All about commercials Thread (The Good, The Bad, and The WTF!)

Re: Stupid commercials

American politicians lose at life, so much that it is beyond the ability of mere words to convey.

I hate politics. Don't give a damn about it.
Someone has to, otherwise you end up with people in office like the ones you've got now. But thats a matter for another thread.

Someone has to, otherwise you end up with people in office like the ones you've got now. But thats a matter for another thread.
Of course someone has to. Just not me.

But to keep on topic and this speaking of politics, I hate the commercials with politicians doing nothing but talking trash about their competion. It's always the same thing. I think I see about one add where the guy (or woman) talks about themself maybe once every couple years or so.

You know what commercials are stupid? The "PC vs Mac". They're such full ****. They act as Macs are perfect and nothing can ever go wrong. Such bull****. Macs have given me plenty of problems and frozen on me before.

You know what commercials are stupid? The "PC vs Mac". They're such full ****. They act as Macs are perfect and nothing can ever go wrong. Such bull****. Macs have given me plenty of problems and frozen on me before.
They certainly do put a hell of a lot of money into those commercials. What really shocks me is that the only sustanial difference between the two is their operating systems. You can get the same software for PCs as you can for Macs.

What I love about Apple is that the only part of the company that's doing well is iTunes and iPods. It really makes you wonder if they'd even be around right now if they had never come out with the iPod.

They certainly do put a hell of a lot of money into those commercials. What really shocks me is that the only sustanial difference between the two is their operating systems. You can get the same software for PCs as you can for Macs.

What I love about Apple is that the only part of the company that's doing well is iTunes and iPods. It really makes you wonder if they'd even be around right now if they had never come out with the iPod.

and quick time which most offical sites have trailers in. Now i know its free but there is also a payed version.

I'm sick of those flu shot commercials.

A kid lying in bed tells his mom he feels like s***. She then gives some pretensious, mocking speech about how it can't possibly be the flu because "the influenza vaccination helps to fight the flu virus by causing you to produce antibodies", and since you had the shot, you must be faking, so get up for school.

What a load. Everyone I know who gets that shot always feels like s*** the next day, and half of them get the flu a few months later anyway.

I hate all the stupid flu shot propaganda that gets shoved down out throats every Fall. Look at me. I've NEVER had the flu shot and, amazingly, I've somehow never gotten the flu either(!). Meanwhile my dad and half my friends get it every year and they've all gotten the flu several times.

Agreed on all accounts.

What really shocks me is that the only sustanial difference between the two is their operating systems.

Haha - yeah, that's true I guess. But that's kind of like saying the only substantial difference between a PlayStation and an XBox is the operating system. That's kind of the point.

You can get the same software for PCs as you can for Macs.

Many programs are available for PC *and* Mac, but not all. Most software made by smaller developers is not.

Haha - yeah, that's true I guess. But that's kind of like saying the only substantial difference between a PlayStation and an XBox is the operating system. That's kind of the point.
What I was trying to point out was that the ads are designed to show that you can do more with a Mac than you can with a PC. The ads act like Macs are better for "creative" projects. The "creative" capabilities of the computer has more to do with the software than the hardware with the exception of the graphics card.

Playstation and XBox is a good analogy, and I think that's a stupid rivalry, too.
Many programs are available for PC *and* Mac, but not all. Most software made by smaller developers is not.
True, but I've never come across any software for my PC that I needed that was only offered for Macs.

What I was trying to point out was that the ads are designed to show that you can do more with a Mac than you can with a PC. The ads act like Macs are better for "creative" projects. The "creative" capabilities of the computer has more to do with the software than the hardware with the exception of the graphics card.

Playstation and XBox is a good analogy, and I think that's a stupid rivalry, too.

True, but I've never come across any software for my PC that I needed that was only offered for Macs.

They are talking specifically about the iLife programs that are not available for PC - iMovie, GarageBand, etc. And you'd be surprised how much more user-friendly they are, especially for casual playing with.

I saw a really dumb one a while ago wear this woman takes her dog's old, weathered stuffed bear from him while he's sleeping, throws it out, and buys him a new one.

Do people know NOTHING about dogs?!:x

And to top it all off I have no idea what the commercial was for.

Tried this once. I still hurt. By the way, it was for Petdepot.

The Commercial Thread

Seen any good commercials lately? Any horriblely annoying ones?

I was searching for a particular commercial online and found this one with Jack White doing a Coke jingle. I guess it's from Australia. The White Stripes are one of my favorite bands of all time so this is cool.

But anyway, the commercial I saw lately that I liked, but kind of have questions about, was another Coke commercial. It features this old guy sitting on a porch and some lady comes up and hands him a Coke. He says "I've never tried one before" then drinks the Coks and says "What else have I been missing?"

He proceeds to do all kinds of wacky things, like sky-diving and mountain climbing and such. It's kind of a cute commercial, but leaves me with a few questions.

First of all, why would a guy that age have never tried a Coke before? It couldn't be accidental. He must have made a conscious decision not to drink Coke. And if he had never tried it before, like he claimed, why would he decide not to drink it?

And after a lifetime of avoiding Coke, why would he just casually decide to accept one from someone? And who was that lady that offered him one in the first place? Surely someone he's never met before, as anyone he's socialized with would have known of his bizarre boycott.

Last edited:
Re: The Commercial Thread

That Nutri-Grain commercial is the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life.

Edit: Dude.... The condom commercial is just as funny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back