Agent Carter TV Series

Official synopsis and cast list revealed

ABC presents its second action packed series from the creative minds at Marvel in "Marvel's Agent Carter," inspired by the feature films Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger" and Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Years before Agent Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. team swore to protect those who cannot protect themselves from threats they cannot conceive, there was Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger," Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"), who pledged the same oath but lived in a different time when women weren't recognized as being as smart or as tough as their male counterparts.

But no one should ever underestimate Peggy.

It's 1946 and peace has dealt Peggy a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field; putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers – aka Captain America.

When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger") finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy - the only person he can trust - to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D'Arcy, "Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World"), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for releasing these weapons of mass destruction. But Jarvis, who is a creature of habit and sticks to a rigid daily routine, is going to have to make some major life changes if he's going to be able to keep up with Peggy.

If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison – or worse. And as she delves deeper into her investigation, she may find that those she works for are not who they seem, and she might even begin to question whether Stark is as innocent as he claims.

I like the synopsis. Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun, and I like that they're jumping into the larger plot line from the start, at least apparently. The synopsis does a good job of describing how they're going to approach the show's framework plot and offering a better examination of the struggle Carter will be facing in post WWII America.

It also does a good job of still making the Agent Carter One Shot fit in. With her doing these secret missions for Howard to clear his name, that adds huge stakes for Peggy, who could be arrested as a traitor. Meanwhile, officially, she gets no recognition, but it may be the events of AC Season 1 help Howard ensure Peggy's high position in the new SHIELD organization later on. So no continuity problems, either. ;)

Really looking forward to this.

[video=youtube;5XkkRVeyVnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XkkRVeyVnw[/video]

This looks better than I thought it would.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;V13W9gQ_1GA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V13W9gQ_1GA[/video]

Air Date Announced

Marvel's Agent Carter has been given a premiere date - Tuesday, January 6th at 9/8c PM. Agent Carter will be airing in Agents of SHIELD's spot until Tuesday, March 3rd when SHIELD returns to finish out the second half of its second season.

Jeph Loeb said:
Fans have wanted to learn more about Anton Vanko since he was first mentioned in 'Iron Man 2′ and we're happy to deliver with Costa's terrific performance in 'Marvel's Agents Carter,'

Have they?

That's not a no...

As a huge Jeph Loeb fan I would have been laughing really hard at my response. If you go through Loeb's old interviews (and why wouldn't you? Dude is hilarious) whenever he says "wouldn't that be fun?" or "wouldn't that be great?" it's come true. Example

Well, IGN caught up with Marvel's Head of Television Jeph Loeb at the New York Comic Con this weekend, asking him whether an Agent Carter show is about to become a reality. "Wouldn't that be great?" says Loeb

He even did it when IGN asked him if Dr. Doom would be the bad guy of Ultimates 3!

Last edited:
As a huge Jeph Loeb fan I would have been laughing really hard at my response. If you go through Loeb's old interviews (and why wouldn't you? Dude is hilarious) whenever he says "wouldn't that be fun?" or "wouldn't that be great?" it's come true. Example

He even did it when IGN asked him if Dr. Doom would be the bad guy of Ultimates 3!

So, you're saying yes.

Two hour premiere confirmed It's going to be seven episodes now.

Cool, updated the timeline for that.

I presume this means Agent Carter will air from Jan 6 to Feb 17, and there'll be a break week on Feb 24 between Agent Carter's last episode on Feb 17 and Agents of SHIELD's return on March 3, which will likely run without breaks through mid-May.

Latest posts

Back