Young X-Men (Discussion/Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
So the series starts out with Donald Pierce fighting the new set of X-Men. After someone dies, turns out it's a dream- a dream by Blindfold. The precog created by Whedon from Astonishing X-Men (first appeared in the 'Hellfire' arc).

So it's not really just a dream, but a vision of the future. So with everyone back home or elsewhere, the team (all shown on the cover) gets recruited (again, it seems) one by one by Cyclops.

While he was getting the guys from all around the world, Blindfold paid a visit to the destroyed X-Mansion....with someone watching her from afar. Then she goes to talk to Rockslide and tells him about her dream vision. And of course, Cykes was there to recruit Rockslide- who wouldn't go anywhere w/o Blindfold.

Now that the whole team was together, Cyclops brought them back to the Danger Room...excuse me- the "Danger Cave". He tells them they are not "New Mutants" team, but actual X-Men. Their first target? The new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. And it's not exactly who one would think. It's led by the current leader of the Hellfire Club.

Stop thinking Sebastian Shaw. I thought him, too. But then remembered Claremont put someone else in...Roberto. As in Sunspot. As in THE ORIGINAL NEW MUTANTS are the new Brotherhood. Sunspot, Cannonball, Dani, and Magma.

Of course seeing Dani & Magma explain their appearance on the cover of #2. But are they actually the new Brotherhood? You would think "Of course not. This is probably just for training the kids." But then why would they need to be called the new Brotherhood?

I'm quite interested in where this is going. Plus, Yanick's art improved from Ultimate X-Men to this.

4/5

Last edited:
I didn't like it at all. The writing or art.

As soon as I finished the book I threw it away. It didn't interest me at all.

And TOG's right, the fact that New X-Men was getting really good and totally hitting it's stride, and then cancelled to make way for this only irks me more.

so.... the original New Mutants are villains...

so ****ing pass

it's bad enough they depowered my Dani, but this bull**** is too much.

so.... the original New Mutants are villains...

so ****ing pass

it's bad enough they depowered my Dani, but this bull**** is too much.
I think thinking they're actually villains is jumping the ship by A LOT. You really think they would become actual villains, let alone take the name "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants"?

Obviously there's something going on and they're not actual villains or any of that sort.

I think thinking they're actually villains is jumping the ship by A LOT. You really think they would become actual villains, let alone take the name "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants"?

Obviously there's something going on and they're not actual villains or any of that sort.

I'll only become more tolerant of the idea if it turns out they're really just Skrull.

At first I thought it would be something like this is all just a lesson to teach the new X-Men.

Then I thought it could be that Sunspot needs help with something, in which Cyclops doesn't like what they're doing/gonna do/etc., and so still has the kids go to teach them and what-have-you.

I don't know. I'm sure it's something alone one of those lines.

At first I thought it would be something like this is all just a lesson to teach the new X-Men.

Then I thought it could be that Sunspot needs help with something, in which Cyclops doesn't like what they're doing/gonna do/etc., and so still has the kids go to teach them and what-have-you.

I don't know. I'm sure it's something alone one of those lines.

See, I'd even like that idea. I may pick up the trade, but I'm kinda bummed that Magik was only around for one arc, and these new kids are dull at best.

Yes, Magik (Illyana Rasputin) died from the virus. The last Magik to appear in Limbo wasn't the actual Magik, though.

Wasn't she like an echo of the HoM Magik?

NYCC Exclusive version for #1:

Young+X-Men+%231+MDCU+Variant.jpg

I bought this out of a dime box and I thought it was terrible.

Guggenheim is one of my favorite writers at Marvel, but this just sucked.

Latest posts

Back