[adult swim]

Re: Adult Swim

ProjectX2 said:
Apparently, Pee Wee's Playhouse is coming to America's [adult swim]. :lol:
That guy always creeped me out. I did like him in the movie Blow, though.

Man, I have been watching [adult swim] for at least ten years now…

Main reason I started was Cowboy Bebop, they really need to do another season…

Veture Bros. is awesome, great Jonny Quest rip which instantly grew it's own legs…

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (…number one in the hood G…); sometimes awesome, sometimes a no-go…

Family Guy & Futurama are like staple items…

Boondocks is frackin' awesome…! Cannot say enough about it…!

Samurai Champloo is cool, and it is done by the same folks who brought us Cowboy Bebop…

Stroker & Hoop, not always a winner, but it has an awesome opening sequence…

I LOVE what Harvey Birdman does with the acquired Hanna-Barbara properties…! And the Flinstones episode with the total blocking of the Sopranos opening was awesome…!

And Korgoth of Barbaria was brutal…! He is definitely a very, very, very early ancestor of Brock Sampson's…!

Hmm… Maybe I spend a little too much time watching [adult swim]…

Ohh…! Family Guy is coming on right now…!

;^p

Last edited:

dammit, i meant to watch korgoth and missed it! it looked cool. the heavy metal makes it better. is it funny at all? or just brutal?

i love the venture bros. (got the DVD, rules), but i wouldn't like it as much if it was only Samson killing without the other character's jokes. Ha, reminds me, I saw the first episode when it came on, and I friggin' hated it. It has definitely grown on me.

I'm not a big fan of Moral Orel, I think it's a one trick pony.

Aqua Teen will always be at least pretty funny if Master Shake is on it and spurts out nonsense. Honestly, his rants that go on to nowhere are so damn funny.

Sealab... God Rest It's Soul. When Murphy died, he took the show with it.

Other Shows I Like:
Space Ghost
Boondocks
HOME MOVIES
Robot Chicken
Futurama (so happy that new episodes are being made)
Birdman (next DVD i'm picking up)

Shows I do not like:
Brak
Moral Orel
Oblongs

Shows that I will laugh a lot at, but hate in concept (largely due to South Park's nail-on-the-head parody):
Family Guy

Adult Swim, in short, is the best thing on TV. Followed closely by Dailyshow/Colbert Report. I'm talking to this girl who I'm really into, even though we are exact opposites, and despite the fact she listens to a lot of crappy music (likes the Smiths and Minus the Bear though, that's good. as I seriously hate anyone who doesn't like the early Smiths' stuff), and she is kinda a religious nut, I didn't see any problems with her until she told me she hates adult cartoons.

I like The Brak Show, but not as much as Harvey Birdman. HA HA!

I am COMPLETELY weirded out by Paranoia Agent and it's opening. Moreso than other Japanese openings.

It just creepy. Take a look...

Paranoia Agent

See??? Creepy. About as creepy as maniacal laughing puppets....

laffpuppet010dl.gif

See? Creepy....

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
I am COMPLETELY weirded out by Paranoia Agent and it's opening. Moreso than other Japanese openings.

Paranoia Agent

laffpuppet010dl.gif

See? Creepy....
Dude I feel exactly the same way I had to wikipedia it to find out what the hell was going on

I just stared in awe at that Paranoia Agent thing. What the hell was up with that granny laughing and standing on the table? :?

I must wiki this. And those creepy puppets are creepy.

ProjectX2 said:
I just stared in awe at that Paranoia Agent thing. What the hell was up with that granny laughing and standing on the table? :?

No one knows!!!! It's just people standing there laughing!!!! I don't like it....it makes me uneasy.

ProjectX2 said:
I must wiki this.

All it'll do is give you the basic premise. Which still doesn't explain anything other than the fact the boy is going around attacking people, because he believes he is a character in a role-playing game ala D&D. The whole thing is just weird and creepy.

Still not creepier than puppets.

I just saw the s2 eps of Tom goes..., and wow. This show was good, but it got MUCH better. MUCH better.

Bob Odenkirk rules. As do rapist saxmen.

METALOCALYPSE!!!!

I love this show!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Death Clock Metalocalypse: Dethklok is a popular, talented, and very stupid Norwegian death metal band that leaves a path of death and destruction wherever it plays. Guests will include Metallica's James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett, and Mark Hamill will be part of the voice cast. The series was created by Brendon Small (of Adult Swim's "Home Movies") and Tommy Blacha, both of whom will provide voices as well as write and perform Dethklok's extensive catalog of heavy metal tunes. Twenty episodes of the show, which will debut in August, have been order.

A couple clips from the show:

This show is so hilarious. I could not stop laughing!!! :lol:

Murderface is my new favorite name!!!

It was the most rocking-est thing I've ever seen.

DUNCAN!

HILLS!

COFFEE!

COFFEE!

DUNCAN!

HILLS!

COFFEE!

COFFEE!

And to clarify, his name is "William Murderface Murderface Murderface".

Victor Von Doom said:

Paranoia Agent

laffpuppet010dl.gif

See? Creepy....

Thanks Doom, you just gave me nightmares!!!

Aqua Teen has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I also like Squidbillies and Tom Goes to the Mayor a lot (old school Mr. Show fan, a lot of the folks involved with TGttM were on Mr. Show like Bob Odenkirk, David Cross, Brian Posehn, etc.).

Best new show, though, for sure, is METALOCALPYSE. I watched the premiere last night and it was killer. I hope it keeps going. I'm a huge metal fan :rockon:, so it was right up my alley. The names of the band members alone had me rolling: William Murderface, Nathan Explosion, Pickles (the drummer), Skwizgar Skwiggles and Tokie Wort.

The premise is that of a black/death metal band who is bigger than the Beatles ever were. They travel around in a helicopter restaurant and their fans sign "pain waivers" before their concerts which frees the band of any liability to injuries or death endured during the show.

Brilliance.

Everyone should watch and rock to the Duncan Hills coffee jingle.

Willverine said:
.... The names of the band members alone had me rolling: William Murderface, Nathan Explosion, Pickles (the drummer), Skwizgar Skwiggles and Tokie Wort.....

Maybe you missed a couple posts up.....but the correct name is William Murderface Murderface Murderface. :lol:

O sonuva*****....you took my new avatar idea!!!!! Curse you!!!!! :x

:lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back