Action Comics/Superman discussion (Spoilers!)

Re: Action Comics discussion (Spoilers!)

I am actually disappointed because I loved Kubert on this. His work was perfect for me. Soft, smooth pallets in the background and vibrant, strong, bold colors and characters in the foreground. His widescreen panels just screamed big blockbuster.

I can't say anything bad about Powell......I just rather have Kubert.

The latest issue is nothing but awesomeness yet to be defined! :rockon:

I could go into details on stuff....but I'll just quote IGN because I agree completely with everything they said.
IGN Comics said:
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about Superman. For so long now, it's seemed like Superman's back-story has lacked a certain amount of depth and intrigue, but writers Geoff Johns and Richard Donner have managed to revitalize the character's entire mythos. With the long-overdue inclusion of Zod and company into comic continuity, Johns and Donner have found a formidable villain who combines Lex Luthor's intellect and cunning with Doomsday's overwhelming power. More importantly, by tweaking the story of Krypton's destruction ever so slightly, the writers have supplied this iconic villain with a fascinating - and legitimate - reason to hate Superman. As revolutionaries who attempted to save Krypton through rebellion, Zod, Ursa, and Non are infinitely more interesting than the versions made famous in the first two Superman films. Johns and Donner could have made the easy and safe decision to merely introduce the film versions of these characters without change, but thankfully, they've gone the extra mile, and in doing so, have succeeded in making an incredibly important contribution to the Superman mythos.

In the latest installment of the "Last Son" storyline, Superman finally comes face to face with the infamous Phantom Zone villains, and the result will undoubtedly leave readers at the edge of their seats. Unfortunately, we wont be seeing the next installment until this summer, which puts a small damper on an otherwise dynamite issue.

The latest issue was very good. I'm going to have to drop the next few issues since they're not part of the damn story!

The latest issue was very good. I'm going to have to drop the next few issues since they're not part of the damn story!

The rest of the story will be collected with Wonder Woman 5 in a Whatever Happened To? collection.

???

Wait, what, I didn't hear about this...

I'm sure it was posted somewhere... I think Busiek is doing the next few issues with Fabian Neciaenzadfasd or whatever his last name is... tie ins to Superman and Legion of Superheroes and Krypto and whathaveyou.

I'm sure it was posted somewhere... I think Busiek is doing the next few issues with Fabian Neciaenzadfasd or whatever his last name is... tie ins to Superman and Legion of Superheroes and Krypto and whathaveyou.

Yeah...they have an article about that in CBN! this week. Color me pissed.

This is already going to be my favorite Superman story ever.

Best lines...

"Who's Batman?"

"You don't meet him until your sixteen."

"Who's Wonder Woman?"

"You don't meet her until your eighteen."

Last edited:

This is already going to be my favorite Superman story ever.

Best lines...

"Who's Batman?"

"You don't meet him until your sixteen."

"Who's Wonder Woman?"

"You don't meet her until your eighteen."

That was great. Seriously a roxxoring issue. Action Comics is starting to get me to care about Superman again.

"Who's Batman?"
"Someone you're not meeting until you're sixteen."
"Who's Wonder Woman?"
"Someone you're not meeting until you're eighteen."

Heh!

Read Busiek's "Up Up and Away" OYL arc that covered both Action Comics and Superman.

Yeah, that was awesome. Johns and Busiek co-wrote it, and Pete Woods drew it. It was great fun.

So, Johns/Donner/Kubert are getting the Allan Heinberg treatment!

The end of the Last Son storyline is moving into an Annual and the ongoing will continue on as if nothing happened. Finally. This is such a better solution than a bunch of random fill-ins for God knows how long. Just move on. . .

Here's a link to the Newsarama story.

Last edited:

DC sure seems to be ****ing up with the big name books lately. The WW scheduling...the fill in arc and prose issue for Morrison's Batman, and now this?

DC is rapidly decling in everything they do. It's getting to the point where I might stop reading their stuff. I only follow a few books of theirs as it is. You mean to tell me that the mediocre books are the ones you can push out on a continuous basis?

I have no problem getting Robin, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Checkmate and JLA/JSA every month.....but those stories aren't really worth anything anyways.

Yeah......

I'm a hardcore DC fanboy as many of you know, but this...this disgusts me. All Star Batman & Robin was bad enough (one issue in 2006? Pathetic), then came Kid Amazo's two-year delay now as a JLA Classified arc, and now this? Somebody's ****ing up big time and they need to be fired.

Remember when I saw Gary Frank sketching DC covers about a year ago? This is the finished product and it looks beautiful:

AC_Cv858_solicit.jpg

I can't wait for Johns to get back on Action Comics with a consistent artist. I REQUIRE SUSTENANCE.

Last edited:

I can't wait for the original Legion to come back and replace the piece of crap Legion we have now.

Escape from Bizarro World is going to be so wicked.

It it so downright creepy.

This protrayal is so much better than All-Star Superman.

Latest posts

Back