Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

What did you guys think of the season premiere? I liked it. I'm wondering where Simmons is. Poor Fitz. :(

The only complaint I have is Lash. He looks kind of dumb. But that's minor. I'm excited for the new season and my weekly dose of the MCU!

Yeah, I didn't like Lash's costume much either. The hair/bristles just looked off and moved weirdly, to the point of eye-rolling unbelievability. Oh well.

I'm assuming Simmons may be on a planet somewhere that relates to the Kree or Inhumans somehow (the older Inhumans who presumably aren't on Earth any longer, like Blackbolt, Medusa, etc).

Perhaps in the MCU the Inhumans have their home on a different planet...?

Given the whole push to expand and include the Inhumans last season and this season, it almost seems like AoS is largely a lead-in to the eventual Inhumans movie in a few years, least looking at last season and what's planned for this season.

Loved Lash. I love it when shows use practical effects. Last season with Zabo was great too. This was a solid premiere that would have been made better if we got Ward. He's in the next episode, but that's the plot that I like the most. He's such a little ****, I love it.

I also loved the Civil War build up. Everyone hates the Avengers now, it's great. Especially Iron Man. Civil War is going to be fantastic.

Simmons is most likely on Hala, the Kree homeworld. That or the blue area of the moon, I'd like that more. As forced as the Inhumans have been in the comics they felt really natural and organic in the MCU. I just hope they don't go overboard on revealing characters to be Inhumans. I wish the FF were here to see this ;_;.

Speaking of organic, the references were silky smooth. After the Age of Ultron tie-in I was worried we were back to AFTER THE BATTLE OF NEW YORK, but even the reference to Pym felt like the one we had for Man-Thing. The show actually feels like it's in the same universe now. I suppose a part of that was me accepting that it wasn't very good at the start and even during The Winter Soldier tie-in it still felt like "come see our big movie!", but it's definitely earned it's spot now.

Blue area of the moon quickly became a popular theory, but the shot with the sky would seem to negate that. That definitely isn't Earth space.

Lash pretty much looks like his comic counterpart, just with his hair feathery and a lot more it. Tough to tell if he'll have the same reddish skin since he was always in the dark in the episode.

lash-1-153290.jpg

Last edited:
It's true that Lash looked pretty much like the comics counterpart. But Joe Mad's art doesn't translate to the screen very well. He looked like a B-movie monster.

He looked like a B-movie monster.

That's actually why I loved that, Zabo was the same way. I'm a sucker b-movies and practical effects. Grodd in The Flash was cool, but also a let down because they went with special effects. It's just more visually pleasing to me knowing there's a physical object there.

Last edited:
Well, I'm glad they got Simmons back, but I have to admit it happened more quickly than I was expecting. And now the obelisk is destroyed. I'm not sure if they just had her get sucked in there as a cliff hanger that they wanted to wrap up quickly this season, or if there is going to be more to it.

I also wonder if Dr Asgardian guy will be around for a bit. The way he talked about inhumans at the end made it seem like there was more coming.

You know what I love? Inhumans. You know what I don't really care for? X-Men. This show is losing me fast and I wish it wasn't because the Hydra plot is by far the best thing the show has done.

What is the show doing that's losing you?

This week's episode was good. That fight between Hunter and Spud was pretty brutal.

I love all the subplots, but the main story of the Inhumans is just X-Men and X-Men bores the hell out of me because it's a terrible analogy for minorities. Insulting actually considering that mutants are, in fact, dangerous to society so the hate is pretty justified. Last time I checked black people can't shoot lasers out of their eyes. I could be wrong though.

This week's episode was good. That fight between Hunter and Spud was pretty brutal.
That was crazy. I love that Fitz and Simmons are together and how they're handling Simmons is perfect. Can't wait to see why she has to go back (LOST moment there).

I love all the subplots, but the main story of the Inhumans is just X-Men and X-Men bores the hell out of me because it's a terrible analogy for minorities. Insulting actually considering that mutants are, in fact, dangerous to society so the hate is pretty justified. Last time I checked black people can't shoot lasers out of their eyes. I could be wrong though.
If that's what you take out of X-Men, you're definitely wrong. But that's a topic for another thread.

I've always said that that is what the X-Men SHOULD be about and if they could do that rather than all of the garbage they've been doing over the last 30 years especially it would be a lot more interesting.

That was crazy. I love that Fitz and Simmons are together and how they're handling Simmons is perfect. Can't wait to see why she has to go back (LOST moment there).

If that's what you take out of X-Men, you're definitely wrong. But that's a topic for another thread.

That's not what I take out of it, that's what they've always been since they were created. Jason Aaron had the right idea by not making be anything about that. The minority angle just doesn't work for me.

black people can't shoot lasers out of their eyes.

Hey now, easy with the blanket generalizations there, buddy.

That's not what I take out of it, that's what they've always been since they were created. Jason Aaron had the right idea by not making be anything about that. The minority angle just doesn't work for me.

That's always been an element of the X-Men, but bizarre space opera and time travel and alternate dimensions and convoluted family history are a bigger part of it.

But regardless, we knew that the Inhumans were going to take the X-Men's place in the MCU, since they can't use the X-Men.

Last edited:
I was referring to the insulting part more than anything.

But regardless, we knew that the Inhumans were going to take the X-Men's place in the MCU, since they can't use the X-Men.
Yeah, just wish the movie wasn't so far away. I really want to see the main Inhumans now!

So, the show seems to be hinting that Rosalind Price is actually Lash... Whether or not it's her, I'm pretty confused as to why they would try so hard to make Lash LOOK so much like the comic book character and then make the character of Lash so different from the comic book character.

I think that Andrew isn't actually dead, but that he fought back and killed the other guys and Strucker Jr just barely escaped.

And I'm really looking forward to next week's episode so we can find out what happened to Jemma.

So, the show seems to be hinting that Rosalind Price is actually Lash... Whether or not it's her, I'm pretty confused as to why they would try so hard to make Lash LOOK so much like the comic book character and then make the character of Lash so different from the comic book character.
Really? I never got that the show was hinting that. I'm thinking it's her head security guy that always gives Coulson the stink eye.

Really? I never got that the show was hinting that. I'm thinking it's her head security guy that always gives Coulson the stink eye.

Yeah, I thought that too, but then just the way she appeared when they were talking about who Lash is, and then the way Daisy told her that Coulson was after another target who wasn't an inhuman and then said, "not your thing."

They were talking about who Lash could be and then she immediately walks in, but I think they want us to think it's her, but really it's Andrew or that bald ATCU guy. We won't find out until probably episode 6, but my money is on Andrew. Speaking of Price, when are she and Coulson going to hook up?

I'm glad we're getting answers next episode. They definitely picked up the pace this season. I was shocked to see Hunter confronting Ward already. That crack about him killing Mask was great. May is so pissed at him though all that and he only got Ward in the shoulder.

Strucker Jr. is much more compelling then his father and even has that bratty rich kid thing going for him, but the real star of this episode was the guy just blantly recording Andrew in the middle of the store. That was the second funniest thing I have seen all week with the first being Ammunition Depot on Gotham.

Great episode

Latest posts

Back