Action Comics/Superman discussion (Spoilers!)

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
And this new people is how you search for an existing thread instead of creating one.

So I take it we can discuss Action Comics in this thread too?

If so, did anyone else read Johns/Donner/Kubert's new Action Comic?

Loved it. More than Morrison/Kubert's Batman. But the similarities to the arc between the Big Two are strikingly similar.

Putting a spin on the status quo for Earth's Mightiest Hero by having he and Lois step into the role of Jonathan and Martha Kent is intriguing. A spaceship crashes to Earth and inside is a little Kryptonian boy.

Of course Lex is intrigued.

the story is your standard #1 issue. A new surprise, lots of questions, steps that your hesitant to accept. The usual. But what gets me is the art.

The art is a mish-mash of solid settings and jagged action. In some panels it's smooth and breathtaking....and in other panels it's a polished sketchy feel. Overall I love it....but in some instances it just feels outta place. But I do love the widescreen panels that Kubert is using. It really gives the story a grand epic feel.

Overall I'd give the book a 3.85/5.

It's really good but not without it's faults. But it's surely worth reading and following in order to see what happens.

Re: Superman Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I really enjoyed this issue. It'll be intresting to see where this story goes.

Johns and Donner seem to have the handle on things.

4/5

Supes is a father! How cute.

Last edited:

Between this and the Batman titles. The World's Finest has never looked so fine.

I'm interested in the kid and where the story goes. Funny that both him and Batman get a new kid.

Maybe they will team up somewhere...:p

I'm interested in the kid and where the story goes. Funny that both him and Batman get a new kid.

Yeah....I wonder if Johns and Donner had this planned before Morrison's Batman or if they're just playing off the cool idea of some of our greatest heroes actually growing up and having kids.

You see this is how Bizarro should always be written.

Creepy, monsterous, and horribly strong.

Not that Bizarro #1 crap.

I am digging this very much.

You see this is how Bizarro should always be written.

Creepy, monsterous, and horribly strong.

Not that Bizarro #1 crap.

I am digging this very much.

Indeed. I like how they're getting back to basics on this. Bizarro is dangerous in the same way a superstrong retard is dangerous. He's capable of all these horrible things.....but doesn't really know better.

I am still loving Action Comics right now!!!! I know a lot of people don't like Kubert's art on this because they feel it's too sharp or jagged instead of the graceful look....but I am feeling it.

Action Comics is great. I don't normally like the Kuberts, but this is definitely Adam's best work. Those three panels where Superman and Bizarro were fighting over the detailed background were incredible.

Action Comics is great. I don't normally like the Kuberts, but this is definitely Adam's best work. Those three panels where Superman and Bizarro were fighting over the detailed background were incredible.

I agree. The Kuberts are an aquired taste. Sometimes they work (ala UXM). Then sometimes you could do without them (like the current Batman series).

Totally agree about the Superman/Bizarro fight. I think my fav was the pic with the kid just floating in the Kent's kitchen.

Last edited:

I just went back and reread Donner's 2 issues.

Fan-****ing-tastic!

This is the reason to love comics. Great storytelling....beautiful art....just perfect.

And to boot---for those of you who were unimpressed with Singer's "sequel" to SupermanII....this serves as a great sequel instead.

Re: Action Comics discussion (Spoilers!)

I just read the Action Comics Annual #10 and realised that we don't actually have a thread to discuss Action Comics, so I merged all the relevant posts here.

It was great. The Mon-El story was my favourite. Some bits were a bit corny, and the art was off in a couple of them, but it was very entertaining. I just hate the fact that there are multiple colours of Kryptonite. Keep it simple; keep it green.

I just read the Action Comics Annual #10 and realised that we don't actually have a thread to discuss Action Comics, so I merged all the relevant posts here.

It was great. The Mon-El story was my favourite. Some bits were a bit corny, and the art was off in a couple of them, but it was very entertaining. I just hate the fact that there are multiple colours of Kryptonite. Keep it simple; keep it green.

I loved the **** like the map of the Fortress of Solitude and the top ten enemies of Superman. Also, the two or three page "story" about Bizarro World was excellent.

Houde's going to hate it more than life. :D

I loved the **** like the map of the Fortress of Solitude and the top ten enemies of Superman. Also, the two or three page "story" about Bizarro World was excellent.

Houde's going to hate it more than life. :D

He dislikes most things.

Does the 3d section in the next issue require 3d glasses?

I don;t think I could come up with a better fit for a Bizzaro arc than Eric Powell. Only problem is he's not exactly the fastest pen in the studio either...

Latest posts

Back