All about commercials Thread (The Good, The Bad, and The WTF!)

Re: The Commercial Thread

I think that commercial was for Coke Zero, maybe?

Here's my favorite commercial Skydive for Bud Light

That was hilarious.:lol:

Feel Great

Best Commercial Ever.

"Babies EVERYWHERE...."

That's definitely in the running for my favourite commercial ever. I saw that last year and not only did I think it was one of the greatest things I'd seen in a long time, but the main guy in it looks almost exactly like my cousin/best friend so I showed it to him and it became one of our most treasured running jokes.

Actually, I'm going to say it's tied with this.

That one's great too.

Here's that Coke commercial I was talking about.

It was in the third quarter of the Super Bowl and called Coke: Rebirth.

Apparently the old guy was in a nursing home or something and the lady who gives him a Coke is a nurse.

I love that commercial, and it was tied with the other two Coke commercials as my favourite Superbowl Commercials of 2007.

I'm refering of course to these two:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zfhZfSVuup4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NwCn-D5xFdc

Those are contenders for my all-time favourite commercial too, and I remember the first time I saw the second one. It was in a movie theater and people actually applauded.

Great thread idea, by the way.

The Grand Theft Auto Coke commercial is fantastic. I was surprised to see it during the Super Bowl though since it's been in theaters for probably close to a year now, I think.

I know it's nothing new, but what's the deal with all the commercials, particularly on the radio, where men are portrayed as complete imbeciles who have to bow to the intellectual superiority of women?

I mean, guys on sitcoms are always p-whipped, but this is like, way beyond that.

The one I heard today was for Buffalo Wild Wings, where a guy brags about how great men are and why he should get the last wing. The woman eventually tricks him into giving it to her after he runs out of things to brag about and reduces himself to mockingly repeating everything she says. The worst part was when the man says "Men created fire" and the woman says "What does that have to do with anything?"

What does that have to do with anything? I has everything to do with everything! If somebody didn't make fire we'd all be waiting around for lightning to strike or something when we wanted a hot meal.

Now, I'm not saying it's a valid argument for getting the last chicken wing, but you can't just callously dismiss it like that.

And another one that really bothers me is for Cherry Coke Zero. The woman is going on and on about how great it tastes and how there's only zero calories. The guy says "That's great" or something and the woman just goes off on him with, like, "That's great because I need to lose weight?" or some crap that didn't even remotely imply. He blabbers about for a little trying to explain himself and then says "I'll shut up now."

Why are you shutting up? **** that *****! You were agreeing with her and she makes you feel like you did something wrong? That's so freakin' ridiculous I think I might be offended. Grow some freakin' backbone and tell her to take that Cherry Coke Zero and shove it up her fat ***!

Those commercials are just to lure women into a false sense of security so we can take away their Driver's Licenses and right to vote.

I know it's nothing new, but what's the deal with all the commercials, particularly on the radio, where men are portrayed as complete imbeciles who have to bow to the intellectual superiority of women?

I mean, guys on sitcoms are always p-whipped, but this is like, way beyond that.

The one I heard today was for Buffalo Wild Wings, where a guy brags about how great men are and why he should get the last wing. The woman eventually tricks him into giving it to her after he runs out of things to brag about and reduces himself to mockingly repeating everything she says. The worst part was when the man says "Men created fire" and the woman says "What does that have to do with anything?"

What does that have to do with anything? I has everything to do with everything! If somebody didn't make fire we'd all be waiting around for lightning to strike or something when we wanted a hot meal.

Now, I'm not saying it's a valid argument for getting the last chicken wing, but you can't just callously dismiss it like that.

And another one that really bothers me is for Cherry Coke Zero. The woman is going on and on about how great it tastes and how there's only zero calories. The guy says "That's great" or something and the woman just goes off on him with, like, "That's great because I need to lose weight?" or some crap that didn't even remotely imply. He blabbers about for a little trying to explain himself and then says "I'll shut up now."

Why are you shutting up? **** that *****! You were agreeing with her and she makes you feel like you did something wrong? That's so freakin' ridiculous I think I might be offended. Grow some freakin' backbone and tell her to take that Cherry Coke Zero and shove it up her fat ***!

I couldn't agree with this more. I'm bombarded by s*** like that all over the radio every morning.

Possibly the worst commercial out there right now though is this one:

A man and a woman are at a Carnival. The man's eating a hotdog or something, and he offers her a bite. It zooms in on the woman's face and we hear her thinking about a complicated list of the various physical exercises or lack thereof she's done that day(well I didn't go to the gym, but I did walk the dog, but I didn't do this, but I did do that blah blah blah....). Finally, the woman says, what the heck I will "indulge myself", and reaches into her purse for a bag or rice crackers.

The narrator's voice starts in with it's "Indulge your active lifestyle with Crispy Minis blah blah"......followed by a cut back to the man and woman. The man, who previously offererd her a bite of his hotdog, reaches over, and she immeadiately snatchs the bag shut before he can have any of her full bag of rice crackers.

So not only is this commercial saying that a woman(who is already very thin) should only be able to have a snack if she's stuck to her carful regime of exercise, and even then only low-cal rice crackers are acceptable, but includes a final jab at the male doofus who had the audacity to ask for a rice cracker after already offering her some of his food.

The perfect "**** you" to both sexes.

The ESPN commercials of the guys talking out of their *** - those are great.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. If a woman were to say that all men are stupid, self-centered idiots, all the women would shout "You Go Girl!" and the men would be told to sit down and shut up. If a man said that all women were stupid, self-centered idiots, he would be a sexist and would face varying levels of rage.

Sexism is wrong in all forms and there shouldn't be some implied double standard. If you want respect, you should be willing to give it back.
Those commercials are just to lure women into a false sense of security so we can take away their Driver's Licenses and right to vote.
:lol:

I can't stand that Dodge Avenger commercial with the technician in the lab and he makes the engines rev to sound like "Smoke On The Water."

I can't stand that idiotic head bopping thing he does.

I liek how Heroes blatantly uses the Versa. It's so cheesy they have no choice but to acknowledge it on the show.

Sexism is wrong in all forms and there shouldn't be some implied double standard. If you want respect, you should be willing to give it back.

"Girls, you should wear uncomfortable clothing and starve yourself to meet society's ideal of beauty. Math is hard. Science is lame. You're not supposed to enjoy sex, you're just there for the man to enjoy. Oh, and men are drooling Neanderthals who can't do anything but eat, drink, watch football, and lust after you. GIRL POWER!"

Latest posts

Back