Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

So Aida just keeps getting more and more creepy. Watching her process the fact that she was based on a woman that Radcliffe loved was very unsettling.

(Yes, I'm aware that I'm basically the only one posting in anything other than the timeline threads)

I love how we finally have Nitro in the MCU, even though he has a different real name.

That episode was pretty weak. The superior is a pretty lame villain. But I guess the stuff with Aida in the background was more important, setting up this week's episode.

That episode was pretty weak. The superior is a pretty lame villain. But I guess the stuff with Aida in the background was more important, setting up this week's episode.

I love the Superior. He was built up as a big bad until he reveals that he thinks Coulson is the reason all the aliens and superpowered people are popping up everywhere. That's when you realize he's a conspiracy nut. Then you get that fantastic flashback with young Coulson and May with bangs. Superior is in it as this super minor character. For him Coulson is this huge threat and he's been all about revenge, but then Coulson is just like "cool origin story, bro". He's a grunt that got in over his head and AIDA used him like the fiddle he is. I'm sure she's playing Radcliffe too. This next episode is the finale for the arc and the last episode until April, I'm sure we're about to get a lot of answers and enough questions to tide us over through March.

I love the Superior. He was built up as a big bad until he reveals that he thinks Coulson is the reason all the aliens and superpowered people are popping up everywhere. That's when you realize he's a conspiracy nut. Then you get that fantastic flashback with young Coulson and May with bangs. Superior is in it as this super minor character. For him Coulson is this huge threat and he's been all about revenge, but then Coulson is just like "cool origin story, bro". He's a grunt that got in over his head and AIDA used him like the fiddle he is. I'm sure she's playing Radcliffe too. This next episode is the finale for the arc and the last episode until April, I'm sure we're about to get a lot of answers and enough questions to tide us over through March.

I get all of that. It just... fell flat for me. I don't think I like bait and switch villains. I didn't love Iron Man 3, either.

The one time that a twist like this really worked for me was in the Spider-Man 2 video game when you fight mysterio. After getting through several levels of death trap fun houses and illusions you chase him into a convenience store. When you corner him, he's like, 'okay Spider-Man, you asked for it' and this ginormous health bar pops up on the screen and then two shields are added on top of it. I actually ran away to prepare myself for this huge battle, but he went down with one punch. It was perfect because that's Mysterio.

How do you feel about him now?

This whole episode was fantastic. Right up there, if not topping the Simmons on the planet episode. I laughed, I cried, I shouted obscenities at the TV. So much emotion. Fitz and Simmons, Simmons and Daisy, Daisy and Simmons and May, May and Coulson, and it DEFINITELY earned that 10 PM slot this episode. I haven't been this invested in a show since Breaking Bad. Lastly,
HAIL HYDRA!

Yeah, it was a good episode with a crazy ending. Aida is a terribly creepy villain. We'll see where the superior goes now that he's a disembodied head controlling a robot avatar.

I'm impressed they managed to bring Ward back again.

mh_145891_0413.jpg

Madame Hydra, anyone...?

I wonder if that's Agnes (Radcliffe's previous girlfriend on whom Aida is based). She was uploaded to the framework. Or maybe it's Aida in the framework making sure things run smoothly.

Or maybe it's neither?

Man, this is the most exciting that AOS has been... probably since the fall of SHIELD in season 1. Doctor Fitz and his relationship with his father are awesome (if a little obvious). I love that May switched because of the kids. And Mace got to be a hero. And Tripp! Great episode. Great arc. I really hope it continues next season.

So I'm finally caught up on AoS. The Agents of Hydra/Framework arc has been quite good, basically a salute to the character arcs and redemption arc rolled into one.

A sidenote, the actor who plays Alistair Fitz, Fitz's father, also played a character named Fitzy in The Departed.

#ItsAllConnected

I'm so glad we're out of the Framework. Weird not having a two part finale, but I'm more than hyped.

I'm so glad we're out of the Framework. Weird not having a two part finale, but I'm more than hyped.

You didn't like the framework story? I thought it was top notch. I was so stressed out last episode. Poor Fitz is going to be so messed up. And Mack! Aaaaahhh!

Yeah, I liked the Framework arc, as it served as both a great mirror reflection/What If nod (right down to the episode title), as well as a sort of retrospective/reunion piece (with Ward, Tripp) in a way.

That said, I am glad they're back in the real world now.

You didn't like the framework story? I thought it was top notch. I was so stressed out last episode. Poor Fitz is going to be so messed up. And Mack! Aaaaahhh!

I genuinely don't see what people are seeing. They've given barely any reason for me to believe in this universe. It'd be one thing if they had more world building, maybe go in depth on how Coulson never brought together the Avengers or something. I just can't care about this universe and nothing that happens in it is important. Even Mace dying has zero effect on anything, they're just kind of like "oh man, that sucks". From the looks of it they even get over their merged memories pretty quickly too. Until last episode it all just feels like filler.

I genuinely don't see what people are seeing. They've given barely any reason for me to believe in this universe. It'd be one thing if they had more world building, maybe go in depth on how Coulson never brought together the Avengers or something. I just can't care about this universe and nothing that happens in it is important. Even Mace dying has zero effect on anything, they're just kind of like "oh man, that sucks". From the looks of it they even get over their merged memories pretty quickly too. Until last episode it all just feels like filler.
It's all about Fitz, man. It was crazy seeing him as evil. And it was stressfull because it makes you (or at least me) worry about him. Will they get through to him? Will he kill Gemma? How will he cope back in the real world? (By the way, he was a mess, and didn't get over it quickly at all).

But also, it sucks for Mack who just wants to be with his daughter. And now he's still in the framework and might die there.

I get that nobody else mattered in the framework. They aren't real, but the characters were still stuck in this messed up world and were in real danger.

I think it's been a great take on alternate reality without going full out multiverse (which might seem like a rip off of the Flash). By far the best arc off the season and maybe the best the show has ever been.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back