All About Movies Thread: 8 Tweets & a Funeral.

Are you talking about this House?

Housefilmposter.jpg

Because we're talking about this House:

hausu1.jpg

Seeing the Japanese one as a kid would be one of the strangest things I could imagine. I think it would make me afraid of Japanese people.

Watch this NOW before you get this spoiled for you.

[video=youtube;6CloKbXtD28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CloKbXtD28[/video]

I was prepared to write an angry blurb about how stupid and chalky this movie was gonna be, and then the muppets showed their adorable hiney's and made it all better. Brought to you by the letter J. yeah this looks awesome.

Last edited:
Watch this NOW before you get this spoiled for you.

[video=youtube;6CloKbXtD28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CloKbXtD28[/video]

wow... that was...

so good.

Also. I just bought and watched "A Time To Kill" the other day. I hadn't seen it in years, it's so good.

There was a midnight movie screening of HAUSU at one of my favorite movie theaters during the school year last year, and a bunch of my friends went to it, but I didn't go for some reason.

Pirates 4 was great! Much closer in tone and style to 2 than the crappy, all-over-the-place 3. I hope the whole second trilogy can be as good. I also hope they
don't leave the Fountain Of Youth behind completely. It would be awesome if Jack still finds a way to drink from it and the series concludes with him still alive in the 2010s!

I can accept that they wanted to just play it safe and have The Hangover Part II follow the same formula as the original, but did they have to go so far out of their way to rehash every beat from it and do nothing new? That said, it was still a pretty funny and enjoyable ride. Just an unimpressive, surprisingly half-assed one.

I can accept that they wanted to just play it safe and have The Hangover Part II follow the same formula as the original, but did they have to go so far out of their way to rehash every beat from it and do nothing new? That said, it was still a pretty funny and enjoyable ride. Just an unimpressive, surprisingly half-assed one.

Ugh, that was what I was afraid whould happen. It's Rush Hour 2 all over again.

And yet it made $83 million...

More evidence that when it comes to the masses, original comedies are dead.

Saw Pirates 4 yesterday and enjoyed it.

That doesn't really make sense. After all, the first Hangover, which was a fairly original concept, made tons of cash.

Yes, and like everyone has said, the new one isn't original, it's a rehash of the original. I was pointing out that the average movie goer doesn't care about originality, they only care about what's popular. What made The Hangover great was its original take on the "everyman comedy", the second was "once again, but with a little less feeling".

It's like the sad down fall of Mel Brooks. He went from amazingly funny original ideas, and timeless comedy, to making horrible PG rated parodies of other films/genres.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back