have fan boys in the Marvel universe itself, he was purely D-list. Scourge only got to kill really lame villains.

Last edited:
So what a lot losers were in the MoE, over the years, it doesn't mean much. I don't hate Melter, I think he was interesting concept that was never used correctly, which is why he became Scourge bait.

Besides, here's what you aren't getting, I'm talking about in the marvel universe, not in real life, I'm asking why would Melter have fan boys in the Marvel universe itself, he was purely D-list. Scourge only got to kill really lame villains.

Valid point, but I think there's a few possible ways of looking at it.

The first is availability. Okay, he's using the name Melter. Why? Well, he wants a name brand. He wants a name that people might recognize, even if they know nothing about the dude himself. And I'd imagine the A-list legacy names aren't just floating around to be gobbled up. The big name legacies are rarely going to be up for grabs because those guys are on top and aren't planning on getting out of the game anytime soon.

Then there's the fact that there aren't a lot of dudes running around who's power is to melt things, you know? If you're a kid, and you discover you have the power to melt things... Well, the first thing you're going to do is melt things. melt a lot of things. for no particular reason. then for particular reasons. But then, if you're smart, you're going to go look around for anyone in the past who's gotten the power to melt things, and you're going to dig up everything you can on the guy, because he has experience, and you can see what he did wrong and what he did right. And yes, I think there is a possibility that kid might become a fan of Melter. Because they have shared experiences, they quite likely have shared objectives in life, and familiarity of experience goes a long way in attitudes towards people.

Plus, dude melts things. What the hell is he going to call himself other than THE MELTER? Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought up the name before he even realized there was already a guy with that moniker.

But yeah. I don't think there's a lot of dudes running around the Marvel Universe with Melter t-shirts. Makes you wonder though, if there's a bunch of indie iconoclast kids who follow around specialized "indie" supers, and scoff at the popularity of "mainstream" heroes and villains.

"Dude, did you see Spider-Man save that short bus full of retarded kids from the Green Goblin this afternoon?"
"No. But I did see Elsa Darkstone punch a new hole through the Spot's rectum... poseur."

Last edited:
MELTMAN! With the power to... melt!

Latest posts

Back