Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

I was excited to watch yesterday's episode tonight, but apparently there wasn't an episode last night. When did it become okay for shows to randomly skip weeks? I feel like this has only started in the past several years...

EDIT: unless they skipped a week because next week's show somehow ties into Thor: The Dark World. That would be very okay with me.

They announced it last week. Next episode is titled "FZZT".

[video=youtube;ip2V6ICIkWw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip2V6ICIkWw[/video]

I was excited to watch yesterday's episode tonight, but apparently there wasn't an episode last night. When did it become okay for shows to randomly skip weeks? I feel like this has only started in the past several years...

EDIT: unless they skipped a week because next week's show somehow ties into Thor: The Dark World. That would be very okay with me.
Shows always have done that. It's how they stretch out episodes until April-May.

I was excited to watch yesterday's episode tonight, but apparently there wasn't an episode last night. When did it become okay for shows to randomly skip weeks? I feel like this has only started in the past several years... EDIT: unless they skipped a week because next week's show somehow ties into Thor: The Dark World. That would be very okay with me.

Well there was an episode, but it was just a repeat of the Pilot. New episode next week (if you check the MCU timeline or an episode guide online it'll tell you when the new shows air). But it looks like all new episodes through November and into early December. Also, Titus Welliver (the SHIELD agent from Item 47, will be showing up in next week's episode), as well as Maximillio Hernandez (who played the SHIELD agent from Thor, Avengers, was also in Item 47, and will be in CA-TWS) will be in an upcoming episode.

I like that the various SHIELD personnel from the films have all appeared (or will appear in the near future) on the show.

Also a lot of different shows on different networks usually do reruns during the week of the World Series. Sleepy Hallow reran it's pilot also. Before cable was a huge contender nobody competed against the big sporting events. I guess the major networks still do that.

Also a lot of different shows on different networks usually do reruns during the week of the World Series. Sleepy Hallow reran it's pilot also. Before cable was a huge contender nobody competed against the big sporting events. I guess the major networks still do that.

Very good point. Safe to say most competing networks aren't bothering to run new programming (for the most part) against major sporting events. Not a big surprise.

But yeah, we'll see the next new episode next week, and new episodes throughout November and the first week (and maybe two) of December before holiday programming cuts in for the latter portion of the month. Then early to mid-January, business as usual with the remaining half of the 22 episodes (thereby 11 or so more) from January to May, with occasional repeats, a pre-empt or two, all leading up to a season finale airing possibly early in April to coincide with Captain America - The Winter Soldier's release...

...but more likely sometime during the good ole May Sweeps.

For your consideration.

This is a really solid show. I'm surprised. I liked the robot eye one.

Shows always have done that. It's how they stretch out episodes until April-May.

Very good point. Safe to say most competing networks aren't bothering to run new programming (for the most part) against major sporting events. Not a big surprise.

But yeah, we'll see the next new episode next week, and new episodes throughout November and the first week (and maybe two) of December before holiday programming cuts in for the latter portion of the month. Then early to mid-January, business as usual with the remaining half of the 22 episodes (thereby 11 or so more) from January to May, with occasional repeats, a pre-empt or two, all leading up to a season finale airing possibly early in April to coincide with Captain America - The Winter Soldier's release...

For your consideration.

Huh, okay. I guess all of that makes sense. I probably never watched a show consistently every week before Lost came along. And stuff was way more. Episodic when I was younger too.

For your consideration.

"MARVEL'S AGENTS OF SHIELD" TO TIE-IN TO "THOR: THE DARK WORLD"

The Nov. 19 episode of ABC's "Agents of SHIELD" takes place in the aftermath of "Thor: The Dark World,"
That's so cool! :rockon:

Last edited:
Just a little comparison between the audience of Arrow (season 1), Arrow (season 2) and AoS (season 1) :
All numbers are in US millions of viewers.

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x01
4,14 / 2,74 / 12,12

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x02
3,55 / 3,06 / 8,66

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x03
3,51 / 2,89 / 7,87

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x04
3,05 / 2,37 / 7,85

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x05
3,75 / ? / 7,39

Just a little comparison between the audience of Arrow (season 1), Arrow (season 2) and AoS (season 1) :
All numbers are in US millions of viewers.

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x01
4,14 / 2,74 / 12,12

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x02
3,55 / 3,06 / 8,66

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x03
3,51 / 2,89 / 7,87

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x04
3,05 / 2,37 / 7,85

Arrow (s1) / Arrow (s2) / AoS 1x05
3,75 / ? / 7,39

Bear in mind, CW isn't even in the same league as ABC when it comes to viewership numbers.

I think those are pretty respectable numbers for CW.

Tonight's was a good episode. More serious and higher stakes. The ending resolution was a bit cheesy but overall it was quite good.

Yeah, i liked it too. And yep, still cheesy at the end. Ward is at least as worthy to be on the Avengers as Black Widow or Hawkeye.

My one problem was that the episode should have been called SMMMNNS not FZZT

Get it? FZZTSMMMNS

Victoria Hand (Saffron Burrows) Comes to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

detail.jpg
detail.jpg

detail.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i read she was going to be on it. That's cool. I wonder if she's going to be part of the lead up to the more militaristic SHIELD from Cap 2?

This episode taught me that I care a lot more about Fitz and Simmons than I previously thought.

Latest posts

Back