Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

I don't buy Fitz turning either. His father being this important came out of nowhere. It would have made more sense for Simmons since it's already been established that she has trouble with her parents. Unless something huge is revealed, like he killed his dad or something, I can't imagine anything that will have a big enough of an emotional impact. Having said that, him coming out of the Framework was great and I hope it doesn't get swept under the rug like his brain damage did.

For me LMD was the best the show had been with the finale of it being the best episode. Like I said though, there's not enough world building. Why did that one instance turn the entire world into Hydra? Where were all the heroes?

I don't buy Fitz turning either. His father being this important came out of nowhere. It would have made more sense for Simmons since it's already been established that she has trouble with her parents. Unless something huge is revealed, like he killed his dad or something, I can't imagine anything that will have a big enough of an emotional impact. Having said that, him coming out of the Framework was great and I hope it doesn't get swept under the rug like his brain damage did.
He mentioned in the LMD arc that every time he got close to a guy they either turned out to be evil (Ward, Radcliffe) or ended up leaving (Hunter). He then talked about his dad leaving and the Radcliffe LMD talked about knowing his dad. They clearly threw that in there at the last minute to set up that his greatest regret was not knowing his father, but they did set it up. If his dad is a bad dude, then it makes a decent amount of sense that of he raised Fitz, Fitz would turn out to be a bad dude.

For me LMD was the best the show had been with the finale of it being the best episode.
Yeah, I remember you saying that. For me, the arc went out with a fizzel, except that it set up the framework arc. To each his own.

Like I said though, there's not enough world building. Why did that one instance turn the entire world into Hydra? Where were all the heroes?

That's a fair question. Maybe Couldon wasn't around to bring them together like you suggested. Maybe Aida wrote them out of the code for the framework. She definitely manipulated it for her purposes in other ways.

He then talked about his dad leaving and the Radcliffe LMD talked about knowing his dad. They clearly threw that in there at the last minute to set up that his greatest regret was not knowing his father, but they did set it up. If his dad is a bad dude, then it makes a decent amount of sense that of he raised Fitz, Fitz would turn out to be a bad dude.

All from this season, it was an arc they set up this season for this season. It's nothing previously established in an early season which is why I said it was out of nowhere. It's just not clicking for me.

Captain America: With Phil Coulson not overlooking his thawing out Steve Rogers was subjected to Hydra's control. Rogers and his WWII friend and comrade James Buchanan Barnes work as Winter Soldiers silently taking out Hydra's opposition behind the scenes.

Tony Stark: Died in 2011 from Palladium poisoning his legacy lives on in the Hydra Iron Legion

Maria Hill: Tragically killed on Insight Day

Stephen Strange: Tragically killed on Insight Day

But the show never tells us any of it so it's not canon. This is though

fBdsVyG.jpg

It would have been cool to find out what happened to the Avengers, but ultimately it doesn't matter for the story they wanted to tell. They were more interested in making nods to characters and plot lines from the show. I understand that.

It would have been cool to find out what happened to the Avengers, but ultimately it doesn't matter for the story they wanted to tell. They were more interested in making nods to characters and plot lines from the show. I understand that.

That's what I'm saying though, there's so little world building. I got so hyped when we got the teaser at the end of LMD and then a throw away line explaining that one thing happened in an evil cult took over the world. It's like they forgot that the show took place in a larger universe. IDK, it just didn't work for me. Very excited for the next episode though

Last edited:
That's what I'm saying though, there's so little world building. I got so hyped when we got the teaser at the end of LMD and then a throw away line explaining that one thing happened in an evil cult took over the world. It's like they forgot that the show took place in a larger universe. IDK, it just didn't work for me. Very excited for the next episode though

Fair enough.

I just realized this still hasn't been renewed. Wonder what's up

Hey, I just realized the Russian is MODOK. That's cool.

This show is exploring some interesting concepts. Fitz struggled to understand Ward being a bad guy in season one and said he didn't believe that some people were evil. Now he's experienced that everyone has the potential for great evil and is struggling to cope with it. I wonder how or if the show will address it.

I'm hoping when I binge this season it'll watch better. This new episodes just seemed like a disaster, but people are praising it so who knows.

Hey, I just realized the Russian is MODOK. That's cool.

That was odd. Still trying to figure out if I like that, kind of came out of nowhere.

Cool. Bring it back with a limited season (12-16 episodes) to achieve cheaper budget while allocating more per episode, and balance it with Inhumans in Fall, plus make room for potential Ghost Rider show. There's a reason they're bringing him back in finale, and while it's possible it's only to join cast of AoS Season 5, it seems more likely they're aiming to spin him off into his own TV show. I know many want it on Netflix but doubt that'll happen since ABC technically introduced the character and likely have first option on Robbie for TV purposes.

Cool. Bring it back with a limited season (12-16 episodes) to achieve cheaper budget while allocating more per episode, and balance it with Inhumans in Fall, plus make room for potential Ghost Rider show. There's a reason they're bringing him back in finale, and while it's possible it's only to join cast of AoS Season 5, it seems more likely they're aiming to spin him off into his own TV show. I know many want it on Netflix but doubt that'll happen since ABC technically introduced the character and likely have first option on Robbie for TV purposes.

It's a full season https://www.instagram.com/p/BT-R5U0FDCx/

I wonder where next season is going to go, storywise.
I hope the Superior/MODOK (sort of) and Senator Nadeer story is wrapped up in the finale, but that seems unlikely, so maybe them.

I assume they will still be on the run from Talbot and the military.

Since Ghost Rider is back, it makes sense that there might be more supernatural stuff, but the lower budget suggests otherwise.

Maybe some kind of tie in with the Inhumans show?

Maybe they will continue with the multiple pods format and do a little bit of all of this, or something else entirely.

I'd be fine with them ending it. They have like what, two hanging plot threads now? Graviton and the senator's brother are all I can think of. Just have the season focus on those.

Latest posts

Back