Agent Carter TV Series

If it keeps this quality this will easily be my favorite show of all time. My only complaint is that they made most of the SSR too unlikable, otber than that it's perfect.

Agent Carter is a much smarter show than Agents of SHIELD. I thought it was very well done, and hope this is a precursor to an overall improvement of quality in Marvel's MCU-related TV offerings in preparation for Daredevil and the other Netflix shows, as well as a continued improvement for AoS.

What do you like about it so much?

Everything. What's not to love about it? It's smartly written (the second episode's recurring Cap radio show annoying Peggy is a great example of one of the principle themes of the show), well acted, well shot (the action scenes are crisp, exciting, and well done, and the other scenes are interesting in terms of set and costume design).

It's a very impressive show. I'm glad the critical response and can reaction has been so glowing, as this show deserves that recognition (at least based on the first couple of episodes).

So I liked this episode more. It got more into the characters a bit. I really liked Peggy making herself look like she messed up in order to save Jarvis. That was well done.

It was frustrating to watch at the end though, there was literally five minutes between each of the last three commercial breaks. It was really choppy.

What do you like about it so much?

I love that the whole world is against Peggy except for Howard, Jarvis, and Daniel, the radio show perfectly encapsulates everything so wonderfully wrong but still incredibly fun about that time period, the production is gorgeous, the writing is sharp and snappy, with the exception of the SSR guys (and the most recent episode helped them a lot) the characters are all fleshed out and likable, the directing is amazing (it's a shame we don't get Joe Johnston this season though), and overall it's a lot of fun with plenty of heart and humor. What's not to like about it?

Damn good episode. Liked the connection to The Incredible Hulk and I'm guessing Zodiac is based on Steve's blood? Calling it now, this show and Age of Ultron is why we don't need a Black Widow movie. She's in both.

Last edited:
Damn good episode. Liked the connection to The Incredible Hulk and I'm guessing Zodiac is based on Steve's blood? Calling it now, this show and Age of Ultron is why we don't need a Black Widow movie. She's in both.

You think Black Widow will be in Agent Carter?

I liked this episode more, btw. And am looking forward to the Howling Commandos next week.

Yeah, not sure what wyo means by that. Maybe he's implying the "Black Widow" moniker is something that's passed down from agent to agent, sort of like the 007 for Bond? I guess? After all, in the 616 universe there have been at least two Black Widows: Natasha and Yelena.

I'm assuming he's referring to Peggy's neighbor (think her name was Dottie?) who went all kung fu on the blond haired guy. If so, that's a big jump to assume she's also a Black Widow, though it's certainly possible.

Otherwise, I have no clue.

Last edited:
That's what I'm getting at DIB. I'm also hoping that the little girl in the preview of next episode is Natasha since that, sort of, goes along with the comics. In case not everyone knows in the comics Natasha is well and alive in Russia the 1940s. Next episode they're going to Russia. Widow was brainwashed, experimented on, and basically all that stuff Bucky went through. She was given the Infinity Formula to stop her ageing. Now in this time period she should be an infant or so but I could easily see the little kid in the next episode being her. Age of Ultron is giving her back story and so will Agent Carter.

Dottie confirmed as a Black Widow

Last edited:
It would've been cool if she really was Yelena (maybe that could still be a "surprise" later?). Still, her being a Black Widow is cool. I like it.

I finally watched the first two episodes of it, and....meh. It was okay, but kind of disappointing.

I thought this was going to be significantly better than Agents of SHIELD, or at least not fall into the same storytelling traps that AoS does, but that's not the case. Like Jarvis jumping out and demanding Peggy get in the car and sounding like he's an enemy instead of just approaching her and telling her who he is and what he needs instead of falling into such a dumb trope like that. I mean, it's just dumb. I hate those dumb storytelling techniques. What could he possibly have to gain by scaring her and attacking her like that, as opposed to just saying what he wants.

The level of sexism so far is crazy. It doesn't feel like it's out of place; I would imagine it was something like that in those days. But it's really uncomfortable. They do a good job of making her rise above it and fight through it.

I guess I'll keep with it for the time being, but I'm 2 episodes behind and in no real hurry to get through them.

I finally watched the first two episodes of it, and....meh. It was okay, but kind of disappointing. I thought this was going to be significantly better than Agents of SHIELD, or at least not fall into the same storytelling traps that AoS does, but that's not the case. Like Jarvis jumping out and demanding Peggy get in the car and sounding like he's an enemy instead of just approaching her and telling her who he is and what he needs instead of falling into such a dumb trope like that. I mean, it's just dumb. I hate those dumb storytelling techniques. What could he possibly have to gain by scaring her and attacking her like that, as opposed to just saying what he wants.

That's essentially been my only real complaint about the show so far. That scene was horribly unnecessary, in terms of how they approached it.

However, overall the show is very solid, and last night's episode (episode 4) was very interesting.

The level of sexism so far is crazy. It doesn't feel like it's out of place; I would imagine it was something like that in those days. But it's really uncomfortable. They do a good job of making her rise above it and fight through it. I guess I'll keep with it for the time being, but I'm 2 episodes behind and in no real hurry to get through them.

You're such a misogynist. ;)

I finally watched the first two episodes of it, and....meh. It was okay, but kind of disappointing.

I thought this was going to be significantly better than Agents of SHIELD, or at least not fall into the same storytelling traps that AoS does, but that's not the case. Like Jarvis jumping out and demanding Peggy get in the car and sounding like he's an enemy instead of just approaching her and telling her who he is and what he needs instead of falling into such a dumb trope like that. I mean, it's just dumb. I hate those dumb storytelling techniques. What could he possibly have to gain by scaring her and attacking her like that, as opposed to just saying what he wants.

The level of sexism so far is crazy. It doesn't feel like it's out of place; I would imagine it was something like that in those days. But it's really uncomfortable. They do a good job of making her rise above it and fight through it.

I guess I'll keep with it for the time being, but I'm 2 episodes behind and in no real hurry to get through them.

That scene in the alley is my only prrovlem as well. That was really dumb and pretty out of character for Howard on top of that. Outside of that it's been a blast. It feels like network TV still unfortunately, but it's about to majorly connect to the rest of the MCU, Hayley Atwell is a god, all the characters feel fleshed out with their own goals and lives, and the whole plot changes halfway through the series. It's good stuff.

I think that's been my main complaint. The men are terrible. Except for Jarvis and Sousa (but Sousa is sort of a secondary hero of the show, also an underdog, also disrespected by everyone else). And Jarvis is okay as an individual but he more often than not is pointing out, in passing, how much of a womanizer Howard is. I know it was a different time, but it seems just sort of two dimensional.

Okay, that was a good episode. Creepy little girls are creepy. The plot is interesting. The characters have some depth. Sousa knows!

Latest posts

Back