All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

BIG MAN JAPAN and COOL DOG.

Haha, Cool Dog: Lost In New York became a big running joke when I was at Blockbuster.

Tonight I finally saw Bobcat Goldthwait's World's Greatest Dad starring Robin Williams. I thought it was pretty great. Original concept, done well, and Williams' performance was excellent. It easily could've been **** but all the emotions and stuff played out really well.

Last edited:
Saw Cedar Rapids tonight which was also quite enjoyable. Ed Helms can carry a film and will hopefully get to do a really great one someday. The fact that between it and World's Greatest Dad(which was from 2009) I saw two films in a row whose plots were
catalyzed by accidental auto-erotic asphyxiation-based suicides
, without knowing anything about either of them going in, is a pretty ****ing astonishing coincidence.

Last edited:
I just watched Irreversible and I think it's one of the best films I have ever seen.

69803_v1.jpg

69377_v1.jpg

69717.jpg

32 Insane Movie Ideas Built Out Of Existing Movie Titles

Best Photoplasty contest results in a while(contains some NSFW language).

Last edited:
Saw Bad Teacher the other day. It was really funny, I liked it a lot. Much more of a black comedy than I was expecting.
You mean you expected something other than a black comedy? I thought the trailer said otherwise.

Looking forward to it, even if just for the fact that it subverts Cameron Diaz' screen image, which I have found repugnant since the Charlie's Angels days.

You mean you expected something other than a black comedy? I thought the trailer said otherwise.

Looking forward to it, even if just for the fact that it subverts Cameron Diaz' screen image, which I have found repugnant since the Charlie's Angels days.

Let me rephrase: What I expected was more of the Judd Apatow style where there is a tacked on moral at the end of the movie, and the central character changes their ways. This movie didn't really follow that outline. If that makes any sense.

Saw BACK TO SCHOOL last night. Halfway decent Rodney Dangerfield comedy with a fantastic Danny Elfman score. Always weird seeing RDJ in movies he was in in the '80s.

Let me rephrase: What I expected was more of the Judd Apatow style where there is a tacked on moral at the end of the movie, and the central character changes their ways. This movie didn't really follow that outline. If that makes any sense.
Oh, I get it.

I don't think I've watched more than 2 Judd Apatow movies, but I am aware of the formula and understand now what your sentiment was.

I just saw Source Code and it was really brilliant. Duncan Jones is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors with this and Moon.

Guillermo del Toro summed up Pacific Rim pretty well last week at the Legendary panel during Comic-Con International in San Diego: "Giant ****ing monsters against giant ****ing robots."

:rockon:

Just saw Final Destination 5. Not bad, but not great either. It was definitely better that 4 and I love the twist at the end.

the fifth movie is actually the frist movie. It ends on the plane from the first movie.

Watched THE SOCIAL NETWORK for the fourth or fifth time the other night. With each viewing, I see it's brilliance more and more. When I saw it in the theater I was underwhelmed. Liked it a bit more the second time. Loved it the two times I watched it on DVD/Blu-ray. The last time, two nights ago, watched it on Blu with the Subtitles on -- the train runs right outside our window -- and it was just perfect. Such a great film.

So watching GI Joe with some buddies just becuase were drinking and this is the most mindless thing on Netflix right now...

This may be the worst adaptation of a cheesy nostalgia trip I've ever seen. At least Transformers is entertaining because it has incredible action sequences. I could point out the bad acting, horrid writing or lame cgi but I must say the most subtle but obvious once you think of it problems is the soundtrack. This isn't helped by me watching Dark Knight, the original Star Wars Trilogy and Lord of the Rings in the past month but a soundtrack really makes a movie (a huge problem with Watchmen, an otherwise great movie, I may add). But this soundtrack is literally keyboard synthesizers and jazz rips. I know they may be going for an 80s feel but there's a reason no one uses that music in anything anymore.

Well The Three Stooges gets a teaser trailer. It looks,... ok. But I did like the part where Moe poked Snookie in the eyes.

[video=youtube;yCdZje_sTF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdZje_sTF0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:
Well The Three Stooges gets a teaser trailer. It looks,... ok. But I did like the part where Moe poked Snookie in the eyes.

[video=youtube;yCdZje_sTF0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCdZje_sTF0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

If that isn't the biggest flop of 2012 I quit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back