Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. discussion (spoilers)

Man, tonight's episode was great. Resolution of the Ghost Rider/Eli plotline (for now), getting to see Mace suited up as Patriot, Aida actually doing what LMDs do best. Lot of fun and very satisfying.

Only thing I wasn't a fan of was Aida apparently turning bad, what with her imprisoning the real May and putting an LMD copy of May in her place. It's too tropey and cliched regarding AI plots.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourite part of this episode was:
"You're drunk on power... or you drank your own koolaid... or you're drunk on powerade."

The Ghost Rider tease at the end was weird. Apparently Coulson knew about the previous Ghost Rider the whole time? Or he found out recently? What was that about?
But clearly when we see Robbie next he'll be possessed by/merged with his uncle. Two characters don't get pulled through an inter-dimensional portal with an exploding nuclear bomb and not end up merged together. If that's not a trope is should be.

As for Aida, that was to be expected from the beginning. But I wonder what her motivations are. The obvious answer is that she is trying to replace the field agents who aren't powered in order to protect them. If so, yes that's UBER tropey.

But I enjoyed the episode and am mildly interested in the Slingshot miniseries. That runs for six weeks starting next week, yeah? That would mean SHIELD would be back potentially Jan 24? Or maybe a week or two later to allow for some weeks off?

My favourite part of this episode was:
"You're drunk on power... or you drank your own koolaid... or you're drunk on powerade."

The Ghost Rider tease at the end was weird. Apparently Coulson knew about the previous Ghost Rider the whole time? Or he found out recently? What was that about?
But clearly when we see Robbie next he'll be possessed by/merged with his uncle. Two characters don't get pulled through an inter-dimensional portal with an exploding nuclear bomb and not end up merged together. If that's not a trope is should be.

As for Aida, that was to be expected from the beginning. But I wonder what her motivations are. The obvious answer is that she is trying to replace the field agents who aren't powered in order to protect them. If so, yes that's UBER tropey.

But I enjoyed the episode and am mildly interested in the Slingshot miniseries. That runs for six weeks starting next week, yeah? That would mean SHIELD would be back potentially Jan 24? Or maybe a week or two later to allow for some weeks off?
The promo shows the show returns January 10.

I just read on Wikipedia that the episodes of AOS: Slingshot will be 3-6 minutes long. I thought this was going to be a full-length miniseries.

Well, I can say that I absolutely did not see that ending coming. Here I though LMD was going to be boring. It's a six episode arc with the final eight episodes being a third arc. I love this idea of making tiny miniseries inside of a regular series. The Netflix shows should definitely adopt this.

Mac's robot paranoia was hilarious. He's a huge dork.

Roll credits.

Yeah, I didn't see that ending coming either. One of the most interesting parts of this arc is that the May LMD thinks she is actually May. That's going to be sad later on.

I enjoyed the hints and jokes about the identity of the Koenigs. I'm a bit disappointed that they just turned out to be identical quadruplets who were technicians on the early LMD project (as well as experts in hiding things... I guess). Comicbook.com posted an article pointing out that this fixes a small continuity problem, since Tony Stark mentions LMDs in Avengers. We can assume he was aware of the project.

So I guess the Russian captain is 'the superior' since he seems to be in charge and uses the word superior a lot. I was a little worried at first that we were going to find out that Fitz's dad was the superior. That would have been lame. Still, I assume Fitz's dad will show up now that he's been mentioned.

Latest posts

Back