Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

It's a theory based on the facts currently available. :)

EDIT:

ABC has released the return date of AOS for March 8, so even earlier than you suspected. That only leaves 7 weeks for Agent Carter. ABC originally planned to premiere Agent Carter season 2 on January 5, 2 weeks earlier, but they had to push it back because of the State of the Union address, which is scheduled for January 12. Before that delay, it worked perfectly for a two-hour premiere and then 8 weeks following. I wonder what they'll do now. Likely a two-hour finale, but where will the other extra episode go?

I have a feeling either AoS will return with a 2 hour premiere, or air possibly two episodes on one night for the CA-Civil War tie-in episodes.

So assuming there are 22 episodes in the season, there will be 12 left after the break. If we get one episode a week, the second half of the season for AOS will be March 8 - May 24. But, if one week is a double header (I assume probably the finale rather than the winter premiere or the week leading into Civil War), then it will be finished by May 17, as you said.

I guarantee it will end May 17 to tie into and capitalize off the Nielsen Sweeps week (antiquated and ineffective a system as it is).

They'll likely do a two hour finale on May 17. Season 2's final two episodes aired the same night, and combined with aligning with Sweeps week, that makes most sense.

So after that last episode, do we have any clearer idea of who the creature is or what the planet was? What do we know about nine alien cities in the Marvel universe? Or a creature that reanimates dead bodies?

Also, what did Ward see that made him realized his life had purpose? I assume he knew he was going to die and be taken over by the creature. Did he see that Will was really dead? Was it the giant hydra symbol?

That part felt very similar to what happened to Raina after she had her vision before she died.

So after that last episode, do we have any clearer idea of who the creature is or what the planet was? What do we know about nine alien cities in the Marvel universe? Or a creature that reanimates dead bodies?

Also, what did Ward see that made him realized his life had purpose? I assume he knew he was going to die and be taken over by the creature. Did he see that Will was really dead? Was it the giant hydra symbol?

That part felt very similar to what happened to Raina after she had her vision before she died.

Hive I think. That would fit at least.

His faith in Hydra was rewarded so he felt like everything he worked for had purpose.

I got nothing. I'm usually pretty good at figuring this stuff out. It looked like a slug like creature came out of Will's mouth after he died. But I don't know any slug like creature with body position powers from Marvel Comics. As for the planet, it's either Ego or it might be that planet from Jack Kirby's 2001: A Space Odyssey

Last edited:
Going through this again with my cousin. Ward is really well set up. In episode 7 he asks Fitz how long he can breath underwater. There's other really subtle stuff too. I believe they had his twist planned from the start.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Hive.

He specifically said he had seen something terrible that gave his life purpose for the first time ever.

Maybe he realized what Malick's plan was and was happy with how he fit into it?

Last edited:
[video=youtube;xt6uagFjJsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt6uagFjJsU[/video]

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/0...s?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Would love to know the episode title-synopsis for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 311! — Susan
Your wish is my command. I can exclusively reveal that the title of the midseason premiere is "Bouncing Back." And here's the synopsis: "In the aftermath of his trip to Maveth, Coulson is more determined than ever to get to Gideon Malick and put an end to Hydra once and for all. Daisy and the team encounter more Inhumans who have powers like they've never seen before, but will they be friends or enemies of S.H.I.E.L.D.?" Dun. Dun. Duuuuuun.

Why are the villains on this show so good? I wouldn't mind of Malick was revealed to be Red Skull at this point.

They released a promo

[video=youtube_share;PVYQf9ItFLk]https://youtu.be/PVYQf9ItFLk[/video]

Is this the new 10 Cloverfield Lane thread? Am I the only one that cares?

Last edited:
I know this is ridiculous, but I got a bit emotional in the spy's goodbye scene. That was a good sendoff for Bobbi and Hunter.

My cousin and I did too. I don't know why, I know where they're going and yet, it hit my heart. This show is really emotional at times, I don't really have any other show that gets me like this one does. Maybe Star Wars Rebels with Ashoka.

Daisy nooooooo...

This Hive stuff isn't my favourite arc in AoS. He was cooler as a monster they were trying to stop from getting to earth than he is as a bad guy. Especially since its pretty clear that Lash's purpose is to kill him.

I'm looking forward to the Civil War crossover episodes, though!

I hope next week has more crossover than this week's did
"There was paranoia and mistrust and civil war."
"Not much has changed."

Huh, I really thought Lash was going to kill Hive at the end off the season. And it looks like he could have.

This episode had a few nerdy reveals with the alpha primitives and Hellfire (maybe that was already known, but I didn't realize it until he picked up the chain.)

And now it seems like Mac might be the one who dies. Let's see how much that necklace gets passed around.

So I really enjoyed the finale. It was a good wrap-up of the season and the tease of next season was really intriguing. I also liked the way they wove the themes from Christianity throughout the episodes, calling them Absolution and Ascension, the image of the cross, talking about how Lucas died for their sins, exploring the idea of undeserved forgiveness. I thought it was all really poignant stuff. I may be a bit biased, though.

I also liked how half of the episode was a zombie movie.

We will find out very soon, but Ghost Rider is all but confirmed for season 4.

First we had this train car

chain.jpg

Next TVLine let out that they were casting for "a pair of Latino brothers, one of whom is always the most dangerous person in the room, the other paralyzed in a wheelchair."

Lastly we have this car from the SDCC showroom floor.

Cn-tM6jVMAAZFm8.jpg

Very exciting. The Agents of SHIELD panel is in thirty minutes at 6 PM EST

Latest posts

Back