Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

We even got a hatch. I really liked this episode. I know it was DIrishB's favorite for other reasons, but I thought it was very well acted and I liked that the set felt real. I loved the silent title screen and the Monster was genuinely terrifying. I loved how stand alone it felt even though it gave tons of answers and even setup next week's episode with the NASA stuff. I feel bad for Fitz though. First his best friend tries to kill him, then his best friend abandons him in his time of need, and when she finally wants to go out with him she gets whisked away to another planet and hooks up with an incredibly young looking hot guy from 2001. Poor poor Fitz.

Speaking of next week, Ward returns and so does Melina May and it looks like Mockingbird is back in action as well. Should be pretty good.

Last edited:
so in a shocking twist that surprised no one, Andrew is Lash. Nothing will ever be the same!

The question I do have, however, is has he always been Lash? Or did his teregenesis happen because of the fish oil?

So, I've come to the conclusion that nobody on this show should ever be involved in a romantic relationship. They will turn into a monster, or you will die and be brought back to life, or one of you will get tortured and shot and almost die, or one of you will get sucked into a portal and get stranded on a weird planet and fall in love with the only other person on this planet, or they will betray you, or some combination of these options. Every time.

In other news, I've come to the conclusion that Elizabeth Henstridge looks like a Jim Lawson drawing (but prettier, obviously.)

simmons-season-2-promo-146746.png

Screen_Shot_2015_11_14_at_12_12_05_AM.png

Last edited:
I liked that episode a lot. It's kind of weird to retcon Hydra into an ancient death cult that worships an inhuman, but it mostly fit pretty well. And I'm glad Rosalind isn't Hydra after all. They got me. I was sure she was bad after last week's episode.

Poor FitzSimmons. :(

I liked that episode a lot. It's kind of weird to retcon Hydra into an ancient death cult that worships an inhuman, but it mostly fit pretty well. And I'm glad Rosalind isn't Hydra after all. They got me. I was sure she was bad after last week's episode.

Poor FitzSimmons. :(

It fits in well with Jonathan Hickman's SHIELD comic's origin for Hydra. Ward absolutely owned this episode though. They should rename this to Grant Ward and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because he deserves top billing. "Thank you for flying with Hydra"

Last edited:
It fits in well with Jonathan Hickman's SHIELD comic's origin for Hydra. Ward absolutely owned this episode though. They should rename this to Grant Ward and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because he deserves top billing. "Thank you for flying with Hydra"

Ward really has become the most interesting and riveting character on the show. He out-bad-asses every other badass on the show. If it's a Ward scene, you know some cool **** is about to go down. It's also kind of sad that he's one of the more capable human villains in the entirety of the MCU (compared to the films even).

I'm gonna be that guy and say he's the best MCU villain period. Followed by Zabo, Kingpin, Cross, and Red Skull.

I agree. I just wish he had better motivations than "I want to destroy SHIELD because May made me shoot my girlfriend."

He's scary and awesome and menacing, but he's just a mad dog. I want to see him have real purpose and direction. Hopefully Gideon will help focus him like that. Maybe he'll become his new father figure.

So, I've come to the conclusion that nobody on this show should ever be involved in a romantic relationship.

And I'm glad Rosalind isn't Hydra after all. They got me. I was sure she was bad after last week's episode.

Back to my original premise. No one ever.

Also, next week is the winter finale. Agent Carter is confirmed for 10 episodes and it's premiering on January 19th, so next week's episode will be the last until March 29th (unless Agent Carter does another 2 hour premiere, then March 22nd).

Last edited:
So March 22nd. That's a brutally long wait, but I guess having a long wait with another show replacing it is better than just having a bunch of random weeks without an episode.

Is that confirmed or are you assuming based on Agent Carter's premiere date? It's likely they'll air the AC finale as a two hour/two episode finale, so actually probably March 8 is when AC Season 2 ends, and March 15 is probably when AoS Season 3 picks back up. I have a feeling either AoS will return with a 2 hour premiere, or air possibly two episodes on one night for the CA-Civil War tie-in episodes.

I have a feeling AoS will run from March 15-May 17 for last half of season, with at least a couple nights of two episodes airing to finish off Season by May sweeps week. Really, really doubt it will run into late May (May 24/31).

Last edited:
Is that confirmed or are you assuming based on Agent Carter's premiere date?
It's a theory based on the facts currently available. :)

EDIT:
It's likely they'll air the AC finale as a two hour/two episode finale, so actually probably March 8 is when AC Season 2 ends, and March 15 is probably when AoS Season 3 picks back up.

ABC has released the return date of AOS for March 8, so even earlier than you suspected. That only leaves 7 weeks for Agent Carter. ABC originally planned to premiere Agent Carter season 2 on January 5, 2 weeks earlier, but they had to push it back because of the State of the Union address, which is scheduled for January 12. Before that delay, it worked perfectly for a two-hour premiere and then 8 weeks following. I wonder what they'll do now. Likely a two-hour finale, but where will the other extra episode go?

I have a feeling either AoS will return with a 2 hour premiere, or air possibly two episodes on one night for the CA-Civil War tie-in episodes.

I have a feeling AoS will run from March 15-May 17 for last half of season, with at least a couple nights of two episodes airing to finish off Season by May sweeps week. Really, really doubt it will run into late May (May 24/31).
So assuming there are 22 episodes in the season, there will be 12 left after the break. If we get one episode a week, the second half of the season for AOS will be March 8 - May 24. But, if one week is a double header (I assume probably the finale rather than the winter premiere or the week leading into Civil War), then it will be finished by May 17, as you said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back