Young Justice Animated Series (spoilers)

I watched episode 3 "Welcome to Happy Harbor".

I didn't love it. Miss Martian's "Hel-looo Megan!" was enough to make me not want to watch it again. But it seems like the show has a direction it's heading in, and this episode was still setting that direction up, so I'll stick it out for now.

I watched episode 3 "Welcome to Happy Harbor".

I didn't love it. Miss Martian's "Hel-looo Megan!" was enough to make me not want to watch it again. But it seems like the show has a direction it's heading in, and this episode was still setting that direction up, so I'll stick it out for now.

See, that didn't bother me. I think it's because through my family, I interact with far too many teenage girls, and that's how they talk.

For me, the animation was a little jarring. The quality was a bit of a step back from the pilot episodes. Not uncommon tho, and it'll hopefully find it's stride by midseason.

See, that didn't bother me. I think it's because through my family, I interact with far too many teenage girls, and that's how they talk.

I work with teenagers for a living and none of them talk like that. I mean, they have their ridiculous things that they say too much, just not that phrase. I honestly feel like I haven't heard anyone say "Hel-loo!" like that since...Clueless, maybe?

Not saying that i doubt you, I'm sure some teenagers somewhere say it and that's not even my point. It's just annoyed me by the third time she said it. That's all.

It reminded me of the "Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!" line.

Also, I finally did notice Robin laughing crazy like Joker to whomever it was that pointed that out to me before.

I work with teenagers for a living and none of them talk like that. I mean, they have their ridiculous things that they say too much, just not that phrase. I honestly feel like I haven't heard anyone say "Hel-loo!" like that since...Clueless, maybe?

Not saying that i doubt you, I'm sure some teenagers somewhere say it and that's not even my point. It's just annoyed me by the third time she said it. That's all.

*shrugs* Like a wise man once told me, "if it bothers you, don't watch it". It reduces your stress that way.

ice said:
Also, I finally did notice Robin laughing crazy like Joker to whomever it was that pointed that out to me before.

Yeah, I noticed that early on. I kinda like it, it helps define Robin as a dick (pardon the pun).

What amuses me, of my friends who have *****ed about M'gan's dialog the most, are the biggest fans of stuff like Buffy, Vampire Diaries and Twilight, y'know, the height of intellectual dialog.

It reminded me of the "Well excuuuuuse me, Princess!" line.
you mean from Star Wars?
Yeah, i kind of like it. I wondered how they were going to characterize Robin when i found out he wasn't the leader. They've made him the techno-guy who is also a little creepy when he's fighting crime (as you would probably expect from Batman's partner)

*shrugs* Like a wise man once told me, "if it bothers you, don't watch it". It reduces your stress that way.
Like i said, i'll stick it out. It's really a minor issue at the end of the day.

Hey Canuck, she's also an alien, who knows how alien teenagers talk huh?
:lol: good point.
I thought Mr. Twister was pretty cool actually.
yeah, he had a cool design.

Last edited:
i see. It just seemed like something Han Solo would say.
:lol:

clips and images of episode 4: Drop Zone

It seems the team will be infiltrating Santa Prisca and coming up against the likes of Bane, and what looks (to me at least) like the Church of Blood. I guess it makes sense to combine Santa Prisca and Zandia

Last edited:
i see. It just seemed like something Han Solo would say.
:lol:

clips and images of episode 4: Drop Zone

It seems the team will be infiltrating Santa Prisca and coming up against the likes of Bane, and what looks (to me at least) like the Church of Blood. I guess it makes sense to combine Santa Prisca and Zandia

The tags say it's Kobra, though that may be what you are talking about. I don't know much about either the Church of Blood or Kobra. Though now I wonder if we'll ever see any of the Crime Bible.

1634512-664_l_super.jpg

this picture just seems very church of blood-ish (the followers of Brother Blood) to me

Last edited:
It seems Bane will be voiced by Danny Trejo, or so i hear.

Last edited:
OK, it's official. I love this show.

I think this is the first time I've seen a DC cartoon focus on Bane as a strategist rather then a thug. Granted, he's not the best strategist, but it's very refreshing.

Also, I hope Robin never becomes leader. Mostly because Aqualad is too awesome and Robin is too amusing as the team dick. (Which makes me think Aqualad's going to die.)

The Cylinder Shaped member of the light with the french accent... Definitely "The Brain" (as in, Monsieur Mallah's Beau).

Mostly because Aqualad is too awesome and Robin is too amusing as the team dick. (Which makes me think Aqualad's going to die.)

Aqualad will not die...... for if he does i'm going to find the man that wrote the script and burn everything he has to the ground.

Latest posts

Back