Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

I just got home from my parents' house and my mom, who was refusing to watch the show, was trying to pretend like she liked the episode that just aired less than she actually did. "It was...okay, I guess. I mean if you like that sort of thing." XD

I was very worried they'd actually kill off Simmons and I wouldn't be able to enjoy her hotness for the rest of the season.

lol I'm slowly starting to find her more attractive. It could just be due to her character having more personality now. I'm weird like that.

I'm slowly starting to find her more attractive. It could just be due to her character having more personality now. I'm weird like that.

I get you.

But I've found her attractive since day 1. Moreso than Skye, actually. I know many may disagree, but Skye has the boring, done a 1000 times before "hot" look. Simmons has a unique "hotness", an adorable accent, plays off Fitz quite well, and for a thin woman is packing a noticeable amount of extra booty in her work pants. 10/10! She reminds me of a more attractive, fuller lipped and more like able Keira Knightley (who annoys me, strangely).

Last edited:
I love Fitz and Simmons. I think they both play great off of each other and have great chemistry together.

And was it just me, or was Fitz starting to realize Simmons likes him a lot in the last episode?

And was it just me, or was Fitz starting to realize Simmons likes him a lot in the last episode?

Yeah, there was definitely something going on there. Between Skye pointing out that they were so much alike and their fight when Simmons was dying and the weird scene at the end when Simmons tells Fitz that he's the hero and kisses him on the cheek and then it just lingers on him thinking & hugging the pillow. That's going to go somewhere.

I was happy to see that since I've been trying to figure out if they were a couple since the pilot.

Tonight's episode, "The Hub", was awesome. Easily the strongest so far, and did a fantastic job of giving everyone something to do which showcased their abilities and/or shortcomings. Great characterization. Fitz showed himself to be a stronger and more interesting character than previous episodes, and his and Simmons' relationship had a bit more light shed on it. The mystery about Skye's parents was also brought up again and revealed a bit more. I'm wondering if May wasn't the one who brought her to the orphanage based on Coulson and May's exchange at the end. Also loved Skye saying Coulson was acting like a robot. Could be a red herring concerning the LMD theory or an attempt to go in that direction.

But yeah, very strong episode. Seems the show is finding its footing. Looking forward to next weeks and how it ties into Thor 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
You keep using spoiler marks when you don't need to. The thread is marked spoilers already.

That said, it was indeed a great episode. I'm waiting for the moment for Fitz and Simmons to kiss already. When Fitz got back, she was ready to jump all over him.

I like that he does. I haven't seen the episode yet. Granted I probably shouldn't go into the thread, but still. I thank you, sir/ma'am

You keep using spoiler marks when you don't need to. The thread is marked spoilers already.

Oh whatever, was just trying to be nice for those who hadn't seen it yet. Still feeling guilty about spoiling the Kang reveal from Ultimates for Captain Canuck, so been trying to be careful.

That said, it was indeed a great episode. I'm waiting for the moment for Fitz and Simmons to kiss already. When Fitz got back, she was ready to jump all over him.

That makes me wish I was Fitz. Jesus, Elizabeth Henstridge is so hot. I know I'm in the minority but definitely prefer her over Skye.

I like that he does. I haven't seen the episode yet. Granted I probably shouldn't go into the thread, but still. I thank you, sir/ma'am

You're welcome. I'm a sir, by the way. My avatar pic is a portrait of me done by our very own Bass way back when.

If people haven't seen it yet, it's their fault for going into a spoiler thread. The reason threads are marked as such is so it doesn't look like a redacted government file.

And I also prefer Simmons over Skye.

This show has been getting better gradually, but yesterday's episode was a HUGE improvement. I have disliked Fitz's character from the beginning, but this episode really gave him some more depth beyond "squeamish wimpy nerd." I kind of want to see a Ward/Fitz buddy cop movie now.

The robot line was interesting, but much more so was Coulson catching himself saying "It's a magical place." It really does seem like there's some sort of glitch that makes him respond to references to Tahiti in a pavlovian fashion.

I want to know more about Skye now too. Did I get this right? That was a picture of a dead woman at the end? Probably Skye's mom?

Oh whatever, was just trying to be nice for those who hadn't seen it yet. Still feeling guilty about spoiling the Kang reveal from Ultimates for Captain Canuck, so been trying to be careful.

… I had forgotten about that.

I think it's funny that we have discussions about this. Which of the insanely good looking famous women would we choose? You know, just in case it ever comes up.

Last edited:

You have impeccable taste, good sir.

This show has been getting better gradually, but yesterday's episode was a HUGE improvement. I have disliked Fitz's character from the beginning, but this episode really gave him some more depth beyond "squeamish wimpy nerd." I kind of want to see a Ward/Fitz buddy cop movie now. The robot line was interesting, but much more so was Coulson catching himself saying "It's a magical place." It really does seem like there's some sort of glitch that makes him respond to references to Tahiti in a pavlovian fashion.

Exactly. My interest is certainly piqued.

I want to know more about Skye now too. Did I get this right? That was a picture of a dead woman at the end? Probably Skye's mom?

That's what I'm thinking. Like I said, based on Coulson and May's exchange at the end, I'm wondering if May wasn't the agent who brought baby Skye to the orphanage. Perhaps she even killed Skye's mother, for whatever reason. That'd certainly be a good reason to keep the info secret.

… I had forgotten about that.

I'll never forget. It haunts me. I wake up screaming in a cold sweat several times per night because of it.

I think it's funny that we have discussions about this. Which of the insanely good looking famous women would we choose? You know, just in case it ever comes up.

You never know when we might be on a street corner somewhere and need to save a beautiful actress from being hit by a bus.

I'm not caught up on the show yet, but Skye's boring. Still, her in a soaking wet dress...

That was nice. I'm waiting for Simmons to have to model a thong bikini as a diversion. Dat azzzzzzzzz!

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know when we might be on a street corner somewhere and need to save a beautiful actress from being hit by a bus.

First of all, it was a pick up truck. Get it right. Secondly, where has that guy been lately? And thirdly, so you're saying that you might witness Chloe Bennet AND Elizabeth Henstridge both crossing the street and not seeing a bus, truck, or whatever coming towards them and that in this situation, you might be the only person able to do anything but you'll probably only be able to save one of them, so you have to decide which one is hotter so you know who to save?

First of all, it was a pick up truck.

Was it? I don't care.

Get it right.

No.

Secondly, where has that guy been lately?

I'm keeping him in my garage and forcing him to continually work on the First Appearances thread.

And thirdly, so you're saying that you might witness Chloe Bennet AND Elizabeth Henstridge both crossing the street and not seeing a bus, truck, or whatever coming towards them and that in this situation, you might be the only person able to do anything but you'll probably only be able to save one of them, so you have to decide which one is hotter so you know who to save?

Yes. And I'd let that bus, truck, or whatever run Chloe Bennet the hell over. Elizabeth Henstridge is an international treasure that should be preserved at all costs...ideally in my bed.

But if Chloe gets run over then we get no more pop music!

[video=youtube;pNUvqIsYo7k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNUvqIsYo7k[/video]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back